Song of the moment

C'est Extra originally written and performed by Leo Ferre in the summer of '68 after listening to the Moody Blues playing Nights in White Satin on his car radio. The words are romantic, evoquative, and erotic, but a translation is difficult, the lyrics of some songs just don't easily lend themselves to being written in a different language. Most especially those songs that evoke a mood, even the title is difficult, meaning, it's extrordinary, super, fantastic, but none of those words quite mean c'est extra!

Listen and enjoy the mood.

So, I cannot get this song out of my head, and I'm a little bit in love with the lead singer just from watching the video. lol

For some reason, the video I posted was removed. I don't understand that because it was from the American Music Awards, but whatever; here's another one. :)

Edited by Lisa
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This just came into my mind today:

That Clapton number reminded me of his solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" -- and then I remembered how well that tune works on Stick

(Of course, Culbertson makes a lot of stuff look easy)

A group from Iceland I've been hearing for a couple of weeks.

This video was filmed in an Iceland volcano! They also performed on an iceberg!

This has been getting a lot of airplay here in SoCal too! Cool band! Ominous rumbling down there though! :o

For all its 80s cheeziness, this song represents the exact moment of my Gay sexual awakening. I just fell in complete love with Christopher Atkins. I still have a thing for him. :wub:

While I was looking for the video that Bill Paxton directed called "Fish Heads" I came across this one called(don't laugh) ' Jizz In My Pants '. I really don't know who would intentionally go out of their way to watch this? Not me, but you be the judge and watch it if you want and no, I do not want to hear any of you raving about it(please).

sandrewn