Just so you know, any picture you put on here I can find on Google and tell you what it is even if I've never seen it before, and I'm pretty sure most of these people can do the same thing, so I think some have been doing exactly that.

Not that I care really, but it does matter if your expecting everyone to figure it out without "cheating".

I know how that works.  I think those who don't "cheat"...who depend on their memory of history to figure it out...will have more fun.

Oops...never mind.... :P

Oh, but we do mind, Ghostboy.  Do you have another challenge for us?

I guess it is Picasso who is "in the painting" then ^_^ 

Sly wins the points. And points mean prizes :P Yes it's Pablo Picasso painted by fellow Cubist Juan Gris in 1912. His paintings fetch very high prices - just under $30m is the record I believe.

Your turn :)

Anne Bertha Ludwig, the first x-ray by Wilhelm Rontgen and she was his wife.

Funny enough, he died of cancer, but most people do not think it was due to the radiation from the X-rays that he took :o

Try this one:

machiavelli.JPG

Edited by W_L

Oh, are you kidding me? THE IMAGE VIEW THINGY. I DO NOT LIKE IT.

It doesn't let me get a direct link to the image. >_< Nevermind; drag and drop, kids. <3<3<3<3

Bit of advice, though: change the file name if you're uploading to GA, or re-up on a different site (I use TinyPic, as it's fast and easy ;)) to hide the certain giveaway...

'Nyway, the guy does look Italian, and I only know so many Italians. I've kind of cheated though (albeit I think I might have guessed it; I'd wanted to view the image alone for a better view--that's just a thing I do) , so... Why am I even posting?

I don't know! I do not know! D:

Anyway, forgive me... Machiavelli. Spot on--even spelled the man's name right on the first try. :D

You (or MikeL) can kidnap my go, as I'm a dirty, lawless, dishonorable brigand.

Oh, are you kidding me? THE IMAGE VIEW THINGY. I DO NOT LIKE IT.

It doesn't let me get a direct link to the image. >_< Nevermind; drag and drop, kids. <3<3<3<3

Bit of advice, though: change the file name if you're uploading to GA, or re-up on a different site (I use TinyPic, as it's fast and easy ;)) to hide the certain giveaway...

'Nyway, the guy does look Italian, and I only know so many Italians. I've kind of cheated though (albeit I think I might have guessed it; I'd wanted to view the image alone for a better view--that's just a thing I do) , so... Why am I even posting?

I don't know! I do not know! D:

Anyway, forgive me... Machiavelli. Spot on--even spelled the man's name right on the first try. :D

You (or MikeL) can kidnap my go, as I'm a dirty, lawless, dishonorable brigand.

Finn, I actually think you are kind of cute in your apologetic ways :D

Yes, it's Machiavelli's statue in Florence. He was complex man, who saw the realities of life and politics being "means to an end".

Why don't you try Finn?

Don't mind if I do. :P

Concerning Sir Italiano... I wasn't much educated on that topic, at least not in high school. Though, I can agree to an extend that most humans see political power as a tool to pursue their own agenda. Certainly doesn't mean one has to like it, though, and I tend to lean towards leftist idealism. I probably fit in best with libertarianism--protecting individual rights and staying the heck out of the private life. I'm not a real fan of politics though, so have generally avoided it... Strange, considering my online pastimes.

Italians are pretty cool peeps, and my first choice's images were... lacking, to say the least.

So, here's a photo of a bust of a man of a historic state of Europe:

(Hints/jokes).

2zdvfgk.jpg

Yes, I like to enjoy myself. Nonetheless, I'm hoping this is a less renown statue of the man. *shrug*

Also, golly! You flatter me! Thank ye, good citizen of Rome 4.0! :P

Edited by Finn

It's Mr Caesar. Julius to his friends. Maybe even Jools :D

Edit to add - good quality Roman sculpture was exceptionally lifelike so this was recognisably the dude. Seems the subjects - the guys with all the power and money :P - wanted a warts 'n' all image unlike today's airbrushing and photoshopping to flatter the old fat and ugly :D

So who's this?

letters-31010_1568859c.jpg

Edited by Zombie

Aww, Finn, you old Roman :D (Too bad, we're several thousand miles apart, I'd ask you out. :o )

Hmm...Zombie has a hard one...Based on his dress and stern demeanor, I am guessing a famous Briton of the 19th century, but I do not know this particular chap ::P

Since I can't use wiki to search, I must concede on this one.

I'm really bad at this, to be fully honest; just not as worldly and knowledged as I'd like to be... Though I am quite the splendid researcher in shady ways. ;D

WL: Shucks, I'd totally go out with this puppy, too. :P