Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Paternity is the twelfth story in the CAP series. You can find it here.

If you want to get updates on when new chapters are published, click on "follow this story." I'll try to keep the edits to a minimum so you don't get a bunch of extra e-mail notifications.

I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

Well this story should be interesting with playboy Cody and level headed Wade as Daddies, leaving both babies outside the normal family bloodlines we have seen in the CAP series. The first chapter would seem to setup an endless number of possibilities for drama.

• Like 1

*Finishes off his second pitcher of Yuengling to deal with the fact that he has a third story set in 2000 to soundtrack, then sobs hysterically for 5 minutes*

You're really killin' me here, Mark.

Now that I'm finished ranting, nice start to the story. I've always liked Danfield. Tiffany's always been fun. And I'm thinking she's not going to be down with all of the blue-blood traditional shit that probably comes with being a Danfield. She seems like someone who'd want Riley to be raised as grounded and low-key as possible, which is not going to be easy with La Danfield as a grandmother.

• Like 2

I had the exact feeling that Hermetically Sealed had that this this going to push Jeanine over the edge and into either resenting or hating the child. I have to admit I am sure that Cody got to be the father because of all the drama that it will help stir up but really was hoping for Robbie to have been the father.

I have always like Jeanine and have found her to be one of the more interesting ancillary players. However, she could easily be pushed off the deep end and do something rash, ie suicide, abandoning the family, etc; how she ultimately handles this will effect so many lives. Jeanine may snap out of all of this and just be the perfect mother but then where would the drama be with that???

I am really glad that Wade will be the primary narrator for this story. Like Westie, the thought of a naked Matt, helps a lot but Wade has always reminded me of JP in the early stories and those have always been my favorite. I still think that JP is the best narrator that any of the stories have had, and hopefully Wade will be able to follow in his footsteps.

I think that the relationship that Wade has with Will is great and this will enable Will to stay in the picture for this story. I am also sure that with Matt being captain of the hockey team, Gathan will be around some as well.

Now, as to the music in 2000; I agree for the most point that year had very little to offer overall but probably the best album of the year was released in September of that year. It was Music by Madonna, I know what a shock, a gay man that loves Madonna... The album was one of her best ever and went to number one in about 25 countries including the US and UK. The album ended up selling around 15 million copies and spawned another couple of number one singles for Madonna. Although not released on the US version, Madonna's remake of Don McLean's American Pie was released on the international copies and was one of the best remakes ever... You couldn't go into either a gay or straight club in the last few months of that year without hearing songs from that album.

• Like 1

I liked Jeanine early on when she was just Darius's nanny, less so as Will's mom or Tiffany's partner.

I don't remember Tiffany's background, but I hope she doesn't cut off her nose to spite her face with Grand Mama Danfield. There are a lot of advantages that go with being a Tidewater Family. Yes with advantages comes responsibilities and some BS, but you put up with it because the pluses outweigh the minuses.

I had to think for a minute who Cody even was. He hasn't been in the picture for a while, but hopefully we will see a bit more of where he is career-wise and some of the characters from the past, Jackie included. Maybe even have some cameos from Wolfgang Puck, Jim Cameron, Bryan Singer, Peter Jackson, etc.

• Like 1

You couldn't go into either a gay or straight club in the last few months of that year without hearing songs from that album.

Which is why I used music from that album in both "Millenium" and "Poor Man's Son". Again. Third story. I'm not happy about having to repeat stuff, but I've had to because of the total lack of actual time jumps since" Bloodlines".

2000 was pretty dry musically, save for Eminem, Moby, and later that year Linkin Park.

Cody...I don't know. He really doesn't strike me as a father type, but we'll see whether or not he'll try to step up as a dad, if Jeanine wants to him to. Right now I'm just going with "sperm donor" here for Cody. Shouldn't Harry Potter be ramping up production in England right about now?

I tried to quote posts and respond to reviews, but once again, the site is moving so slowly it keeps kicking me to an error screen. I really do appreciate your comments and feedback. I'll try to pick a time when it's moving at a normal speed and get back to all of you. I'm thinking that 2025 ought to be about right. Posted Image

I had the exact feeling that Hermetically Sealed had that this this going to push Jeanine over the edge and into either resenting or hating the child. I have to admit I am sure that Cody got to be the father because of all the drama that it will help stir up but really was hoping for Robbie to have been the father.

I have always like Jeanine and have found her to be one of the more interesting ancillary players. However, she could easily be pushed off the deep end and do something rash, ie suicide, abandoning the family, etc; how she ultimately handles this will effect so many lives. Jeanine may snap out of all of this and just be the perfect mother but then where would the drama be with that???

I am really glad that Wade will be the primary narrator for this story. Like Westie, the thought of a naked Matt, helps a lot but Wade has always reminded me of JP in the early stories and those have always been my favorite. I still think that JP is the best narrator that any of the stories have had, and hopefully Wade will be able to follow in his footsteps.

I think that the relationship that Wade has with Will is great and this will enable Will to stay in the picture for this story. I am also sure that with Matt being captain of the hockey team, Gathan will be around some as well.

Now, as to the music in 2000; I agree for the most point that year had very little to offer overall but probably the best album of the year was released in September of that year. It was Music by Madonna, I know what a shock, a gay man that loves Madonna... The album was one of her best ever and went to number one in about 25 countries including the US and UK. The album ended up selling around 15 million copies and spawned another couple of number one singles for Madonna. Although not released on the US version, Madonna's remake of Don McLean's American Pie was released on the international copies and was one of the best remakes ever... You couldn't go into either a gay or straight club in the last few months of that year without hearing songs from that album.

I haven't written Jeanine off a cliff yet. I think she's more resilient than that.

It's interesting that Westie (and you) made the comparison between JP and Wade. I have written them as very similar characters, but I think that Wade actually has more self-confidence than JP had/has. JP was always fighting his internal demons, and while Wade fights to maintain his cool, he seems to like himself more than JP did.

• Like 1

It's interesting that Westie (and you) made the comparison between JP and Wade. I have written them as very similar characters, but I think that Wade actually has more self-confidence than JP had/has. JP was always fighting his internal demons, and while Wade fights to maintain his cool, he seems to like himself more than JP did.

The thing about JP was that he always had this detached quality to him; like he was a sociopath that knew how to play by the rules and could mimic human emotions, but there was always an internal coldness to him. Even when Jeff died, it seemed more like JP was grieving for himself than he did about Jeff, because it was still all about JP, and the emotions felt empty and more of an act than anything. That didn't really change until Be Rad. Wade, although being reserved, has never felt cold and detached the way young JP did.

I think it helps that Wade was never awkward socially- Danfield basically came off as the nice sociable jock that everyone liked, not the awkward geek that JP was supposed to have been.

• Like 2

The thing about JP was that he always had this detached quality to him; like he was a sociopath that knew how to play by the rules and could mimic human emotions, but there was always an internal coldness to him. Even when Jeff died, it seemed more like JP was grieving for himself than he did about Jeff, because it was still all about JP, and the emotions felt empty and more of an act than anything. That didn't really change until Be Rad. Wade, although being reserved, has never felt cold and detached the way young JP did.

I think it helps that Wade was never awkward socially- Danfield basically came off as the nice sociable jock that everyone liked, not the awkward geek that JP was supposed to have been.

Well put, Jeremy.

Well put, Jeremy.

Thanks. It pretty much seemed like Be Rad served to make JP deeper- he lost his big relationship with Sam, he saw the guilt of what happened with Jeff personified in Robbie and Robbie's El Dorado, and he lost a son. After that, JP seemed to lose his sociopathic edge.

I would have to agree. JP has somewhat of the "dexter morgan" quality about him (as in the books and TV series "dexter"). He could have easily been a serial killer if not for his environment. Cold, Detached, somewhat outside of the human experience. Whereas a Serial Killer sees the world and may feel excluded, JP has more of a feeling of being an outsider who has seen the world, and on the whole has been wryly amused.

• Like 1

I guess since mark asked where the hell i've been maybe i'll try and post in the forms more often? sometimes life gets in the way but i usualy always find a time for a story (if there posted). I just had my 2nd Wisdom tooth out today. Lets hope no one in these stories face that, it's not the most pleasent. Hopefully no dry socket either....(worse pain then child birth, because it's always there). but so far i'm all roses and healthy. lol

Anyway to the Story paternity.

I think Jeannine (how is the pronounced? I always think G-anne) will be a little unhinged and she'll be a wirlwind to deal with, however i think cody has the worst possible future because i think jeannine might just take her rath out on him. I can see him just balling right up and closing off from everyone with her. Hopefully not but probably. I think/hope wade works a teather on to matt and who he has sex with. Will mentioned in the last story that wade just is super faithful and matt is not, that bugged me a bit. okay i lied, alot. Maybe wade/Matt have a breakup moment? I'm also currious if Gathen will go to wade and ask wade why matt is being such a dick in hockey, then matt will spill his side of what he's doing, who knows? oh yeh...guess mark does. I also hope someone fucks up and has sex with an EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER. like that drama sounds like SO much fun :)

One thing that bugs me is no one in these stories have been to the zoo seeing two tigers humping? like mark you gotta put yourself in these storys a little more litteral. :)

Anyway i await the next chapter as usual.....just think be-rad was posted every other day. now we are waiting for story's ever 5thish day. Oh well the quality is superb :) Keep Writing! :)

• Like 1

I guess since mark asked where the hell i've been maybe i'll try and post in the forms more often? sometimes life gets in the way but i usualy always find a time for a story (if there posted). I just had my 2nd Wisdom tooth out today. Lets hope no one in these stories face that, it's not the most pleasent. Hopefully no dry socket either....(worse pain then child birth, because it's always there). but so far i'm all roses and healthy. lol

Anyway to the Story paternity.

I think Jeannine (how is the pronounced? I always think G-anne) will be a little unhinged and she'll be a wirlwind to deal with, however i think cody has the worst possible future because i think jeannine might just take her rath out on him. I can see him just balling right up and closing off from everyone with her. Hopefully not but probably. I think/hope wade works a teather on to matt and who he has sex with. Will mentioned in the last story that wade just is super faithful and matt is not, that bugged me a bit. okay i lied, alot. Maybe wade/Matt have a breakup moment? I'm also currious if Gathen will go to wade and ask wade why matt is being such a dick in hockey, then matt will spill his side of what he's doing, who knows? oh yeh...guess mark does. I also hope someone fucks up and has sex with an EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER. like that drama sounds like SO much fun Posted Image

One thing that bugs me is no one in these stories have been to the zoo seeing two tigers humping? like mark you gotta put yourself in these storys a little more litteral. Posted Image

Anyway i await the next chapter as usual.....just think be-rad was posted every other day. now we are waiting for story's ever 5thish day. Oh well the quality is superb Posted Image Keep Writing! Posted Image

Hope your mouth gets better!

It's interesting that you mention Wade and Matt, and their relative attitudes toward their relationship. They have an agreement that they can mess around with other people, so "faithful" isn't really a good way to describe it. Matt needs other men, and Wade doesn't. I think that's starting to bother Wade more than it used to.

I would have to agree. JP has somewhat of the "dexter morgan" quality about him (as in the books and TV series "dexter"). He could have easily been a serial killer if not for his environment. Cold, Detached, somewhat outside of the human experience. Whereas a Serial Killer sees the world and may feel excluded, JP has more of a feeling of being an outsider who has seen the world, and on the whole has been wryly amused.

"Wryly amused." I loved that.

It's interesting that you mention Wade and Matt, and their relative attitudes toward their relationship. They have an agreement that they can mess around with other people, so "faithful" isn't really a good way to describe it. Matt needs other men, and Wade doesn't. I think that's starting to bother Wade more than it used to.

I think this will be much more important as the story goes forward. Matt's future I suspect lies in the world of finance (specifically, as part of Stef and Brads world). It's clear though that Wade feels tradition acutely, and WANTS to follow his father into politics. Now, a gay man might not be the republican "wet dream" candidate, but i suspect that in the right state, most people just would see it almost as an "eccentricity" that he sleeps with men. What they wouldn't forgive is if that one deviation from their formula started to impact on other areas. Can he talk about family values with Matt sleeping with half the state? Nope. Could he handle continual sex scandals while in office? Nope. More than that, could he handle being seen as the weaker partner, constantly being walked all over? certainly not.

Emotionally, I think Wade needs commitment over the longer term - he also needs someone in order to feel grounded and normal. Matt does that for him now because of their shared journey. Ultimately that will be a bond that can never break. If they break up, i suspect Wade wont be able to say no to Matt, and wade will never be able to stay faithful to subsequent partners because Matt will always be his weakness. I see very much a "Brad-Robbie" scenario here. Whether Matt is stupid and screws everything up (in more ways than one) or whether we see the start of another EPIC romance within the series, I think this story and possibly the next one will have to decide.

• Like 2

Westie is a genius... His comments above are right on about Matt and Wade's relationship; the only thing I might take issue is that I think in reality Wade is the stronger person, much like JP was always stronger than any of those he was with. However even with that, I don't think that Wade would be able to stay away from Matt even if they broke up, please God/Mark don't let that happen.... I think Matt is the love of Wade's life, he might end up with someone else but no one will ever replace Matt in Wade's heart of hearts...

I love when we get to see Will as a typical teenager, being tortured by his older brother and feeling that the adults in his life just don't understand him...

Hmmm... have to wonder what Tiffany has in her past that Elizabeth is so worried about? We really don't know anything about her family.

Keep up the great work....

Edited by centexhairysub

Westie is a genius... His comments above are right on about Matt and Wade's relationship; the only thing I might take issue is that I think in reality Wade is the stronger person, much like JP was always stronger than any of those he was with. However even with that, I don't think that Wade would be able to stay away from Matt even if they broke up, please God/Mark don't let that happen.... I think Matt is the love of Wade's life, he might end up with someone else but no one will ever replace Matt in Wade's heart of hearts...

I love when we get to see Will as a typical teenager, being tortured by his older brother and feeling that the adults in his life just don't understand him...

Hmmm... have to wonder what Tiffany has in her past that Elizabeth is so worried about? We really don't know anything about her family.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but especially about Westie being a genius. Posted Image

And we do know one thing about Tiffany's family. Posted Image

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but especially about Westie being a genius. Posted Image

You know, the word "genius" is thrown about an awful lot these days..... but the only quality I have in greater excess than genius is, of course, modesty, so i couldn't possibly comment.

Regarding Wade being "strong" - I agree. But I also think that like brad's strength, much of it is drawn from his partner. When Brad and Robbie had their little disaster in "millennium", Brad drew his strength from, ultimately, the desire to "win" Robbie back, while not sacrificing his dignity. JP is a slightly different case, because whereas Wade "hides" his feelings, JP "Suppresses" them - and thats a fine distinction.

Wade "feels" things in his own world, but refuses to show those feelings. I'm not sure to what extent JP can "feel" even his own pain. More so, I think JP treats emotional pain more as an intellectual exercise, than an insular event in his own heart and mind.

• Like 1

You know, the word "genius" is thrown about an awful lot these days..... but the only quality I have in greater excess than genius is, of course, modesty, so i couldn't possibly comment.

Regarding Wade being "strong" - I agree. But I also think that like brad's strength, much of it is drawn from his partner. When Brad and Robbie had their little disaster in "millennium", Brad drew his strength from, ultimately, the desire to "win" Robbie back, while not sacrificing his dignity. JP is a slightly different case, because whereas Wade "hides" his feelings, JP "Suppresses" them - and thats a fine distinction.

Wade "feels" things in his own world, but refuses to show those feelings. I'm not sure to what extent JP can "feel" even his own pain. More so, I think JP treats emotional pain more as an intellectual exercise, than an insular event in his own heart and mind.

What a fascinating analysis of how these guys think. I think, though, that unlike these other guys, Wade is less dependent on a partner for his strength. I think Brad is the most dependent, as if without Robbie (or someone else there) he's floundering about like a ship without a rudder. JP, I think, needs a partner to provide that physical love and support that he transforms psychologically into a foundation. Wade really does seem independent; the kind of guy who could be on his own and be fine without a partner. I think that's become more apparent since he was able to work through the situation with his father.

One of the reasons for that is that Wade is not willing to trust very freely. It would be easier for him to have multiple people in his life, while keeping them at a distance. Matt would, I think, be a huge exception for him in that regard. I think it would take a long time for him to trust someone at that level, and I don't think that he would have trusted Matt as much as he did if it weren't for the molestation issues they worked through.

• Like 1

I hope Wade and Matt are more like JP & Stef than Brad & Robbie, who needs THAT drama again.

And while Matt might other men/boys now, eventually it gets old and you see the vacuousness of it if you any sense about you and I think Matt does.

I am more intrigued by Darius' challenge to Will to close the deal with a girl. I'd love to see Will do some exploration with women/girls.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..