Song of the moment

Just now, R J Drew said:

I remember my oldest being in love with TLC when he was just 10 years old. But then again he also listened to Metallica, Nirvana, and Aaliyah. LOL 

Omg, when Crazy, Sexy, Cool came out, I was in 7th grade. I still love that album. And then ofc, Fan Mail came out in 1999...

• Like 1

This will be on the playlist of my Wedding for sure, now I just need to be find a guy who like it too:

• Like 2

Way before Beyonce was conceived, this woman was raising the roof. We have a tendency to forget the women who forged the path so that artists like Beyonce can take center stage. Etta James was a tough lady at a time when women were put on the back burner to their male counterparts. She had to deal with the egos of men like Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf. With each passing year, the stars who innovated and shaped blues and rock, making music that still to this day cannot be replicated, are dead or dying. Long live the spirit of Etta James. She was a rocking powerhouse.

Edited by Former Member
1 hour ago, Uziel said:

Asa - The One That Never Comes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6VAYuAotF0

Now that's what I'm talking about! LOL I must plead ignorance because I've never heard of this beauty. I'll admit, I had to Google her. Going over her influences I can hear in her soulful voice, an echo of old school soul. She is more than pretentious music video glamour, and empty lyrics designed to make a quick buck. Thank you for introducing me to a true artist. I will be spending time checking out more of her songs. :2thumbs:

18 hours ago, R J Drew said:

Now that's what I'm talking about! LOL I must plead ignorance because I've never heard of this beauty. I'll admit, I had to Google her. Going over her influences I can hear in her soulful voice, an echo of old school soul. She is more than pretentious music video glamour, and empty lyrics designed to make a quick buck. Thank you for introducing me to a true artist. I will be spending time checking out more of her songs. :2thumbs:

Hehehe. Shes one of my absolute favourite country-person musicians. Her songs are awesome. She actually sings and has awesome lyrics.

Id recommend that you start with her first album Asha released nearly ten years ago. The material was authentic and groundbreaking.

Edited by Uziel