[Jwolf] The English Year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Almost a year gone by and no @Jwolf :(  - but at least he's still popping in (9 hours ago according to his profile). So there's hope. :yes: 

Meanwhile I stumbled across this, which immediately made me think of The English Year http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/05/us/pennsylvania-frat-death-charges/index.html  and my original :angry: rant against the heavy drinking. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well, I hope he's just really busy. I emailed him on his birthday with no response. He always writes back --- not immediately, but within a reasonable amount of time. I also PMd him a few weeks ago when I noticed he had been on here, but didn't receive a PM back. :( Maybe it's me...

• Sad 2
  • 10 months later...
On 11/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Jimze said:

Any news? I'm still waiting 😂😅

Well, he was here at GA on November 11th, so I guess we'll have to hope for the best.

@Jwolf  how about popping in here and say hello - even if you have no news about the story.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey people who are still interested in the journey of this chapter! I recently set things up so I can go back to writing and posting updates on this story. I really hope to continue posting regularly. Thanks so much for ALL of the support!

I was also hoping I could reconnect with a new editor and beta reader. It looks like the folks on my old team have gone grey, so if you have interest in helping me out (and getting the chapters a few days before they post!) let me know!

Happy new year!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to drop an update here in the discussion. I’m wrapping up the next chapter and hopefully sending off for editing and beta-reading in the next few days. 

I’ve found in picking this up after so many years how challenging the process Of finding one’s voice again is. When I was writing almost daily, these characters, their  mannerisms and speech cadences came naturally to me. I could rail through prose and conversation without thinking. 

that hasn’t been the case recently. I’ve found myself having to reread and rewrite large sections of my work. At times getting ‘into it’ has be laborious. I know that the ease and confidence in writing will come back (and hopefully I’ll be able to compartmentalize writing this story and writing corporate work projects), but I just say it’s taken me longer than I anticipated to find that groove again. 

I appreciate everyone’s patience and support. I don’t anticipate going this long between chapters in the future, but then again who knows what the future brings. Thanks again and I look forward to getting the next chapter out soon :-)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a head's up that the next chapter is out and available. I cut a supersized chapter down, and I should hopefully have Tear Night pt 2 out soon-ish. Hope you all enjoy and looking forward to hearing your reactions!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

jacob-elordi-imdb.jpg

Jacob Elordi as David Marcosi? He's 6'4" so he's got the height down. (God, I feel old as shit knowing that this dude was born in 1997.)

I kind of keep picturing Shawn Mendes as Lee.

120119-shawn-mendes-main.jpg?quality=80&

I LOVE this choice for David. What a looker. I just realized we have a lot of dark haired/dark featured guys. 

Did you have young Franco as your choice for Lee at first? I liked that idea a lot, but I do love me some Shawn Mendez. 

Has anyone placed a pic of what they think Dom looks like?

No, Young Dave Franco was my pick for Hutch. 

My alternative Lee pick is Ross Lynch when he's got dark hair. (Which I always kind of assumed was his real hair color but he started bleaching it for Disney.)

Has anyone placed a pic of what they think Dom looks like?

Lucas Hedges for Dom? I keep picturing him pale with reddish hair and kind of a gawky look.

Lucas_Hedges_2018_Aw.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm now obsessed with Ross Lynch.. but I like the first guy you suggested better I think. 

Spot on on Dom... funny thing is, he wasn't overly russian, just from that part of new york. Very white bread kind of guy, but obviously good looking and charming if not a bit dorky. Without Corbin in his way, he might have had a very successful presidency. Good selection!

11 hours ago, Jwolf said:

I'm now obsessed with Ross Lynch.. but I like the first guy you suggested better I think. 

Spot on on Dom... funny thing is, he wasn't overly russian, just from that part of new york. Very white bread kind of guy, but obviously good looking and charming if not a bit dorky. Without Corbin in his way, he might have had a very successful presidency. Good selection!

Yeah, Lucas Hedges pretty much fits that "white bread good-looking but dorky" kind of breed pretty well.

Ross Lynch has that something about him that I find pretty hot.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...