Personal questions...

Hi there Posted Image

Let's start a thread to get to know each other a bit better, shall we Posted Image Posted Image

Here's how it works:

Ask one question of a personal nature, any question you like, then the next person commenting must answer it and then ask his/her question.

Go wild, be imaginative with your questions. It's not a crime to ask a same question many times in the thread , but lets try to learn things from each other. Remember, you decide, if you want to answer the question Posted Image And you decide how long long or detailed your answer will be.

First question:

What is your favorite childhood memory?

Good one Marzipan Posted Image

Well mine was only three years ago. When old farmer Sam, who lives at the end of my track brought up a huge cardboard box. It was beaten up and bent. He placed it on the floor and said, "there ya are lad, train him well."

And I opened the box to find a little black lab puppy. Sam said he was pedigree, but had no papers. I didnt care, he was adorable.

I called him Max and three years later. He is my best friend. And well trained too. He knows the difference between boots, shoes and slippers. He can even bring me a beer from the fridge.

Best of all he sits and listens to my ramblings, as if its the most interesting thing he's ever heard. Posted Image

What is your favourite item of clothing?? :)

• Like 3

That's a wonderful memory Marky!

What is your favourite item of clothing?? Posted Image

My favorite item of clothing is my terry-cloth robe. My grandmother had this terry-cloth bedspread (so very 70's Posted Image ) when I was little and I loved the feel of it. Whenever I was sick or didn't feel good, I would pull it off the bed and wrap myself up in it Posted Image

One year for christmas she got me this green terrry-cloth robe! They did it as a joke, but I loved it. Still to this day when I don't feel good, I wrap myself up and It makes me better. I think it has magic powers Posted Image

Where was your first kiss? Posted Image

• Like 3

Where was your first kiss? Posted Image

KC, I love the story of the robe. You had to be difficult with your question when I found the list huh. Sigh.

My first real kiss was in the car. I'd gone out with someone who had been trying to get my attention for months. Lets just say I had issues to begin with so he had to work long and hard to get me to go out. Well one night my ride was a no show and he turned up. It was cold and we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee on the way. I sat drinking my coffee and eating a doughnut. I know really romantic. :lol: Well the Boston Cream squirted and I got some on lower lip. He leaned over and ran his finger over my lip to clean it up. Then went to kiss me. Well, I'm not an immediately perfect kisser. We sort of bumped noses, he leaned to kiss me again, and I began to laugh. It isn't what you call perfect but it was my first kiss.

What is the one gift you got that you cherish and why?

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

First time I kissed my hubby Comic, I had a bunch of hair in my mouth. Does anyone get those first kisses right? Darn movies! lol

What is the one gift you got that you cherish and why?

Hmm... well I have this thing about textures (a tad hedonistic) and I love blankets. I don't have anything leftover from when I was a kid and my husband's aunt and grandma made my children these lovely homemade sewn and embroidered baby quilts when they were infants. They have the cutest designs (old-fashioned cats and dogs) and the backs were super soft. I had them use them (carefully) as babies and well... just love them. So, last year my hubby asked his aunt to make me a quilt. The gift was from him sort of through her. She made me this HUGE king size green quilt with all these different patterns and the back is this cuddly flannel. I wrap up in it whenever I need to feel comforted because it's heavy and warm and special and I keep it on the bed to sleep with every night.

What was the last date you went on and how did it go?

• Like 2

What was the last date you went on and how did it go?

Jeez, I can't remember all of the evening, but last Friday night was the annual adults only Christmas party that my friends and us get together every year. This year there was 15 of us at this really cool place on the Potomac River. We ate too much and drank even more. ;)

What's the story behind the worst scar you have?

I've been blessed where I haven't had many marks on my body. However, that doesn't mean I have none. If you look at my left thumb it is clear to see the scarring and marks left on my hand. Odd little story. I thought it was a wart I had on my hand at first but then I had second growth form lower on the finger. However the growths weren't warts. In fact it got to the point where I had two large growths on my finger and they were hard to ignore. If you want to feel stupid go in for surgery on you hand. They had to remove a section of my thumb near the top and then there is the white scar from the second growth near the bottom of the finger. Funny thing is the doctor never did tell me what the growth was just that it wasn't cancerous and that they weren't warts. However I have two clear marks from the cuts and stitches used on my hand. Joy.

What is the one thing you are most proud of accomplishing?

What is the one thing you are most proud of accomplishing?

Ummm....I'm Canadian, are we allowed to be proud? Hmmm, thats not easy for me to answer. I'm not really proud of anything I've done educationally. I haven't made a family of my own or anything. Currently kinda unemployed. I'd have to say everyday I get up before noon is huge for me! :P

Well I guess I could say I absoluetly hate public speaking, but on rare occasions when I'm forced to, like being the MC of my best friends wedding or speaking at his dad's funeral the other week and people compliment me afterwards it feels good.

...but no seriously, waking up at all, definitely :D

Ok, lets see.... What would you say is your sexiest body part and why? (and if someone says brains or some crap like that, I swear.... :P )

• Like 2

I would have to say my sexiest bodypart are my (dishwash) green eyes. They are dangerous, and I'm not kidding! After brain *ducks fast* I find eyes and the way people use them really interesting. I don't mean just looking at things, I mean the silent messaging that can only be done with your eyes.

How did you imagine your life to be now when you thought about it ten years ago?

• Like 3

How did you imagine your life to be now when you thought about it ten years ago?

I think my life went pretty much the way I thought it would. I always knew I'd go to college after high school. I guess at the time I thought I'd go into acting or law rather than art, but I still like all three.. so not really that much has changed Posted Image . The main difference is with friends- I lost some ones I was sure I'd keep forever, and I've made some unexpected new ones in their place.

What is your favorite part of the day?

What is your favorite part of the day?

Mine would be driving to work in the early morning. I have about 35 min commute and it gives me time to think about things, I'll ponder the next move of my characters in my stories or plan out what I have to do after work. It's early so their isn't much traffic. Some times I just turn the radio up and sing real loud!

What is something that you do that everyone else thinks is weird?

• Like 1

What is something that you do that everyone else thinks is weird?

When I drive, I have to have the window open at least an inch no matter what the weather. I don't have any problem if I'm the passenger, but the minute I'm behind the wheel I'm opening that window.

If there was one thing about yourself you could change, what would it be?

• Site Administrator

If there was one thing about yourself you could change, what would it be?

My inability to shut up. Seriously, I try to be a good listener but I just yammer on a lot of the time. It's something I'm always trying to change about myself but tend to fail on.

What was your favorite song as a teenager?

Too many to list, I have no single favorite and listen to a variety of genres.

But off the top of my head, I'll say "Follow Through" by Gavin DeGraw, I love(d) that song.

What's something you've never told anyone? Up til now

• Like 2

Take on me by A-ha! I LOVED that song and still do :D

If you had a free-pass to have sex with any person in the world, no strings attached and your spouse/sig other was ok with it...who would it be?

Seems like you both answered the same question at the same time so I will answer both of yours

Too many to list, I have no single favorite and listen to a variety of genres.

But off the top of my head, I'll say "Follow Through" by Gavin DeGraw, I love(d) that song.

It's pretty hard to find something that I have never told ANYONE, because I am very open and have a big mouth. Hmm.... Oh right..... I used to have the biggest crush on a girl I was working with. Looking back and remembering some of the comments from colleagues, I think it was faily obvious, although I never actually told anyone.

Oh, and when I was married to my first husband I totally fell in love with another man. Nothing ever happened but all it would have taken would have been one word and I would have been naked in the back of his orange car in a moment Posted Image

Take on me by A-ha! I LOVED that song and still do Posted Image

If you had a free-pass to have sex with any person in the world, no strings attached and your spouse/sig other was ok with it...who would it be?

Easy. Johnny Depp. I am TOTALLY in love with him

However, if I was 25 years younger it would be the guy in my avatar Posted Image

MY QUESTION.

If we were in a relationship and I was breaking up with you what's the worst possible thing I could do to hurt you. (other than physical violence)

:o YB so sorry- I didn't mean to bump you off so I'll answer yours too!

There isn't anything that I haven't told my hubby or my twin brother. They know everything about me, which can be rather scary :P Sooooo, what about something I haven't told my GA friends? Hmmmm, gotta think....might have to come back to this one :(

MY QUESTION.

If we were in a relationship and I was breaking up with you what's the worst possible thing I could do to hurt you. (other than physical violence)

:pissed: well since your already breaking my heart by breaking up with me the worst thing would be to find out that you had been cheating on me. I hate to hear that someone is running around behind their lover's back...and when everyone knows but me Posted Image

Have you ever been in trouble with the law and if so what for?

I have been in trouble with the law. I was arrested and charged with possession of a narcotic when I was 16. No felonies though, so I'm lucky. ^__^

What's the biggest lie you ever told?

Edited by Arpeggio

My biggest lie was for my own benefit, when you go through something you don't want everyone to know you lie to hide the facts. The bruises are from falls, the scrapes from trying to get up. Did people believe me? Actually cause it was only once yes.

Where was the strangest place you have ever been taken on a date?

If you could physically change one part of your body to your complete liking what would it be?

The only thing I've ever wanted to change is my height. I would want to be taller. 5 foot 5 is okay but 6 feet would be nicer, but since I can't I guess I'm stuck being fun-sized.

What's the worst nickname you've had?

What's the worst nickname you've had?

As an infant my family was more than proud to show off their first born. Everyone who held me said I was such a sweet kid, until it came time for my father to hold me. The second he did I've been told I seemed to immediately need a diaper change. His nickname for me was "Stinky". My mother, bless her, refused to have a kid nicknamed that, so I became "Charlie Brown".

Since the last time I did this I was skipped over and someone else answered the same question I did, I will re-ask my question. :lol:

I never actually went, but someone asked me out once saying that we could go for a dollar meal date at McDonalds. Strangest date I've actually been on was probably... when my ex boyfriend took me to see a sold out movie and we ended up sitting behind the movie theatre for the whole show and playing tag.

If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

Being the nerd that I am, I'd go to a planet in another galaxy with other forms of life. Either that, or some point in my future , to see how things work out if I stay on the path that I'm on.

What's the biggest secret you've ever kept for a friend?

• Site Administrator

What's the biggest secret you've ever kept for a friend?

This is a secret I keep for and from my best friend in a way, because she doesn't want me to know. She had me watch her toddler when she went and got an abortion. She lied to me and said she had a miscarriage because she was adopted and couldn't face that option or have the baby and keep it. It broke my heart for her but since she really didn't want me to know I have never told her that I do and I never will. I couldn't violate her privacy like that.

Do you have parents that stayed together or are you a part of a single or blended family?