Chapter 11 is up. My beta wanted to give Chad a spanking after reading this chapter. Do you feel the same? Posted Image

Make it right across the face and it's a definite..."yes!" :P

• Like 1

Not a spanking, maybe a flogging :) how could he!!<insert angry face here> So, Chad is being a bit of a douche, I suppose stress is riding him hard, and Mia's demands don't make that easy. How sad for all, I just hate that Tib had to be pushed to the corner, like the unwanted one. How unfair. More soon, i'm like the demanding child, more,more, :)Posted Image

• Like 1

Oh my. I have people lining up to spank Chad, he better watch out!

Next chapter is up, and it marks the end of Part 2. Should I write a Part 3? Let me know!

Oh My God, Cassie,Posted Image you can't do that! No threats to stop. I might get stuck on your profile waiting for an update. Seriously, I'll make you a cyber cupcake so that you continue. Posted Image Posted Image Seriously....Part 3 should be mandatory here. I'll hold the pen for you, and the light, so you can see in the dark...I'm dedicated...:)

• 2 weeks later...

So next chapter is up, the first one of Part 3. Thank you for all the feedback. (lilansui, it sounds like you might be planning to kidnap me...scary). I originally wrote Reach to be two parts, but a friend who was reading it threatened me with bodily harm unless I wrote a third part. Looks like the sentiment hasn't changed. So we are looking at several more chapters before wrapping it up. Enjoy.

Should you keep writing?

Should I keep reading this?? Posted Image

I will say this. If you enjoy the story, then keep reading it. If you don't enjoy the story, then please don't continue. As much as I would hate to lose a reader, I would hate it more if you were reading this and not enjoying it. I'm not going to drag my characters through misery forever and I believe in happy endings, but I also want the characters to work for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 14 up. More of Tibial and his adorable girls, more conflicted emotions. Feel free to tell me what you think :)

lilansui: Well, you made references to holding a light for me, which indicated that it would be dark. And offered to hold the pen for me which indicated that I would not have free use of my hands :P It sounded like I would be held against my will and made to write. Maybe that is just what I need, lol.

Daddydavek: Tibial and Chad are still hot hot hot for each other. Even after all that time. (I like that blushing, it's cute ;) )

Chad is just completely unlikeable now. Everything he's done...he's been acting out of his own self-interests, and nothing else. Yuck. I think I'd actually be happier to see him dead than to see him with Tibial...he couldn't have been any more manipulative in this chapter if he tried. -_-

Chad is just completely unlikeable now. Everything he's done...he's been acting out of his own self-interests, and nothing else. Yuck. I think I'd actually be happier to see him dead than to see him with Tibial...he couldn't have been any more manipulative in this chapter if he tried. Posted Image

That is an interesting perspective that I haven't heard before. Can you elaborate on this a bit? :)

Well...

He initially gave in to his feelings for Tibial, only when he couldn't deal with holding them back anymore.

Then he tried to make himself the "villain" when they were arrested, in his attempt to keep Tibial out of harm's way.

He also pushed Tibial away, for the same reason.

Then for yet again the same reason, he abandoned him.

And now suddenly that Tibial's back and that they're conveniently in a more accepting place, he's forcing Tibial to stay put?

Really??? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo...this started out with a very interesting premise, but I think that in the end, Chad was what brought it down. Just the way he'd keep jerking Tibial around and manipulating things to get his way in the end...he's just not someone I can be fond of at all. Sorry Cassie. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

He initially gave in to his feelings for Tibial, only when he couldn't deal with holding them back anymore.

Then he tried to make himself the "villain" when they were arrested, in his attempt to keep Tibial out of harm's way.

He also pushed Tibial away, for the same reason.

Then for yet again the same reason, he abandoned him.

And now suddenly that Tibial's back and that they're conveniently in a more accepting place, he's forcing Tibial to stay put?

Really??? Posted Image

Cynical little thing, aren't you? Everything Chad did was because he loved Tibial. He tried to deny his feelings because he didn't want to endanger Tibial, which was the same reason he tried to make himself the villain at the trial. He knew that Tibial would have a better chance at escaping a possible death sentence if he could convince the council that he was the sole person at fault. And yes, he did keep a distance and eventually left Tibial, again to try to help him. It was stupid, yes, but still done to try to make Tibial happy.

And Tibial came back, sought him out. Chad had left thinking that he would never see Tibial again. Ever. And then when Tibial shows up on his doorstep, he is just supposed to give up the one chance he has to try to win him back? Why wouldn't he take the chance?

I don't see it as being manipulative and jerking Tibial around. I see it as being stupid in love and going for it when life gives you a second chance. I really don't see where you are coming from, and that is okay. People interpret stories differently and that is cool. I just have trouble understanding your viewpoint. I really wish you could have enjoyed Reach more.

Well, Reach is now officially over. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. To everyone who read and reviewed, thank you so much. You are all awesome!! A super special thank you to my beta reader, Nathaniel, and my editor, Johnathan Colourfield. I don't know how they put up with me but they both did an awesome job helping me wrestle this manuscript into a readable story :)

• 5 months later...