“Good call, Waters, bringing your boy here.” Jonesie quickly winked at Asher when Michael turned his head, smiling at his new friend.  “Make sure he comes back next week.  I want to get a chance to play with him longer next time.”

Asher could feel the redness creeping up his face.  Jonesie was skirting a fine line between outing both of them or keeping their sexuality on the down low, fortunately, Michael was oblivious to Jonesie’s insinuation as he smiled at Asher and said, “We’ll all get a chance to play with him soon enough.”  Michael had no idea of the implications of his innocent words.

Laughter echoed through the hallway as Jonesie pushed past them.  “Oh Michael, I really hope you’re right.” Raising a dark eyebrow as Michael and Asher stepped through the locker room door, Jonesie called over his shoulder and added, “You two keep it clean in there,” before he disappeared down the hallway.

Oblivious, eh? Had no idea of the implications of his words, huh? Or......did he? ;)

• Like 1

I just wanted to drop in and say that I am really enjoying this story. Michael is a very interesting and multi-layered character, and his friend Jonesie, i found myself wanting to know more about, especially after his lines near the end. You've got me hooked! i can't wait to read more.

• Like 1

Oblivious, eh? Had no idea of the implications of his words, huh? Or......did he? ;)

Hmmmmmm...is Michael really oblivious or does Asher just think he is??  Do you think Michael has an idea?  Ooooh so many questions that i can't answer :P  Thanks for reading MJ.

KC :lol:

I just wanted to drop in and say that I am really enjoying this story. Michael is a very interesting and multi-layered character, and his friend Jonesie, i found myself wanting to know more about, especially after his lines near the end. You've got me hooked! i can't wait to read more.

Thanks Layla, I'm glad that you're liking the story.  I've tried to build a real world with belivable characters.  There are still a few more characters to introduce then the fun will really begin, LOL.  More next Monday :D KC

I am out of likes at the moment.. Holy smoke KC, the little blue one is blushing  :blushing: Yes, we do know what Michael wants ;) Great chapter, I like the short chapters, something to look forward to every Monday

:hug:

:blushing:

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 1

I loved this chapter KC.  It is my favorite at this time in your story.  Michael needs a wake up call and I think he got it when Asher sent him home.  What I am wondering is if Michael saw the guy staring at Ash and that is where his anger came from.  AFter all, Ash did say the guy was checking him out because he saw ASh admiring Michael and knew Ash must be gay. 

Denial of being gay is sometimes, as we all know ,a defense mechanism, especially in public. 

I don't feel that Asher is hurt because of Michael's actions, He wants Michael to think about his reaction and what he said to Asher.  It was so unfair to make that statement after all that Asher has done for Michael.  Will be interesting what this scene in the park leads into.

Just my opinion at this point in the story

• Like 1

Michael had courage in a bottle, but Asher found another man before he came to his senses....jeez the plot thickens!

I wanted to tell the readers that I'm sorry for the delay in replying to the reviews.  I don't want you guys to think that I don't appreciate each and every review, I do.  Thank you for taking the time to read and let me know what you think.  With out you guys, I wouldn't be able to write.

Things haven't gotten much better with my health issues.  I'm actually having the 1st surgery next week.  My goal is to keep writing so I don't fall behind in my posting.  Thanks for being so understanding!

Kc :)

Michael had courage in a bottle, but Asher found another man before he came to his senses....jeez the plot thickens!

I wanted to tell the readers that I'm sorry for the delay in replying to the reviews.  I don't want you guys to think that I don't appreciate each and every review, I do.  Thank you for taking the time to read and let me know what you think.  With out you guys, I wouldn't be able to write.

Things haven't gotten much better with my health issues.  I'm actually having the 1st surgery next week.  My goal is to keep writing so I don't fall behind in my posting.  Thanks for being so understanding!

Kc :)

I am sure that all of your fans agree that your health comes first KC !!  :yes:   If you fall behind one week or so it's no problem, your stories are worth waiting for..  :hug:

• Like 1

"Only gay for Asher". How very convenient... :/

And after several chapters of trying to figure each other out, it gets followed up with consecutive chapters of they blow up at each other, then Asher goes out with some other guy only for Michael to catch him, then Asher gets shot in Chapel Chase? Talk about going from zero to breakneck...

• Like 1

I am sure that all of your fans agree that your health comes first KC !!  :yes:   If you fall behind one week or so it's no problem, your stories are worth waiting for..  :hug:

Thanks Sly, I have to have more test done tomorrow for next week.  I hope to stay on top of things, but it's good to know the readers are understanding! :hug:

"Only gay for Asher". How very convenient... :/

And after several chapters of trying to figure each other out, it gets followed up with consecutive chapters of they blow up at each other, then Asher goes out with some other guy only for Michael to catch him, then Asher gets shot in Chapel Chase? Talk about going from zero to breakneck...

I've know guys who were attracted to one man and not viewed themself as gay....also maybe Michael's just testing out his bi-curious side before he accepts that he's gay??? ;) Something to think about.

Sorry for the crazy turn of events but that's how life hits us, it does ask if this is a good time for to fall in love, to have an accident, to lose a lover, to make a horrible mistake....It just happens and then we've got to pick up the pieces.   

Your still reading the story, MJ so I hope you like it :)

KC :D

• Like 1

I've gotten a couple of questions about the timeline of the last few chapters.  Maybe with the week between each postings is where a few readers might be getting confussed.    :huh:  Let's try to clear this up ^_^

Timeline:

Chapter 6 is Friday night at the bar.  Michael is there and we introduce Ian and Milo ;)

Chapter 7 is Saturday mornin biking in the park, ending with big fight :fight:

Chapter 8 is Saturday night date with Tyler (Michael shows up at 2am Sunday morning banging on the door) :pinch:

Chapter 9 is Monday morning, Michael is at work when he hears about Asher being shot the day before :o (Remember Asher said on Friday at the end of chapter 6 that he was covering at the bar for Ziggy on Sunday? **Hint Hint** That is what prompted Michael to show up for the morning ride since Asher would be missing the weekend basketball game)

Chapter 10 will explain what happened to Asher :P

Hope this clears any confussion up!  A huge thanks to all the readers.  You guys are great.  Another crazy week filled with doctors appointments, I'm falling behind on everything, but I don't want to disappoint you guys and miss my Monday posting.  I'm trying really hard.  Thanks for being so understanding. :D

KC

Edited by KC Grim

New chapter is up as promised! Chapter 10- Pour Me Another

I didn’t want to leave you guys hanging.  I’m heading to the hospital in the morning.  My surgery is first thing in the morning and if everything goes well, I’ll only be in the hospital for a few days.  ((I make a terrible patient…everyone who works in Healthcare usually is, LOL))  :P

Rustle and I worked on edits and re-writes to chapter 11 last night soooo, I hope to be up and around so I can post that on Monday.

You guys have been great.  The encouragement and reviews are wonderful and I can’t say thank you enough!!!

Wish me luck!

KC :)

Thanks guys for being so understanding while I'm recovering.  It means a lot to me that readers take time out of their busey schedule to let me know what they think about my characters and the story, and to wish me well while I was in the hospital.  I reply to every review.  I joined GA to connect to readers and writer, what better way to discuss what I've created and what you think ;)

Welllllll, I've been working with Rustle to make the next chapter shine: Pour Me Another Chapter 11

It has been posted for your reading pleasure.  I hope you like it :)

Thanks for all your support! KC :D

• Like 1

Thanks Sasha! When people start liking my story I get nervous thinking that I'm gonna screw it up.  I hope not :P  I really think this is my best story yet :D

Thanks Sasha! When people start liking my story I get nervous thinking that I'm gonna screw it up.  I hope not :P  I really think this is my best story yet :D

well you kept me up late reading it so... no screw ups please KC  :P

• Like 1

Wow, the readers came up with so many great questions with this chapter, I decided to continue the discusion in the story thread. :D

1. (Chapter 12 Review) From Daithi:

Another great chapter KC. Things are drastically heating up between Michael and Asher. I understand Ash's point but it will be worse if it blows lol. I don't like the sound of those nightmares but I noticed they started off with the remberance of the look in Michaels eyes during the bath then blended into the actual shooting, that's not good. I can't believe that Ash actually thought he had to pay, I know things are different in the United States than here but it happened at work so not sure why he thought that. Can't wait to see what happens next.

The United States does not have Univeral HealthCare.  It is estimated that over 40 million people don't have any form of Medical Insurance.  In addition, another 40 million that do have coverage have inadequate coverage.  Unfortunately, HealthCare is a business in the US and if you can't pay you might not be treated.

(Sidenote:) several years ago I worked for a large hospital that have no indigent programs (in a nutshell if you had no $$$ don't walk in.)  A homeless man was refused treatment and died outside the Emergency Room door!  I wasn't there when it happened but I still quit and moved to another hospital!

2. (Chapter 12 Review) From Sasha Distan:
cute!! Wait, let me do that again: cuuuute!
that's better. i both loved and Hated that you didn't move them forwards sexually. it was the right thing, but i feel like Michael now - super frustrated. grrr.
i didn't get the bit about the medical expense, being English, so to me that seemed a tad over-long, but i'm sure people who actually know what these things cost and what workers-comp and other such things are will shout me down and tell me i'm wrong.

generally adorable. More please. Now! ;)

Medical coverage in the US is rarely 100% coverage.  For small procedures a patient might have a co-pay, for more complex treatment a deductible and co-insurance, which can quickly add up.  I have pretty good health insurance.  I have $40 co-pay for a doctor office visit. For more complex treatment I have a $500 deductible and then 80-20% co-insurance.  I was hospitalized 2 weeks ago.  When I got to patient registration they asked for $3,000.00 cash / check / credit card.  Thank goodness my co-insurance has a capitation or I could have paid a lot more!!!  A few taps on my phone moved money from my savings to my checking account and I put the bill on my bank card.......And like I said, I have good insurance :o

3. (Chapter 12 Review) From Lisa:
Hi KC! Hope you're feeling better! :)

Asher was so cute when he found out worker's comp would pick up all his bills. It's been awhile since I worked in HR, but I don't remember worker's comp covering being shot at work. LOL But glad that it is, for Asher's sake. But either way, wouldn't his insurance have picked up most of it?

It's good that Asher is so insistent that they wait to get physical. But Michael is such as tease, I gotta say. ;)

Oh, when he was giving Asher a bath, he made sure he didn't wash the stitches. But were those stitches allowed to get wet? I thought all stitches weren't allowed to get wet.

As usual KC, you always leave me wanting more. :2thumbs:

Another great question! Workers Comp is a case-by-case and state-by-state claim. (i'm not going to dive into government employees or large corporations. and just keep it to the research I did that applies to my story)  If a small private business has a W/C claim filed, first it has to be determined if the injury is in the scope of the job requirements.  If so then the claim is approved but in cases that the injured worker is shot and he wasn't cop or security guard working in the relm of where this should happen then it becomes trickier.  The employeer could appeal the claim.  In this case of my story, his employeer, Jimmy is a good friend and isn't appealing.  As a business owner, Jimmy has insurance so he might as well use it since it's the right thing to do (Karma and all, LOL :P )

Anyone else want to weigh in?  These and all the others were all great responses to Chapter 12.  I'm working hard on getting the next chapter ready for Monday!

Thanks so much for reading!! KC :)
Edited by KC Grim

thanks KC. Can't wait for Monday.

while i thank you for the explanation, the fact that more than one person was unsure means that either the section needs trimming as it is quite long, or explaining a bit more so that us on this side of the water can actually follow what's going on.

that said, it is still an awesome chapter. moar please soon.

• Like 1