The Walking Dead

They are going to have to leave the farm. There is no way that Hershel is going to let them stay after the killed all the walkers from the barn. I wonder if Hershel still sees them as 'people'?

For a moment, I thought Dale was going to shot Shane when Shane was giving him shit. Worse yet, then it seemed as if the others were supporting Shane's actions.

Then Lori hits the walker and crashes and Rick ends up shooting the two guys in the bar. I understand he had to do that to protect the group, but does that mean that he is willing to kill others, maybe even Shane or Hershel, to protect his family? And it looks like those two guys' friends will be showing up next week.

I think Rick is willing to do whatever is needed to protect his own, that included the group and Hershel's family. I was surprised that he killed them but glad he did. Hershel had an eyeopner now that he knows the walkers aren't just 'sick'

(OMG! 10 minutes before it came on...all cozy on couch ready to watch...have bowl of ice-cream and ready...hubby comes home with the new Twilight movie and he actually thought I was going to let him turn it on instead of Walking Dead?!?! Really??? I almost had to contact a divorce attorney! :P He gave in and sat down and shut up!)

Here's a handy guide to Zombies :)

It is important to remember that every zombie is unique and that zombies are as varied in death as they were in life. Assuming zombies are all the same will get you killed or worse- false familiarity is deadly.

That said, there are a handful of broad categories which most zombies can be classified into.

Sloucher

The 'regular' zombie. Slow moving, uncoordinated, and very unaware. Will wander or lay collapsed until it detects prey, at which point it will issue a horrible moan and move to attack.

Dragger

A Sloucher that moves more slowly for some reason, perhaps due to injury or decomposition. A Dragger's slow but erratic movements make them more difficult to get a headshot on than the more steady Slouchers.

Shambler

A Sloucher that is able to move slightly faster than average. Like the Dragger, Shamblers erratic movement makes them more difficult to target precisely.

Crawler

A zombie which must crawl, usually because of severe damage to the legs or back.

Juggernaut

A very large Sloucher, either obese, muscular or mutated. Not faster or smarter but stronger and very difficult to put down.

Twitcher

At first glance a Twitcher will appear to be a regular Sloucher, but a careful observer will notice the Twitcher is much more alert and fidgety. Unlike Slouchers, Twitchers will run, climb, and jump to reach prey; shrieking the whole time.

Wailer

Usually a zombie child with enormous lung capacity. The Wailer is fond of climbing and will wait in treetops or on the roofs of houses until it spots prey. The horribly distinctive wail will attract all the zombies in the area.

Banshee

Usually a zombified young woman. The hellish shriek of a Banshee will not only attract more zombies, it is said to be able to transfix the living, freezing the weak willed in place.

Thinker

Thinkers are thankfully very rare. They look like regular people, they are able to walk and move like the living and they usually don't have obvious injuries. Thinkers are self aware and alert, able to see their surroundings in a way that other zombies cannot. Thinkers can learn simple things, use simple tools, and recognize symbols and patterns. A Thinkers most terrifying trait however is the ability to telepathically direct other zombies, allowing them to set traps and overcome obstacles.

Make sure you keep those doors and windows locked now ......

More at: http://therustydagger.blogspot.com/2011/10/greater-toronto-zombies.html

New Walking Dead tonight. Some big questions: Is Lori dead? How is Rick / Hershal / Glenn going to get out of the bar when those guys friends show up? What's wrong with Hershal's daughter...did she get scratched and we didn't see or has the virus gone airbourne?

What are your thoughts on Rick killing them? The dude did look like he was reaching for his gun...but what would the group/farm think if the tables were turned? What if Rick and Glenn didn't make it back after getting gunned down by humans in a world full of zombies?

I think it was a justified killing.

AMC has new Trivia Quizzes: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/ultimate-fan-game/

Buckle up. Tonight is the shoot out at the Dry Gulch Saloon.

Rick had to take them out or those guys would have killed them. I don't think Lori is dead, but that is a good question about Hershel's daughter.

It appears as if they're setting Rick up to take out Shane, but I think someone else will end up doing it. I can still see that being Carl though. At some point, I expect he'll feel as if he has to do it to save either his mother or father. Of course, Hershel and Dale are both possibilities as well, since both have an intense disliking for Shane, or will the Zombie's get him first?. The only was I can see Shane staying on the series is if he and Andrea go off on their own, maybe convincing others to go with them.

I also wonder if Lori will lose the baby, because of the accident. I know that hasn't happened yet, but possibly some that will come up down the road, as a delayed outcome.

And what's going to happen with that other group. Several of them have been killed by this group now. Will they just let it go or seek revenge. Will the injured kid rejoin them, be left on his own or will they take pity on him and let the kid stay?

Wow, Lori cocked that hammer and shoved a gun in Ricks hand :P I think this is going to go down very quick enless Shane leaves on his own. He's either going to get killed or forced out.

The new kid, his own group was quick to up and leave him. I hope they don't come back. They already lost 4 (2shot, 1 eaten and 1 they left for zombie food) so they are a pretty heartless bunch.

I think something big is going to happen that going to forced them all to flee the farm. The zombies look like they're starving and if they find the farm...dah~dah~dah!

Cant' wait for next week

Okay, Has anyone seen the previews for tonigh? Want to see what your thoughts are before it airs. To me, it looked like Rick and Shane are under attack and Rick hides under a dead-again walker :P and that he leaves Shane to fend for himself with walkers on his heels.

It looked like they were at a school so why did they leave the farm? Last week Hershal wasn't trying to get them off his farm now that he knows there are worse things out there then walkers...the living!

Can't wait...the countdown begins!

I’m disappointed in tonight’s show. That could have been the first 15minutes and then continued on to more actual plot. Come on, there are only 3 more left for the season and that is what they give us tonight? Really??? Posted Image

No resolution to anything…they took Randal out then brought him back…Rick gave Shane the same speech 3 times… Maggie’s sister (sorry forgot her name) is awake and suicidal. Wow! They needed an hour (45mins) for that? Next week better give us more!

What are your thoughts on Randal? Do you think he's a danger to the group? Should they keep him? Let him go? Let Daryl turn him into his plaything? Confessing that he knew Maggie put a whole nother spin on it.

It's only Tuesday and I'm already having WD withdraw! :P

evil horny gay zombies..... if they get you you'll be an evil horny gay zombie too....

>_> *on an earlier note, Is reminded of a dream he had with a creature that was undeadish that lived only during the winter*

You guys all just want to be Necromancers....lol

OMG, Walking Dead had me on the edge of my seat, screaming at Carl!!!!! I swear if there is a zombie apocalypse and my kid was trapsing through the woods (after stealing a gun) and finds a zombie and thinks...Oooooh I'll throw rocks and taunt it :wacko:

WTF????? I thought he was going to get himself eaten!!!! :angry:

I wonder if Carl is going to admit that the zombie he was taunting is the same one that killed Dale? :blink:

At first, I didn't think Randall would be a danger to the group, but after beating the crap out of him and threatening to kill him, I now think he'll do anything to get revenge. Does he get away, find his old group and bring them back to do it?

I think the incident with Carl is going to drastically change him (and you're right - what are his parents thinking, letting him roam around without supervision?). I don't think he'll tell anyone what happened, but I think he's going to the dark side now. Watch out, because he won't pass up shooting things now.

Dale's gone, so does the groups conscience die with him? Shane's about to go off the deep end, so if someone doesn't kill him, then he's going to kill a lot of others.

Daryl is also going dark and Hershel and his family seem to be abstaining from making any decisions (btw, Maggie's sister's name is Beth). Will Glen take over for speaking for Hershel's family now, as the crown prince?

I think watching Dale die, and even more, watching Dale die because of something HE did, will change Carl for the better. He seemed pretty freaked out especially when he saw it was the same walker. It's definitely a welcome change from him actually wanting to watch Randall die.

I really, really, really, really want Shane to die. I'm glad Andrea is finally starting to move away from him. She's my favorite character so I don't want to see her getting herself killed.