Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+39) Gobsmacked

Good to see Shane reconnecting with family and friends. Argo Case -- Nut Case? While I know the book will need to come to a conclusion sometime, there are still a bunch of loose ends to weave in to the fabric. Don't want the story to unravel. And that I sure hope you go on to write write write.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Wow, I will admit that I was a sissy during this rollarcoaster ride of a chapter. You had me laughing and crying throughout. The visit to the grave and the visit to the accident brought back some strong emotions within and I'm not ashamed to admit that you had me balling, but in a good way Posted Image

I'm glad that the guys stopped on Carlisle Island. It seems to be a popular place to visit Posted Image

As far as what to come, I have to say 100% that this is a major cliffhanger Posted Image With Atlantis' locks not working properly it makes me believe Gray has already been on board and loaded the dynamite in Atlantis. Now with Ares/Kookaburra tied abeam to Atlantis, Gray can sink both boats with one bang. The only possibility of this not happening is Bridget's express directions to do it in deep water. I don't think the marina fits that category.

Thanks for the chapter CJ Posted Image

I'm still conflicted about if I should be mad at you or not about the comment of all Steve's being evil. I am now plotting with Shadowgod on how to ensure you are the first 3 consecutive winner of the King of Evil Cliffhanger Award Posted Image

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with tears on his cheeks whilst reading. I thought the family reunion a little bitter-sweet - yes, it's great that Shane's got some of his family back but his mum's never going to be part of it. Still, he once again has a place to call "home" where he can go and be accepted.

The sticky locks are surely indicative of something bad. Obviously it can't be a cliffhanger since we're talking CJ here but I am, nonetheless, nervous. The bad timing on the destroyer pass shows that the bad guys are getting a little smarter - there must be some kind of tracker which only broadcasts its position every several hours.

Greg's presence is comforting - though it does up the stakes a bit.

• Like 1

Good to see Shane reconnecting with family and friends. Argo Case -- Nut Case?

Is that Agro Case, as in agravated? is that Shane's Aussie nickname?

As far as what to come, I have to say 100% that this is a major cliffhanger Posted Image With Atlantis' locks not working properly it makes me believe Gray has already been on board and loaded the dynamite in Atlantis. Now with Ares/Kookaburra tied abeam to Atlantis, Gray can sink both boats with one bang. The only possibility of this not happening is Bridget's express directions to do it in deep water. I don't think the marina fits that category.

The sticky locks are surely indicative of something bad. Obviously it can't be a cliffhanger since we're talking CJ here but I am, nonetheless, nervous. The bad timing on the destroyer pass shows that the bad guys are getting a little smarter - there must be some kind of tracker which only broadcasts its position every several hours.

The sticky locks (I thought it was a hatch or cover of some sort) must mean something. When would Gray's man get on board and plant explosives? Which boat are explosives on?

Good point on the intermittent tracker broadcast.

• Like 1

I loved the curve of this chapter. the level tracking, small build up to Brisbane, slow decsent and rise again as they move onto Cairns, the hightpoint of the reunion and crash-site visit, but then, mate, you stop, we are left over the brow of the hill evil bastard sighting the other yacht - what happens next?????

letting us into this blissful world full of interest, sparkle and wit and then just as we become deeply enmeshed you shut the door, smile and say "NEXT TIME, Ha! Ha!."

this is a level of bastardry, of toying with us. please write more!!!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

One of the first things I told CJ when I sent this chapter back to him was the emotional roller coaster he put us on.

My take on the tracking device was that it was hooked up to wiring of the AIS, so when it was shut off, it turned the tracker off.

• Like 1

I can't believe that with all of the excellent observations form the postings that preceded me, that no one has thought to speculate on Shane's Aussie nickname? Or did I miss it?

I myself can't even begin to imagine what it might be...how about some speculation from those that have close familiarity with the ways of "Down-Under"?

Will the goat share the nickname? The holdout of the nickname is a coffee in it's own right? LOL

Thanks CJ for for letting us see Shane get some more light back into his life!

Wait 'til they are alone on the high seas. You'll find out then; I'll bet.

Joe.

• Like 1

My take on the tracking device was that it was hooked up to wiring of the AIS, so when it was shut off, it turned the tracker off.

I don't see how they would have had time to wire it in without drawing attention to themselves. We were led to believe (by the goat, I'll freely admit) that this whole operation was performed from underwater. Mind you, on that basis, I don't see how any device could have been attached that could broadcast - unless it's possible to use the whole boat's wiring as an aerial via one of those anode thingies...
  • Like 1

Great Chapter CJ!!! Posted Image

It was good to get more background on Shane and him to get some closure on his mother's death. Most family situations can be most difficult and family member's can be real stubborn about things. It was also good to meet his friends. I have a feeling we will be see more of them in these upcoming last few chapters.

Both ships in the same port..... what does this goat have cooking??

Edward

• Like 1

I must say another great chapter. Love to next the next to see what is going to happen to Briget and her motly followers. Take care till next time. Jim

Thanks! Bridget... well, she's a tough one, and Trevor literally doesn't know what he's up against, yet. :)

Posted Image ..................Great chapter goat! Okay, there were several hints.......... one Trevor's apparently unattended cat, two the locks needing lubricant, and three had the checked tracking test had gone a half hour earlier, Trevor would not been happy. It makes me wonder if they (Grey) can shut off the tracker at will, and was he tipped off of the test? Hmm, (Grundig?) That nosy reporter may force Trevor's departure faster then planned. Grey has all his ducks in a row, however Fowler is present and Trevor is soon to be armed, Grey can only get those explosives on board while out at sea, I remember Trevor being either lucky or a good shot. A bullet can do some major damage to a boat laden with explosives and gasoline. Again a great chapter!

Well, we want Trevor to be happy, don't we? So, it's for the best the check was not done a half hour earlier, as that would have made him unhappy. We don't know why though... maybe he and Shane were in bed, and it would have been an interruption?

The locks are nothing to worry about... if Trevor does what he says and uses some graphite powder, they'll work like new again.

I can't believe that with all of the excellent observations form the postings that preceded me, that no one has thought to speculate on Shane's Aussie nickname? Or did I miss it?

I myself can't even begin to imagine what it might be...how about some speculation from those that have close familiarity with the ways of "Down-Under"?

Will the goat share the nickname? The holdout of the nickname is a coffee in it's own right? LOL

Thanks CJ for for letting us see Shane get some more light back into his life!

We do learn Shane's nickname, but not just yet. :)

That's "Cliffie", not "coffee"... Dear God, Sometimes I hate the auto-correction feature...yes I know...I can shut it off.

I'm very happy with calling it a coffee. That makes more sense than cliffie, because, as we all know, I'd never ever use a cliff, cliffie, or a cliffhanger. Posted Image

Here's our take...

We just love CJ's artistic, original, emotional and poignant writing... Defining time as the 'imperfect salve for the wounds of the soul' how true is that, I mean I could never come up with that verse in a million years. The gobsmacking walk we all got to take with Shane and Trevor up to Aunt Marilyn's house, it was like we the readers were there too, walking with the boys, anticipating the unknown surprise that awaited us all. It certainly sent a chill up my spine. The silent emotional bond that is developing between Trevor and Shane referred to at the cemetary and places beyond, this took a huge leap in this chapter. Getting to know Shane's former mates and feeling the happiness that friends bring. I don't know about you but to us there is much more here than just the words on paper, over the years these characters are part of our life, their joy is our joy, their pain is our pain. I trust CJ knows this and will never hold us hostage again!!. Knowing this writer, a feel good chapter like this may only portent a violent future, lets hope it's for you know who!!!...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012, the date of the eclipse in Cairns...I wonder, will the last chapter be out the day before? Then, sniff, we will only have our thoughts and the promise that Trevor made to Shane, to share the eclipse as Shane's mom would have wanted...

Maybe Shane's nickname should be CAAB for 'cruel and abusive bastard'...his favorite retort to any request from Trevor.

So, all in all, we LOVED this chapter, CJ you have your MOJO back!! Not that we could tell it was ever gone though... Thanks againPosted Image

Thanks!!!!

The eclipse... it's quite real; there is one in Cairns in November this year. But, that's long after the end of this story, which ends in August, 2007, so we won't get to see it.

And heh, Trevor has it right; Shane's most usual name for him is indeed "Cruel and abusive bastard!"

And a feel-good chapter portending trouble? But... what could possibly go wrong? What trouble could their be? Posted Image

Good to see Shane reconnecting with family and friends. Argo Case -- Nut Case? While I know the book will need to come to a conclusion sometime, there are still a bunch of loose ends to weave in to the fabric. Don't want the story to unravel. And that I sure hope you go on to write write write.

I think the story ending brings all the threads together. I'm hoping I don't leave any loose ends. :)

Wow, I will admit that I was a sissy during this rollarcoaster ride of a chapter. You had me laughing and crying throughout. The visit to the grave and the visit to the accident brought back some strong emotions within and I'm not ashamed to admit that you had me balling, but in a good way Posted Image

I'm glad that the guys stopped on Carlisle Island. It seems to be a popular place to visit Posted Image

Thanks for the chapter CJ Posted Image

I'm still conflicted about if I should be mad at you or not about the comment of all Steve's being evil. I am now plotting with Shadowgod on how to ensure you are the first 3 consecutive winner of the King of Evil Cliffhanger Award Posted Image

Carlisle Island appeared in LTMP, good eye!

So too did Suncorp Stadioum in Brisbane.

And huh, cliffhanger? It's not a cliffhanger! A little graphite and the locks will be just fine. And I'm not eligible for that award this year, due to having been framed for two years in a row. :P

And now about the all Steves are evil comment... I'm being slandered!! It was very clearly Bluey, not me, who said that, so I cannot be blamed. :P

• Like 1

Another Great Chapter, Things Are Sure Heating Up So Many Things Can Go Right Or ( Wrong ) At The Moment., Looking Forward To The Next Chapter. One Small Thing I Noticed Danger Point Should Be Point Danger.

I'll fix that, thank you! BTW, I also added you to the credits for this chapter. Thanks!!!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with tears on his cheeks whilst reading. I thought the family reunion a little bitter-sweet - yes, it's great that Shane's got some of his family back but his mum's never going to be part of it. Still, he once again has a place to call "home" where he can go and be accepted.

Greg's presence is comforting - though it does up the stakes a bit.

Shane definitely had closure in Cairns for some old issues.

We don't know that there's anything truly bad on Atlantis... though, how was Gray able to climb up and watch her come in; it's as if he knew her exact time of arrival in advance.

And, of course, nothing to worry about. :)

Is that Agro Case, as in agravated? is that Shane's Aussie nickname?

The sticky locks (I thought it was a hatch or cover of some sort) must mean something. When would Gray's man get on board and plant explosives? Which boat are explosives on?

Good point on the intermittent tracker broadcast.

If Trevor just uses the graphite like he says, the locks will be fine, no worries. :)

I loved the curve of this chapter. the level tracking, small build up to Brisbane, slow decsent and rise again as they move onto Cairns, the hightpoint of the reunion and crash-site visit, but then, mate, you stop, we are left over the brow of the hill evil bastard sighting the other yacht - what happens next?????

letting us into this blissful world full of interest, sparkle and wit and then just as we become deeply enmeshed you shut the door, smile and say "NEXT TIME, Ha! Ha!."

this is a level of bastardry, of toying with us. please write more!!!

Thanks!

Chapters have to end somewhere. :) Unfortunatly, I'm a slow typist.

At least it was a happy ending, everyone smiling, even Gray, who rarely smiles.

One of the first things I told CJ when I sent this chapter back to him was the emotional roller coaster he put us on.

I'll admit to having tears in my eyes when I wrote the cemitary scene, and then laughing aloud when the log yawned. :)

Wait 'til they are alone on the high seas. You'll find out then; I'll bet.

Joe.

You got it right. :)

Great Chapter CJ!!! Posted Image

It was good to get more background on Shane and him to get some closure on his mother's death. Most family situations can be most difficult and family member's can be real stubborn about things. It was also good to meet his friends. I have a feeling we will be see more of them in these upcoming last few chapters.

Both ships in the same port..... what does this goat have cooking??

Edward

I had to be careful in the narration when the boats parted back off Geraldton; because they would meet again. It was this suprise that Trevor twigged to when he said he didn't think Kline or Fowler were telling him everything. He didn't know what, just that they were up to something. :)

I have Loved your stories from the first one I read years ago, please don't give up on us!!!!!

Thanks!

I'm not giving up. :)

Okay, time to announce the coming chapter title: Sweet Sorrow.

• Like 1
Guest ralphie

I'm just realising, as the book is about to end.... I'll be halving to say goodby to my friends.... Damn! Now that makes me sad. I love this book.

I loved the travelogue of Australia and I especially loved Shane's reunion with his friends and family. I can't help but feel this is a lull before the storm, though...almost a cliffhanger except I know you don't use those!

Gray should be ecstatic...he's got both targets right in front of him...

I don't know how anyone could be so calm within spitting distance of a salty though...

Edited by Clydee
  • Like 1

Now i have caught up with the last three chapters as i have been away and then working, what great chapters, i'm still confused as ever as what is going to happen though. Although i did suspect Rachel to turn up due to Shane and Trev leaving Austraila from Cairns.

• Like 1

Another great chapter! I love reading about Shane and Trevor, and anytime Bridget isn't around is perfect for me.

But there's still that tracking device and Gray and Bridget hanging in the background. They have to get theirs at some point - I'm only hoping to see the day she is gone!

• Like 1

Wow! Believe it or not there are still a few places in the Colorado mountains that don't have internet access. Couldn't wait till I got back to civilization to get my Circumnavigation fix. (But it's still great in the mountains, nonetheless.) Didn't get to read Gobsmacked till Friday!! But I loved the expanded chapter. It's going to be really interesting to see how all the loose ends get tied up with just a few chapters to go. I'm really worried though about Gray locating the guys and watching their every move, not to mention his surprise uderneath Atlantis. And if that weren't enough, now the whole family is coming together, along with Kookaburra, to boot! You can still keep us wondering, worrying, and on the edge of our seats, CJ! Way to go!

• Like 1

I'm just realising, as the book is about to end.... I'll be halving to say goodby to my friends.... Damn! Now that makes me sad. I love this book.

Me too; they've been a huge part of my life for two years now. :)

I loved the travelogue of Australia and I especially loved Shane's reunion with his friends and family. I can't help but feel this is a lull before the storm, though...almost a cliffhanger except I know you don't use those!

Gray should be ecstatic...he's got both targets right in front of him...

I don't know how anyone could be so calm within spitting distance of a salty though...

You're absolutely right; no cliffhangers here! :)

Gray was smiling... but maybe he was just reacting sentimentally to the joy he was seeing? Posted Image

They weren't all that close, plus the croc was basking. Trevor wouldn't think anything of being twenty feet from a basking alligator, and I've been far closer to a basking fifteen footer in the Everglades. Plus, it's either crocs or tourists, so they chose the crocs. :)

Now i have caught up with the last three chapters as i have been away and then working, what great chapters, i'm still confused as ever as what is going to happen though. Although i did suspect Rachel to turn up due to Shane and Trev leaving Austraila from Cairns.

They have some interesting times ahead. :)

Another great chapter! I love reading about Shane and Trevor, and anytime Bridget isn't around is perfect for me.

But there's still that tracking device and Gray and Bridget hanging in the background. They have to get theirs at some point - I'm only hoping to see the day she is gone!

She's adept at pulling strings and commanding from afar. :)

Wow! Believe it or not there are still a few places in the Colorado mountains that don't have internet access. Couldn't wait till I got back to civilization to get my Circumnavigation fix. (But it's still great in the mountains, nonetheless.) Didn't get to read Gobsmacked till Friday!! But I loved the expanded chapter. It's going to be really interesting to see how all the loose ends get tied up with just a few chapters to go. I'm really worried though about Gray locating the guys and watching their every move, not to mention his surprise uderneath Atlantis. And if that weren't enough, now the whole family is coming together, along with Kookaburra, to boot! You can still keep us wondering, worrying, and on the edge of our seats, CJ! Way to go!

Thanks!!! I think the next chapter (posting in a couple of minutes) should explain much.

CJ :)

Now we just need the next chapter to get over that cliffie...

��

Cliffie? What cliffie? I never, ever use those!! Posted Image

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

It was a great chaapter and it's a wonderful tale. I'm so glad I discovered it and your writing.

I've often thought of emailing our illustrious author CJames, but he's hidden his bloody email address so well, I've given up.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

You can try cjames@gayauthors.org, but I don't know if that's still active. If it's not, you can PM or email me the message (graeme@gayauthors.org) and I'll forward it on to him. Sorry, I won't distribute his private email address without his explicit permission :)

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..