Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+46) Now It's Personal

Merry Christmas Eve!

Now It's Personal is up!

Unlike last year and the very Christmassy "Christmas on the Farm", this year it's not Christmas in the story, though that hasn't stopped me from trying to make it a heartwarming, feel-good chapter. 

I had a wonderful time on my trip, but I'm exhausted, largely due to catching a cold, so it'll take me a few days to catch up on e-mail, PMs, and the forum threads (though I have read them, and thanks!!) 

Merry Christmas!!!

CJ :)

• Like 1

Yes Indeed CJ. Welcome back! I just happened to log in and see recent updates that you just posted  It's Personal. Made my afternoon. Glad they're not headed for Panama now, but I can't put it past the witch to find out...

Reading this on christmas day in australia! Bridget could not possibly get an eviler. I am so much not a believer in capital punishment, but i could honestly make an exception for her; preferably strung out on a beach, naked, to be feasted on by crabs.... slowly!

Another great chapter, CJ, and once again, well worth the wait. In the holiday spirit I tried to find some sympathy for Julie, but it was a tall order. I did a little research (a very little! LOL) and am worried about Trev & Shane's choice of route. Looks like it is indeed a dangerous choice. But what's even more troubling is the witch, seemingly only a few steps behind. Watch your six, guys!! Glad you had a chance to get away, CJ, and hope after a few days to get over your cold and get back up to snuff, that you're back to the grindstone in order to keep feeding the Trevor frenzy. Take care!

As I said at the end of the last chapter I would love to see bridgets face when she saw the video of skippy the kangaroo, I Was not disappointed.Once again so much is going to happen but to Whom ? Looking forward as always to the next chapter

Edited by bigal55
  • Like 1

I hate to think how she might be stepping up for game, taking her gloves off…shivers!

Welcome back CJ, get well soon – great to have you home! ;-)

Guest chrisjones

I enjoyed this chapter and al the best for the new year, cj. (Oh dear, yes, another cj here... as in the anti-christ)

B) .................... Looks like Trevor betrayed Julie in return. Bridget already thinking that Trevor is not going through the canal and instead going around Cape Horn, as she departs for South America. That is the most treacherous seaway in the world, and in winter Trevor must be insane.  Of course Bridget is insane enough to follow him :P It would be fitting if she had the Sea Witch brought through the canal to follow him, after all ...."if you want something done" mentality.  Of course it is personal, with four attempts and zero results, Bridget is going to after Trevor herself, she has five months to plan. I wonder if word gets out about the tape to the cartel, after all Gonzale's did mention that one of the names of the members to Frank and they did relay that info to the authorities. Which Gonzale's does not trust and now is hatching up a plan with Frank,

Here is what I think; (sorry, the spoiler button still won't work for me)  Bridget made some mistakes, going after Trevor to get herself off the hook for her husbands murder. Telling Sanchez that she destroyed the tape, Xavier might know that. Viewing the parcel sent tape alone by herself and destroying it. Torturing Julie to death, Xavier was there to her Julies forced confession that she never viewed the tape, Bridget only knows that Trevor has the tape, but not if Trevor has viewed it, sources close to the investigation leak that a cartel's members name has surfaced have made it to the cartels ears. Now most of the cartels members already don't like Bridget being in their inner circle. With Xavier's statement and the and Bridget's actions, they might conclude that Bridget is the one that let slip names of the member's and is only after Trevor for revenge of her failing to have him killed. After all, five months is a long time for information that a cartel members name has surfaced from reaching the ears of the cartel, since they have many resources available to them. Bridget is forced to flee and becomes even angrier with Trevor with her new found hardship!  LOL!  This is fun, or maybe Gonzales and Frank brainstorm to try and get Bridget out into the open, and claim the info was from Bridget and let be slipped into the authorities. Which in turn reaches the cartels ear.

Great chapter!

You know...I really felt all mistletoe-y and eggnogg-y as I read this chapter....Oh and Feliz Navidad to you CJ....and I felt all Chris Cringle-y as I read of Bridget's response to old Skippy the Bush Kangaroo(one of my favorite Saturday Morning Cartoons in the State's mind you)   I can't believe Trevor is going to attempt the poalr route again...at least this time with a functioning boat and real clothes and more than weiners for fodder.

Great to have you back...enjoying the heck out of this story.

Really?  That *person* has been trying to kill Trev in every way shape form and idea up to and including his head on a platter and NOW it's personal?  I truly am looking forward to seeing her get what she deserves.  However knowing Mr. James penchant for reviving previously thought dead characters I am banking on nothing.

• Like 1
...I felt all Chris Cringle-y as I read of Bridget's response to old Skippy the Bush Kangaroo(one of my favorite Saturday Morning Cartoons in the State's mind you) ...

Me too. Please, someone reassure me that I wasn't the only one who went off and googled it. There are whole episodes on YouTube!

• Site Administrator

So to Mike's earlier question.....

Trevor has betrayed Julie and Bridget, but since they are the bad guys, I don't really care 0:)

Bridget has betrayed Julie, as she warned her, if she had viewed the tape, she would pay. Julie did hold up her end of the bargain yet Bridget did decide to torture her and then kill her.

Lastly, did anyone notice how CJ just ignored Grundig in this chapter and had Trevor calling his Uncle Greg and emailing with him rather than going to Grundig? The past few chapters have been all about phone security and maintaining the illusion that Greg was dead. Now ever so unannounced, Greg is back in the picture running everything and Grundig is not around. I haven't given up hope that Grundig is working with the bad guys :D . Either CJ planned it this way or it was a overlook that has fueled the fire of a conspiracy.

B) ............. I did notice the lack of hearing from Grundig in the last chapter, I also thought it was strange that Trevor went to the the tech for questions of the tracker instead of Grundig. As I predicted Julie was a traitor, Steve may well be on track with Grundig. :lol:

As a side note, I'd love to see this as a book in print and in the stores, but could not imagine it making it into a screenplay, it is too long and anything less then 3 hours of film would not do it justice.

My nephew is in the film industry, as a budding director, he was the first family member that I came out to this year, he didn't even blink. So I'll e-mail him and ask him to read this looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg saga!  LOL! To get his thoughts!

B) ............. I did notice the lack of hearing from Grundig in the last chapter, I also thought it was strange that Trevor went to the the tech for questions of the tracker instead of Grundig. As I predicted Julie was a traitor, Steve may well be on track with Grundig. :lol:

As a side note, I'd love to see this as a book in print and in the stores, but could not imagine it making it into a screenplay, it is too long and anything less then 3 hours of film would not do it justice.

My nephew is in the film industry, as a budding director, he was the first family member that I came out to this year, he didn't even blink. So I'll e-mail him and ask him to read this looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg saga!  LOL! To get his thoughts!

No - ABSOLUTELY not a movie treatment. This is is worthy of a muti-night episode mini series... :-)

No - ABSOLUTELY not a movie treatment. This is is worthy of a muti-night episode mini series... :-)

B) .............Hmmm, never gave that a thought, much better though!  A mini-series would be much better!

Edited by Benji

Hello Forum! Happy New Year!!

When I first saw the title a few days prior to posting I thought alright, Trevor is gonna come up with guns ablazing, never in my mind thought that it was Bridget who was the one getting personal...

It should be fun to see how Trevor is going to go from the Pacific to the Atlantic without going around Cape Horn or the Strait of Magellan, as mentioned these waters are deadly, especially in winter.

I clicked on the google map of Raiatea; how blissful, peaceful, serene, and tranquil.  Oh, our author loves to play with our emotions!

I need some help in figuring out why Trevor was so surprised to note his package was delivered by airmail.  Did he actually think BB would settle for a sea shipment?

Frank certainly seems to live well, could the description of his home portend deception?

Our guess is that BB is heading for the cartel to confirm her place in their world and we think that somehow the cartel will achieve the ultimate vengence upon Bridget...

Awesome chapter!! :thumbup:

We vote for a book, maybe two if one is too long... Like the Twilight series, though not to compare with Ms. Meyer,  CJ is in a league by himself...

The problem with the two-book solution (or a two-film solution) is where to break it. And there would still be an awful lot of story to pack into two episodes. Perhaps we could get Trev to Australia in part one and the rest into part two?

The multi-night mini series might be the best option...

I'm finally getting over the darn cold. :)

B) .................... Looks like Trevor betrayed Julie in return. Bridget already thinking that Trevor is not going through the canal and instead going around Cape Horn, as she departs for South America. That is the most treacherous seaway in the world, and in winter Trevor must be insane.  Of course Bridget is insane enough to follow him :P It would be fitting if she had the Sea Witch brought through the canal to follow him, after all ...."if you want something done" mentality.  Of course it is personal, with four attempts and zero results, Bridget is going to after Trevor herself, she has five months to plan. I wonder if word gets out about the tape to the cartel, after all Gonzale's did mention that one of the names of the members to Frank and they did relay that info to the authorities. Which Gonzale's does not trust and now is hatching up a plan with Frank,

Here is what I think; (sorry, the spoiler button still won't work for me)  Bridget made some mistakes, going after Trevor to get herself off the hook for her husbands murder. Telling Sanchez that she destroyed the tape, Xavier might know that. Viewing the parcel sent tape alone by herself and destroying it. Torturing Julie to death, Xavier was there to her Julies forced confession that she never viewed the tape, Bridget only knows that Trevor has the tape, but not if Trevor has viewed it, sources close to the investigation leak that a cartel's members name has surfaced have made it to the cartels ears. Now most of the cartels members already don't like Bridget being in their inner circle. With Xavier's statement and the and Bridget's actions, they might conclude that Bridget is the one that let slip names of the member's and is only after Trevor for revenge of her failing to have him killed. After all, five months is a long time for information that a cartel members name has surfaced from reaching the ears of the cartel, since they have many resources available to them. Bridget is forced to flee and becomes even angrier with Trevor with her new found hardship!  LOL!  This is fun, or maybe Gonzales and Frank brainstorm to try and get Bridget out into the open, and claim the info was from Bridget and let be slipped into the authorities. Which in turn reaches the cartels ear.

Great chapter!

Benji, you had Julie pegged from almost the start, when she didn't vanish from the story after her sudden relocation to Tahiti. Way to go!!! :worship: :worship:

Here's the real backstory; Julie's departure was arranged to put pressure on Trevor to sell Atlantis, thus removing his ability to search for Ares (which Bridget then thought lost off Bimini). She was going to make his an offer, though not enough to enable him to keep going on searches. Bridget was manipulating, even then. She'd arranged for Julie to take the job in the first place, to keep an eye on Trevor. 

Trevor has now stirred the hornet's nest.  

You know...I really felt all mistletoe-y and eggnogg-y as I read this chapter....Oh and Feliz Navidad to you CJ....and I felt all Chris Cringle-y as I read of Bridget's response to old Skippy the Bush Kangaroo(one of my favorite Saturday Morning Cartoons in the State's mind you)   I can't believe Trevor is going to attempt the poalr route again...at least this time with a functioning boat and real clothes and more than weiners for fodder.

Great to have you back...enjoying the heck out of this story.

Trevor has two choices; the polar (cape horn) route, or Panama. Panama would be quite fatal. :)

Yes, this was a feel-good christmassy chapter... Absolutly no tension or cliffies (unless Wildone added some). There was plenty of red, and some green. :)

Really?  That *person* has been trying to kill Trev in every way shape form and idea up to and including his head on a platter and NOW it's personal?  I truly am looking forward to seeing her get what she deserves.  However knowing Mr. James penchant for reviving previously thought dead characters I am banking on nothing.

Ah, but until now Bridget has not made Trevor or the tape her main focus. Also, until now, it wasn't personal. Now she's both furious and desperate; he'll have her full and undivided attention. What he faced before was nothing in comparison.  

So to Mike's earlier question.....

Trevor has betrayed Julie and Bridget, but since they are the bad guys, I don't really care 0:)

Bridget has betrayed Julie, as she warned her, if she had viewed the tape, she would pay. Julie did hold up her end of the bargain yet Bridget did decide to torture her and then kill her.

Lastly, did anyone notice how CJ just ignored Grundig in this chapter and had Trevor calling his Uncle Greg and emailing with him rather than going to Grundig? The past few chapters have been all about phone security and maintaining the illusion that Greg was dead. Now ever so unannounced, Greg is back in the picture running everything and Grundig is not around. I haven't given up hope that Grundig is working with the bad guys :D . Either CJ planned it this way or it was a overlook that has fueled the fire of a conspiracy.

The facade of Greg and Ares being destroyed lost most of it';s value once Trevor sent the fake tape. Now Bridget is fairly certain he has the real one. She has no further interest in Ares/Kookoburra, and Greg probably suspects that. :) 

Or it's a setup. :)

If he reads it, please let me know what he thinks. :)

One big problem... between each episode of a miniseries, there's usually a cliffhanger, and that would be utterly out of place in Circumnavigation. :)

Hello Forum! Happy New Year!!

When I first saw the title a few days prior to posting I thought alright, Trevor is gonna come up with guns ablazing, never in my mind thought that it was Bridget who was the one getting personal...

It should be fun to see how Trevor is going to go from the Pacific to the Atlantic without going around Cape Horn or the Strait of Magellan, as mentioned these waters are deadly, especially in winter.

I clicked on the google map of Raiatea; how blissful, peaceful, serene, and tranquil.  Oh, our author loves to play with our emotions!

I need some help in figuring out why Trevor was so surprised to note his package was delivered by airmail.  Did he actually think BB would settle for a sea shipment?

Frank certainly seems to live well, could the description of his home portend deception?

Our guess is that BB is heading for the cartel to confirm her place in their world and we think that somehow the cartel will achieve the ultimate vengence upon Bridget...

Awesome chapter!! :thumbup:

We vote for a book, maybe two if one is too long... Like the Twilight series, though not to compare with Ms. Meyer,  CJ is in a league by himself...

In hindsight, having this as two books might have been better. The first one could have ended when Trevor was rescued off Carnarvon. However, the second book would have depended far too much on the first.

Also, I really did think this would be under 25 chapters in total when I started (and by the time I started posting it, ten chapters in, I still thought under 40) and here we are, at nearly 100 chapters and approaching a million words. I'm probably going to need to post a detailed explanation of why I'm not verbose, though that's 37 pages in itself. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

In hindsight, having this as two books might have been better. The first one could have ended when Trevor was rescued off Carnarvon. However, the second book would have depended far too much on the first.

Also, I really did think this would be under 25 chapters in total when I started (and by the time I started posting it, ten chapters in, I still thought under 40) and here we are, at nearly 100 chapters and approaching a million words. I'm probably going to need to post a detailed explanation of why I'm not verbose, though that's 37 pages in itself. :ph34r:

Nearly a 100 chapters and nearly a million word???? you must use the goat unabridged calender for counting too!!

Good news CJ, after checking with the Leader of the Writer Support Team, any chaters posted after midnight tomorrow night are eligle for the 2013 King of Evil Cliffhangers Award. :D (and that is why a cowritten story including me wont post till next year, because we know you will win next years award hands down :P )

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..