Hi everyone!

Just giving a little heads up that I'm working on something new here and I haven't forgotten anyone. :)  My new story is a modern fantasy piece that is based off two writing prompts that Layla picked to explore a new plot. I'm having a lot of fun with this one and I hope you do to.

There's still a lot of work yet to do and my schedule has been a little goofy as usual, so it will be a while before I'm ready to start posting. But I will definitely keep you up to date as we move along. Follow me as an author or this topic to further updates.

Looking forward to seeing you online!

In case you wondered, this is the prompt response that started it all:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mann-ramblings/promptramblings/5

and to expand on that, this is a sneak peek into the story as well:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mann-ramblings/promptramblings/6

P.S. If you've never read or responded to a Friday prompt, do it. It's a great way to get the gears turning when nothing else does. You'd be surprised with what you come up with.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

After a very productive vacation it looks like I have a tentative plan to start posting the new story, So Little Magic Left, on Tuesday October 1. Once I get started, it should post every Tuesday after that.

Cross your fingers! I think it's gonna happen! :D If I run into any snag, I'll let you know.

(So excited!! :))

• Like 2

Yeppy, will definitely get the juices flowing.  Pretty intriguing.  I kept trying to put together what the author said before reading, but still figuring it out.  Like always, Mann is going to keep us coming back for more :P  :read:

• Like 1

I mixed up the characters names in my review of chapter 3 ! :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: So sorry !! Bad Teddy ! :blushing: 

Most days you don't even know who you are DAng Bear :funny:   :P  -_-

But, I love the story, and hate waiting on the postings.  Can't wait for their first real interaction!

• Like 1

Well Shawn is at least conscious but evidently weak as a kitten and pretty much treated as such.  Wonder how long the 'charm' of Rath will hold him in thrall and when the reality of the situation will assert itself?  

• Like 1

In my review of chapter 5, I posted one word:  Interesting.

I found it interesting that Shawn has realized he really doesn't have much reason to want to return to his old life topside.

I found it interesting as well that his self-perception has been altered from being a big man to being a small man.

I found it interesting that he has almost developed a Stockholm Syndrome like attitude to his captor/rescuer.

I found it interesting that the story seems to imply an impending clash between the topside which lost the sword artifact and the underworld that has retrieved it.

So much to resolve, and I must wait until Tuesday next for any further nuggets. 

• Like 1