Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Infinite Density - 2012 Spring Anthology

When I first read the story, it was blind read. I did not know what the anthology title was. I found it was a CJ classic, although there are no cliffs in Phoenix, all the others features were there. A mystery story like an Agatha Christie story, all the clues were there but you did not realise until you finished the story. Then I looked at the anthology title, and discovered on a second reading, not only was the main theme, the anthology title, but there were other sub themes with the same title idea, and then after discussing it with CJ. There were several more sub sub themes. How many themes reflecting the anthology title can you find. Have a go, I recommend the story, and see how many you can find! Edited by Red_A

When I first read the story, it was blind read. I did not know what the anthology title was. I found it was a CJ classic, although there are no cliffs in Phoenix, all the others features were there. A mystery story like an Agatha Christie story, all the clues were there but you did not realise until you finished the story. Then I looked at the anthology title, and discovered on a second reading, not only was the main theme, the anthology title, but there were other sub themes with the same title idea, and then after discussing it with CJ. There were several more sub sub themes. How many themes reflecting the anthology title can you find. Have a go, I recommend the story, and see how many you can find!

Thanks!!

I wonder if anyone would be surprised to learn that when I set out to write this, I intended i9t to be far simpler, and around 2000 words, not the 12000 it came out as?

Some might accuse me of being verbose by nature... in which case, I can argue back by posting a 37 page explanation as to why, exactly, I am not verbose. Posted Image

A mystery story? Posted Image I thought it was very predictable. But still super cute and fun to read. Nice change from all the cliffhangers, crocodiles and looming decapitations.

The story was first person, so we could only know what Chad knew. So, was it coincidence that

it was Carroll who directed Chad to the discussion group "Matt" happened to be in? The same "Matt" who was trying to find out more about his roomate's past (perhaps by making phone calls topeople who knew him back then?) And then at the end, Jason snatches up the phone to Carroll, quickly explaining that he'd spoken to her once before, while Chad was in class. So, a coincidence?

Posted Image

Posted Image .............Haha! Great story, even though I saw it all coming down, it was a great read. I remember leaving San Diego for a visit to my family in Las Vegas. Even though I I left at 4am it was still warm and just after passing Victorville and entering the lower basin of Barstow I too heard the thunk sound of a belt falling off my trusty Datsun pickup.It was probably 98-100 at that time in the morning.

Perfect nickname for Chad, and although told mostly first person by Chad, I would have liked to have heard about Jason's situtaion from Utah. Jess more then deserved what got handed to him, I shudder to think what would have happened had he not given his GF the heads up. Great story CJ!

Posted Image .............Haha! Great story, even though I saw it all coming down, it was a great read. I remember leaving San Diego for a visit to my family in Las Vegas. Even though I I left at 4am it was still warm and just after passing Victorville and entering the lower basin of Barstow I too heard the thunk sound of a belt falling off my trusty Datsun pickup.It was probably 98-100 at that time in the morning.

Perfect nickname for Chad, and although told mostly first person by Chad, I would have liked to have heard about Jason's situtaion from Utah. Jess more then deserved what got handed to him, I shudder to think what would have happened had he not given his GF the heads up. Great story CJ!

I hope it was a belt for just the AC; I've had them go like that on the alternator belt, and some cars have one belt for both.

Jesse definitely got some poetic justice. :)

Here we go - post #666

Hey CJ,

Don't you think a Spoiler alert on that reply would've been appropriate?!?

Posted Image

I added the spoiler space to my post; good point!!!!

And 666? The number of the beast!!!! And next comes 667, the neighbor of the beast! :)

This one is indeed nowhere near a cliff. Strange. But then, cliffs in one-shots are somehow counterproductive Posted Image

With regards to verbosity I very much prefer 12000 over 2000 words, so spot on.

Thanks!!!

And of course, nowhere near a cliff... I'd never go anywhere near a cliff, or a cliffhanger. Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..