I'm glad to see something's happening. Rath's spent all his time depressed and brooding, Sethus is trying to uphold the laws of the land of top and underworld separation, and Shawn has no idea how to get back.

I'm actually getting a little excited that everything is coming together. :D

It partly the problem of reading in serial form but did i miss something.  When did Shawn learn that Kennick was searching for artifacts? I thought the readers knew it through the narrative but i did not think Shawn was party to that info. Ignore if i am just mixed up (or a careless reader)

It partly the problem of reading in serial form but did i miss something.  When did Shawn learn that Kennick was searching for artifacts? I thought the readers knew it through the narrative but i did not think Shawn was party to that info. Ignore if i am just mixed up (or a careless reader)

Kenrick told Shawn about his search for artifacts during their exchange near the end of Ch. 20 when he found Shawn drinking his expensive liquor and revealed his non-human nature.

Serial stories always run the risk of details being missed or forgotten in the gap between sessions. Feel free to re-read as often as you need! :D

i did go back and found the reference. Sorry.

It's not a problem in the least. If one person has an issue with a story, there's always a chance that there's someone else as well who hasn't spoken up. I'd rather get it in the open and make any necessary fixes I can :)

Is it horrible that I find myself hoping that a host of goblin hunters are waiting by the door and cut Kenrick in half as he steps through?  I  have gotten the feel of evil about the character right from the start, but now I am feeling like there is way more to it than meets the eye.

• Like 1

Kenrick making the enhanced Shawn feeling helpless and then taking down a Goblin and nearly killing him without showing any strain is definitely going to be a problem.  I can't help but think that taking him to the underworld is a big mistake, but what was Shawn going to do?

• Like 1

Chalk one up for the little pet human!  I don't think anyone else could possibly have gotten close enough to her to do what Shawn did, and the fact that he just happened to have a magic infused dragon dagger I am sure made the difference.

Cannd said in a review:

The death of Verath was so sucky b/c here you made him so down to Earth. You let him show he had fatherly feelings for Rath, which will only make it harder for Rath to grieve.

I  don't agree. Verath finally showed his feelings for Rath. (Has anyone else noticed that juniors name is a variant of daddy's?) That can only help the new king in the greiving process. To have had him die leaving Rath with the belief he was reviled as a "half breed" and that his father had no regard would have continued to color Raths thinking for the rest of his life. Rath still has a lot of emotions to work through over all of this, and on top of that he has the succession to the thrown. I think this story is far from over! I just hope you don't intend to end it shortly and pick up with a book two after taking a break!

I felt it was important for Verath and Rath to come to some amount of common ground, making the King's death more tragic. And yes, Kitt... Rath is a part of Verath, which is where the name came from even though it's never spoken about in the story.

Chapter 27, the final chapter is now posted.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mann-ramblings/solittlemagicleft/27

Thank you to everyone who read, reviewed, asked questions and provided feedback. A half year of posting chapters to get here. Who'd a thunk it?

Thank you Layla and MJ85 for their invaluable work. This story is much better with their influence. :hug::kiss:

I have a number of future projects planned so keep an eye out for details! Thank you all!

Edited by Mann Ramblings
  • Like 1

Yes, it's complete ! :D Now I can read it :D The questions is, do I read the last chapter first or continue to read on chapter 10 where I stopped   0:)  :funny:

Start from where you left off or start over! It's all good. But don't spoil it for yourself. There's lots of surprises!

• Like 1

Chapter 27, the final chapter is now posted.

Have read and re-read this story several times. It is always great and always captivates me. I love to read my favourite parts of stories again and again. This is definitely going to be in my top ten most read soon.  

Please keep writing.

:worship:

• Like 1

Have read and re-read this story several times. It is always great and always captivates me. I love to read my favourite parts of stories again and again. This is definitely going to be in my top ten most read soon.  

Please keep writing.

:worship:

Thank you so much! Have no fear. I'm still writing. I enjoy this way too much to walk away any time soon. :) I'm taking a small break while I sort out and plot my next story. Follow me or my forum for future updates!