Personal questions...

• Site Administrator

Travelling and writing. :D  I'd love to tour Europe and the UK.  

New Q:  What's your favorite card game?

• Like 2

My life.  While I have done some things I regret, overall I am proud of how I lived my life and grateful for the mentoring, help, friends and good luck including the good health I have enjoyed .  

Same Q:

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm proud of a lot of things.  I have a good career, own my own house, and have amazing friends and family.  I'm also extremely proud of being a Signature Author on GA and love writing. :)

Same Q 

• Like 4

Oh my, there are so many....I guess if I can only pick one, it would have to be a classic:

Charles Dickens:   A Tale of Two Cities.

It is one of his shorter works and for me it was an easy read, and then I read it again when I was older and it I found it to be a more profoundly touching story.   Everyone who reads it can probably quote the opening lines....

" It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…"

Sadly, somehow it is even more relevant in our current political age...

Same Q:

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Good question.  There's so many.  If I had to pick one, I suppose it would be Lord of the Flies.

New Q:  What's the longest job you ever had? 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

My current job is the longest I've worked in one place.  I'm in my 11th year there.  

New Q:  What's the shortest job you've ever had?  

• Site Administrator

Mine was about three days...could have been more.  Less than a week, definitely.  lol  I was a waitress at a Chinese buffet restaurant.  Let's just say I'm not cut out for waitressing. :/ 

Same Q 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Mine was about three days...could have been more.  Less than a week, definitely.  lol  I was a waitress at a Chinese buffet restaurant.  Let's just say I'm not cut out for waitressing. :/ 

Same Q 

Journalist for a Radio they after two weeks working from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. I still had no contract and got nothing payed, so I had to move on.

Same Q.

Edited by Lyssa

Summer job in a metal box factory - like the name says, they stamped out metal boxes. I worked on the production line watching for clogging up. Half the people, if not more, were practically deaf, the noise was horrendous, even with ear plugs. I was 16 years old and valued my hearing over the money. Three days and I left.

Same Q

Edited by William King
  • Like 2

One summer I worked a little over three weeks as a door-to-door salesman trying to sell Watkins Products.  It was a real eye opener as I never had so many doors slammed in my face. I was eighteen at the time and had a few older women invite me in and make a pass at me and none of them were good looking.  I also interrupted a couple having intercourse and the guy answered the door in his briefs and asked if I had some of Watkins Pepper and I sold him a can for full price of one dollar.  The Company is still in business.

https://www.jrwatkins.com/

Same Q:

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Shortest was at a book store. I worked for three weeks. The manager was a twenty two year old, who was about to graduate with her Bachelor Degree.  She hired me to help build the shelves, stock everything, and once it was ready to open, fired me saying I seemed uncomfortable working under a woman. I was 30, it was a job while I started college, and every boss I'd had at that point was a woman, so I have no idea what her problem was. The store opened in October and closed in June. Didn't miss much.

What is your favorite snack?

• Like 1

Depends on what time of day it is.

In the afternoon at work, I like gummy fruit snacks.  I like that I can suck on them for a while.

At night at home, I like cheese and crackers, or a nice vegie plate.  Carrot sticks, celery sticks, red radishes, etc.

Sometimes, a bag of kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips and a beer or cold soda is the ONLY thing that will satisy.

Same question...