Comicfan - The Life of Seeon

Seeon is the fifth child in a royal household that is now at war. The eldest male child is the heir to the throne, the second eldest acts as the warrior prince. There are twin daughters who are gifted with abilities beyond the normal five senses. Then there is the baby of the family, Seeon.

Seeon's world is not one of choices and opportunities. It is a very rigid sort of class structure. Everything, from your clothing and hair styles,to the animals you are associated with have meaning.

When war touches even the royal family changes occur that spin the normal course that Seeon's life would have traveled out into new forms that horrify him at first. What will occur? What does being a Ma' Nee really mean?

These and other questions and ideas are explored in The Life of Seeon. I figured I would begin this thread for anyone who wanted to ask questions that they didn't want to post after the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeon will be posting on Thanksgiving this week. The reason, well, I work retail and won't even know my name come Saturday so can not make sure it would go up then. Just doing my best ladies and gents. I hope you are enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm.. no thank you! But mine would glow an off white color. lol

Can't wait for the wedding and the drama that would bring!

Quick question. I'm not sure if this was discussed on the earlier chapters but why is Batea there again? She is the queen now so I would imagine she considered this below her.

Normally, it would be Seeon's brother who would be there but the war has taken him away. A member of the royal family must attend. He therefore sent Batea, his first wife to oversee Seeon's marriage. She has been with Seeon since he has been made Ma'Nee.In order to keep Seeon's suspected powers under control and to make him compliant, he has been given a special soap that makes it all happen. Which is why he feels so drained after his daily baths and why he submits so easily to everyone else's demands.

If by enough you mean me, then yes! :D I'm sure the other people who are following the story as well as those who read but don't need the emails since they know you update on Saturdays will want the second and third parts too.

And I can't wait to see more of Seeon as Seeon and not Ma'Nee Seeon. I'm hoping we get to see that in part one but if we don't then you will definitely have to put the second part up.

Actually part one ends in a few chapters. I wasn't sure if people would really be interested in Seeon. KC and Renee have both told me I have to go on but I figure they are sort of bias. They are my betas on this.

Little less drama than I expected and that bud thing wasn't even mentioned. It would be nice to see Seeon finally treated normally again though. Plus that Deda guy became second fiddle to that other priest which was nice.

I do have a question again though. How did they convince Mika that Seeon was not being forced into the marriage?

They explained it was a cultural thing. It is hard to be forced to do something when it is all you have been trained to do. Mika is taking Oma and Tsal's word, because they had the chance to see and talk to him before the wedding. If they said this was a forced marriage, Mika would have walked..

The first book of Seeon was completed before I ever posted. Although I did end up making one small change because you have all asked for more, Ramon. The last three chapters of Book 1 will continue to post on Saturdays. There might be a slight gap before two begins as I am now writing it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Too late! Sent an army over to torture you until you have longer chapters. :P

Nice chapter apart from the length. Seeon's people have some weird customs. Why would they not want the bride to eat anything on her wedding day? Anyway, really looking forward to Seeon and Mika's talk.

Just remember that the Majana Bud is used on a bride. Seeon isn't one exactly, so he wasn't sure where the bud would end up and knew he would have to take steps to make sure he would make it through till he would be alone with his husband.

• 2 weeks later...

For those wondering, there is one more chapter in the first book of Seeon. As soon as I get my computer back it will be sent to my Betas and Editor. I was doing so well getting this out. I do apologize to those who are waiting.

WAYNE