Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+44) Prelude to Betrayal

Prelude to Betrayal Will go live on Nov 26th. I had to put the thread here ready. (it might take up to a minute after this post to appear).

Please let me know what you think be it good, bad, or mixed.

Also please note; the google map linked at the chapter top is interactive, so you can zoom it around to look at various spots or different areas. if you like,

I've been working extra hard to get chapters banked in preparation for my trip (plus do all the stuff I need to do to get ready for the trip). The good news is that, worst case , we'll shift to every-other-week postings until Christmas. (However, if I can find internet access a few times while away, chapters will appear sooner). We'll then go back to weekly for the final three chapters, which should post Dec 24th, Dec 31st, Dec 38th, and Dec 45th, with the epilogue posting with the final chapter on the 45th.

And yes, I'll be writing while away. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

So for waiting patiently, I have made the chapter visible...in a moment or two. Then I'm off to read and see what cliffhangers I will be accused of :o

Enjoy!!

• Site Administrator

Yay!!!!!

First off thanks CJ for the chapter, a bit longer than usual, but well worth the wait :)

If you haven't read the chapter, don't read the spoiler below:

The boys are finally going to see Julie in Fiji, I think :D Benji and I have long been wondering when she would reappear and now I think she will :D I don't think it will be the warm friendly reunion though if all the time Julie was 'helping' by being a captain of Atlantis, she really was keeping an eye on Trevor and his search for Ares and reporting back to Bridget :(

Also, does anyone find the surprise Honeymoon vacation to Joel's Grandfather a bit unusual :unsure: I'm thinking that Bridget has arranged for Joel and Lisa to stay on Bridget's island where she can finally finish them off, and possible Trevor and Shane too if they come to pick them up :(

Too many cliffhangers!!!!

• Like 1

Posted Image ...................... Well, well, well it appears that the doll will play a roll after-all;

“Ah, about Ned. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but the police down in Perth are on the track of that doll he found on Kookaburra and sold. The bad news is that it was sold again, about a year ago, at an auction. It was a cash sale, so no record of the buyer.

I'm betting it will play a roll with the tape being discovered inside it by the Aussie's, hopefully Trev and Shane will not mention it to know else but Greg.

“I was told to speak to you alone. The long and the short of it is, the police have had some more success in rolling up the operation that tried to bomb you. They’ve got the one who planted the bomb, though he was killed after taking a few shots at officers. The diver may have been shot dead, but Grundig seems to allude that it was the 'person responsible for the attack'. His glazed eyes betray him

Okay, that is a is likely a lie, but Grundig now has the resources, and with Greg kept at bay from making calls and getting Trevor's satellite number he has control of the situation. I have no doubt Gray will be killed by operatives because he is now known to the police. But also to his failure of blowing up the Kookaburra... if Grundig is involved!

Steve I think you hit it on the nose about Grundig being involved with the underworld, I also think the doll will play an important role in this.

I also believe Julie will reappear in this saga, if she is friend or foe is up in the air, if she decides that Bridget is facing a downfall she may abandon ship with her, if not more worries for Trevor.

Okay, Grundig does seem to be taking control here and taking the situation under his control. This maybe significant if the boys reveal the are headed to Fiji and he has gained their trust and has not elevated there further fears.He has further gained their confidence by basically leading them to the tracking device.

I think that Steve was right, as well as myself in portraying Gundrig, Julie and the doll into play in this saga!

I have no doubts about Grundig at all - I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever that he's anything other than he claims. I could be wrong - second-guessing the Goat is a fool's game!

I don't expect ever to hear from Grey again. He's vanished off the radar and has no desire to reappear any time soon. I suspect that he's probably quite good at disappearing.

CJ: It's great to have the story moving ahead again. Benji has been doing some deep thinking and posits some plausible clues. Meanwhile, I remain relatively clueless.

The ominous line of "Trevor and Shane----and time is something that they thought they has plenty of" puts a deep rumbling sound in the background like a thunderstorm just over the horizon.

I'm looking forward to their deception plan.

And what about the Trevor eternal junker. Why is that still important? What will Joel discover in the next six weeks as he attempts to repair it?

Don't know if anybody's noticed it, but CJ has given us something that only Pope Gregory XIII did in 1582_messed with the world's calendar. With the addition of December 38th and 45th, CJ has extended 2012 by two weeks. Gregory lopped off 10 days. Maybe our government can use the extra time to avoid the financial cliff. We had no idea of CJ's true powers.

WinStuart

• Site Moderator

Grundig is one of the characters we know little about. With Fowler out of the picture, so to speak since he's supposedly dead along with the others in the destruction of Kookaburra, Grundig now needs to step up and take over.

• Site Administrator

Grundig is one of the characters we know little about. With Fowler out of the picture, so to speak since he's supposedly dead along with the others in the destruction of Kookaburra, Grundig now needs to step up and take over.

Which conveniently falls right into Grundig's evil plans. He has fooled Fowler, the Customs Service, Trevor and Shane, but I don't trust him :P

• Like 2

Another chapter worth weaiting for!!! Just wondering if the "C" in "CJ" really does stand for CLIFFHANGER!!! The above posts throws out some good speculations. "Gray" is a devious individual that may totally disappear. He seems to have made preparations to do so in the future, but the future may be NOW.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Which conveniently falls right into Grundig's evil plans. He has fooled Fowler, the Customs Service, Trevor and Shane, but I don't trust him Posted Image

I think we can trust Grundig. It's the goat we can't trust.

For Gray, it's basically his only choice to disappear, if he can. He knows if he's caught and sent to prison, he won't last long there. Then there's Bridgett to contend with, if she decides to do something. He might last longer on the outside.

Which conveniently falls right into Grundig's evil plans. He has fooled Fowler, the Customs Service, Trevor and Shane, but I don't trust him Posted Image

Posted Image ......................Exactly!! Grundig's entrance at this late in the game came only mean an ominousness foretelling of betrayal. As the title forecasted. Once being the information officer, he is know being thrust into to the eliminate mode of Trevor and Shane. He is very uncomfortable in this mode. But, his telling of Fowler's survival probably led to his downfall and new orders.

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Any thoughts about the out of the blue win of a honeymoon suite at a resort in the Caribbean? And for right around the time of Joel and Lisa's wedding?

Me thinks Bridget is behind that one too, clean up the Joel/Lisa loose end after she has taken care of Trevor and Shane.

Any thoughts about the out of the blue win of a honeymoon suite at a resort in the Caribbean? And for right around the time of Joel and Lisa's wedding?

Me thinks Bridget is behind that one too, clean up the Joel/Lisa loose end after she has taken care of Trevor and Shane.

My thoughts exactly Wild One!

Hey CJ, hope you have a great trip. Travel safely.

I see that the "mysterious garlic crusher" has not been lost at sea.

Maybe the tracking device, the doll, the tape, the gold & the garlic crusher

will assemble themselves into some bizarre transformer, hook up with Gonzales

and stomp out the witch... oh, that's right.... this isn't sci-fi.

Waiting anxiously for the final chapters.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Well that goat sure keeps us guessing! "Prelude to Betrayal"...Who is gonnna betray whom? Is it Julie? Grundig? Fowler? It better not be Shane!! Reminds me of the Dallas episode, what 30 years ago, thought of that when I saw Larry Hagman's obit...

As best I can figure out where Atlanitis is, 1700 miles east of NZ and then 1400 miles north "'about a week' Trevor replied" when asked by Shane how long it will take, puts them near Tahiti, can't remember, is that where Julie is or is she in Figi??

Our poor scuba diver bomber lived through the crocs but not the police bullets. It's really cool how they tracked down the transmitter, I can just feel the tension build as our boys reach their destination. I also agree that the 'travel agency' that awarded Charles' dad the 'honeymoon vacation' certainly could be from BB, the witch! Our heros will really have to put in the travels in order to make the wedding in Florida, not sure how that will go...

Also we can't forget about the bad guys in NZ that BB left behind, my guess is that they will find some interesting stuff when interogating the locals.

Wonderful chapter CJ, thanks again and remember no climbing in the alps, it's the number one cause of mtn goat death!!

• Site Administrator

Something just popped into my head :unsure:

Did CJ ever mention where the tracking device was planted in the story? For some reason I recall it was small and hidden in a box on the front (bow?) or stern of the boat. If that is the case, maybe they are still being tracked by another device and Grundig had them find a second device that he wants them to think is the only one :o

Must look back at chapters to see if I'm remembering correct!

The more I think of it the Betrayal is actually Grundig :(

Posted Image ............. I'm thinking that Grundig has got their confidence and to do so had them locate the tracking device. He has their satellite phone number and can now track it, therefore he effectively has a new tracking device. Grundig already knew there was a tracking device aboard and had used the contacts to confirm it to cover his tracks. He is sweating bullets here, because he doesn't want to be where he is, he didn't mind supplying information but is discomforted by being exposed, maybe caught and being involved in Trevor and Shane's demise. The 'Prelude to Betrayal' may allude to forbearance to another betrayal, but I believe it has already started with Grundig, in setting up the boys with Julie.

I don't understand why so many readers seem to think Grundig is one of the bad guys. I have seen absolutely nothing in the story that indicates that he is. Just because he has information about Atlantis' location and the fact that Kookaburra was not destroyed doesn't mean he is going to use that information to betray anyone.

Any character in the story could betray any other character. Why pick on Grundig?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Why you ask? :P

He is always in the background, yet up front. We don't seem to know anything about him, yet he is a key player. Also the fact that Bridget and Sanchez had infiltrated law enforcement around the world, it is not easy to dismiss his involvement in this as well.

With Gray remaining under the radar for so many years and having operatives in law enforcement, it would not be too out of the realm of possibilities to hazard a guess that Grundig is one of them.

We could be totally wrong, but we could be totally right. With the goat, nobody really knows. I will take my lumps if I'm totally wrong, as it was just a guess. If I'm correct, then something must have tweaked my spidey senses back when we first met Craig Grundig and I first spoke up to the matter.

Lastly, my best friend's name is Craig. So it is fun to assume all Craig's are bad and evil 0:) (no offense the millions of Craigs out there :P )

I'm guessing we will know the final answer by December 45th of this year :D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..