What do you want for Christmas?

Tizzz the season of giving giving giving!!! and getting getting getting!!!

My family doesn't have that big of a tradition of wrapping up gifts and opening them on Christmas morning or anything like that. We just get each other stuff as they come in these days, but it's still nice.

I want a puppy!!!

What do you guys want?

Have fun with this, it can be something tangible and possibly receivable this year like a new watch, or something more conceptual like you want your boss to stop being a dick, or something you fantasize.

I want to be sitting on a beach, the hot sun beating down on my pasty-white winter skin, a tropical drink in my left hand and good book in my right add my hubby behind me rubbing my neck and my kid splashing in the water....PERFECT. How can I get that giftwrapped and under the tree?

I like the phallic shape :P

Well, I can be ingenuous and say world peace, but I would rather have an island paradise with only men and the fountain of youth :P

• Site Administrator

I asked for a crockpot, which I know I'm getting. I also asked for a new toaster, some soft jammies and bath salts/oils, stuff like that. I'm a pretty simple lady when it comes to gift wishes.

Intangible... motivation. There are so many things I want to do; if I just had the inclination to find the time and follow through on them.

This is what I want to go cross country skiing in the Sierras, a complete new kit:

Posted Image

Rossignol BC125 XC Skis, Voile 3pin SwitchBack Ski Bindings, Garmont Excursion T4 Ski Boots, and Black Diamond Traverse Ski Poles

Total: $Big.Bucks!

Colin Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Such a mom Posted Image

Guilty as charged!

Last year I got muffin tins and mixing bowls. The year before I received new baking sheets. Year before a bunch of speciality silicone baking pans and muffin things, year before new plateware sets... I like my kitchen stuff! Honestly, cooking, reading, and archery have been my main hobbies for a long time. Recent years added photography again and writing but I still ask and receive a lot of stuff for the kitchen.

My family thinks me nuts for wanting socks. Posted Image What can I say? For years now I've seen them in stores and I have a weakness for really soft, fuzzy fabrics.

At $10 a pair, they're not something I would buy myself when I know that softness goes away so quickly, but come on! I've tried hints and whining, and straight-out demanding, but I think my family still considers it a joke. I think my reluctance over the years to ever provide a "christmas list" has come back to bite me. :P

They're warm and fuzzy and I'm totally obsessed, but you already knew I was nuts! :lol:

What I want for Christmas is for everyone, whether saint or sinner, rich or poor, believer or not, to at least experience some of the inner peace and joy of the season in some random act of kindness from others and to pass it on.

• Like 1

Last year I got muffin tins and mixing bowls. The year before I received new baking sheets. Year before a bunch of speciality silicone baking pans and muffin things, year before new plateware sets... I like my kitchen stuff! Honestly, cooking, reading, and archery have been my main hobbies for a long time. Recent years added photography again and writing but I still ask and receive a lot of stuff for the kitchen.

At first I thought you said "last year I got muffin tops" :D

I like kitchenware too, a lot more than most people would think. When I have my own place again, I wanna get a whole set of kitchen-everything. I've always wanted those sets of like 20 knifes even though I'd have no idea what to use them for. Well, when I get to that point, I'm gonna come to YOU Mrs. Pet for advice on how to mom-ify my kitchen :D (no aprons though)

I want an SLR Digital Camera with 1080p video etc. Mike and I are buying it for each other as our gift to each other.

Beyond that - I really want/need/desire - almost nothing material.

Those cameras are reaally nice, I think my friend has one and I borrowed it one time and went completely camera happy. Take lots of pics of little Q. she ain't gonna be little for long ;)

I dont like material gifts as much as I like plain cash or gift cards. But funny thing is I never use my gift cards for some odd reason.

Well, I did get one thing for myself that is material and really cool, I ordered it more than a month ago and have been waiting for it for 6 months (not sure if a gift to yourself is right for Christmas Posted Image ):

This is not mine, I got the black finish not the grey one.

Posted Image

Asus Transformer Prime 32 GB:

Features

• Ultra-slim and light (.33" thin and 1.29lbs light) with metallic spun finish design
  • 10.1-inch WXGA IPS+ multi-touch display made from durable and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. 178° viewing angle (1280 x 800)
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU for excellent multitasking, 1080p HD video playback and 3D games for SUPERB performance
  • Android 3.2 Honeycomb (Upgradable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich) OS1 with Adobe Flash support2 and over 500,000 downloadable applications on the Android Market
  • 1.2MP front camera and 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash, back-illuminated CMOS sensor, and large aperture design to clearly capture every moment
Operating System
  • AndroidTM 3.2
Display
  • 10.1" LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800)
  • Screen Super IPS+
  • 10 finger multi-touch support
  • Corning® Gorilla® Glass
CPU
  • NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU
Memory
  • 1GB Storage 32GB + 1 year unlimited ASUS WebStorage
Wireless Data Network
  • WLAN 802.11 2.4Ghz
  • Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
Camera
  • 1.2 MP Front Camera
  • 8 MP Rear Camera
  • Auto focus (rear) with flash
  • Large F2.4 aperture. (rear camera)
Audio
  • Stereo Speakers
  • High Quality Mic
Interface
  • Pad:

• 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in)
    • 1 x micro HDMI
    • 1 x Micro SD Card Reader
  • Mobile Dock:

• 1 x USB2.0 port
    • 1 x SD Card Reader
Sensor
  • G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass, GPS
Application
  • ASUS launcher
  • MyLibrary
  • MyNet
  • MyCloud
  • @Vibe Music
  • asus webstorage
  • File manager
  • ASUS sync
  • SuperNote
  • App Locker
  • App Backup
  • TegraZone
Battery
  • 12 hours; 25Wh Li-polymer Battery
  • 18 hours pad with dock; 25Wh(pad) + 22Wh(dock) Li-polymer Battery
Dimensions
  • 263 x 180.8 x 8.3 mm
Weight
  • 586 g

Well, I did get one thing for myself that is material and really cool, I ordered it more than a month ago and have been waiting for it for 6 months (not sure if a gift to yourself is right for Christmas Posted Image ):

This is not mine, I got the black finish not the grey one.

Oh, man, that is so cool! I'm still waiting for the "right" tablet, one that has Ice Cream Sandwich or (like your Transformer) has an upgrade promised. I liked the Sony S because of the wedge design, but it comes with Honeycomb. I know a guy who works for Sony and he told me the word is that it's not going to get Ice Cream Sandwich. On the other hand, the Asus Prime Transformer has better battery life and a much more powerful quad-core processor, so that's the one I'm interested in now.

I gue$$ for now I'm going to wait and stick with my Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and Kindle Fire. I didn't ask for a tablet for Christmas because I really, really, really want new cross country skis, the Rossignol BC125's I asked for a few posts back.

Enjoy your Asus Prime Transformer tablet W_L; rumor is you might get it Real Soon Now, just in time to tell us all about it. I am definitely eager to find out about it.

Colin Posted Image

Actually, I just got it today.

I also just downloaded GTA III to test out the graphics :D It is very cool, but still not even touching the quad core power potential. I hope they can convert Saints Row over to next generation of droid tablets.

FYI, if you are strapped for cash and don't want to spoil yourself like me, I advise buying an Acer A700 in 2012 as they all try to fight for the title of Quad core king with Ipad 2 sitting on the side acting all cool, but everyone knows his days as the king of tablets is about to end, unless his brain trust can come out with the Ipad 3.

I chose the Asus Transformer Prime, because I like the ability to have both a laptop and a tablet. One for work and one for play, makes perfect sense for me on how tablets can be used well.

(I am now a convert to the theory that android tablets will one day take over mankind after the Ipods and Ipads are overthrown by collective groups of android devices, who will fight amongst themselves in a real "droid war" hehe! ).

I'm a college student, I'm always strapped for cash. Posted Image I'm a believer in the same theory. Maybe someday. And some day when my bank account is healthier than today I'll get an Asus Transformer Prime tablet or something like it.

Colin B)

This is what I want to go cross country skiing in the Sierras, a complete new kit:

Posted Image

Rossignol BC125 XC Skis, Voile 3pin SwitchBack Ski Bindings, Garmont Excursion T4 Ski Boots, and Black Diamond Traverse Ski Poles

I still don't believe it, but Doug, Chris, and Steve got together and bought me my XC ski kit, exactly what I wanted! Now all I need is for it to snow at Tahoe Donner so I can put them to good use getting in some cross country skiing.

Colin B)

I got hugs, lots of time with my kids, granddaughter and rest of my family and some close friends. Presents included a new wallet, 2011 World Series memorabilia, books, I-tunes gift card and a family portrait. We had plenty of good food, much laughter and some good drink as well. I am truly blessed and thank God!