So Kai is not a true demon but a product of the Prince and Kiorl's rather, shall we say, unique teachings. I don't know if I should be outraged that the Prince and Kiorl would do something like that or if it just adds to the allure of those two, especially Kiorl. That shouldn't surprise you though as I've always had a soft spot and pull towards Kiorl. Should be interesting to see if Jem does change or if he stays exactly as he is currently. I have to wonder though. If Jem does not change and become demon-like, will that leave him open to other demons being able to claim him or will it be enough that Kai has claimed him? Furthermore, can Kai officially claim him seeing that he is not actually a demon himself?

As far as I'm concerned, all things add to the allure of Kiorl. We love him. My Beta Vinnie tells me he reads this chapter with his inner paladin going "purge it with fire!". Variety is wonderful stuff eh?

Does Jem change? Read on to find out.

Atoki didn't change, not physically, and he is no more at risk than Jahke or Zai. the claim is more about official attachment rather than physical being - Jem will be immortal, and therefore technically not human.

With Kiaza not officially being a demon - his claim would still stand,because most other demons have no idea that Kiaza isn't a demon. Claiming another soul is a social construct, because contrary to popular belief, demons are largely social animals.

Hey, about Ifrit (i know Vru is his son, and Del Deorion his grandson) is he like a demon or a god or spirit? It seems like him and his descendants are in a whole other ballgame outside of Hell, and that Satheriel, himself, is afraid to anger them.

Hey, about Ifrit (i know Vru is his son, and Del Deorion his grandson) is he like a demon or a god or spirit? It seems like him and his descendants are in a whole other ballgame outside of Hell, and that Satheriel, himself, is afraid to anger them.

Correct. there are many "sons of Ifrit".

And yes, Ifrit belongs to The Gods of Espiritosante, and that's a whole other issue altogether. I'm note when,. how or in what format to introduce all of that yet.

• 2 years later...

Just to refresh our memories of course! (Shhhh, we shouldn't tell him we have been getting our sasha fixes in re-runs. If he gets a big head, there will be more room for all the voices and slow his writing!)

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 2

I think I've read them like three times each... :)

A fan!

I'm not sharing until we have a few chapters ready to go. My long standing beta-editor Vinnie (not on GA) is going to be editing this one, and as he said when I told him: "Oh, so you slipped, and accidentally a whole chapter?"

Man knows me too well.

Ladies, Gentlemen, Others... May I introduce to you...

Fallen Pride

in which we will learn many things about love, angels, the one who calls himself God, the sexual proclivities of panthers, and variety of other sometimes sweet and sometimes terrifying things.

Updates Wednesdays

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a sad chapter, but also a good one. I've always liked Kiorl and I'd volunteer to go comfort him if I could. But I don't think I'm his type, even though I'm blond. ;)

oh sweetie I'm not sure you'd survive! I've always had a big soft spot for Kiorl, though our editor Vinnie still thinks he needs purging with fire.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

chapter 6 of Fallen Pride is up - sorry it's late. I have no excuses, let's just pretend I was "busy" shall we?

In other related news - it's nearly Vruuaska's birthday. So wherever you find yourself on The Fifth, light a fire, and know there's a whole town shouting for the pagan joy of burning things.

• Like 1

Yikes, Nassau scared the shit out of Kiorl - and me :o

And I don't know why I forgot about Kiaza being a snake. Maybe because I always thought Inai was the only snake around, Kia got stuck in my head as a lizard guy. But in his story you clearly say he's a snake.

But at least Tobias won't have to explain fuck and promiscuous to the Angel. :gikkle:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I decided that we were going to take vocabulary as red, because otherwise it would be far too easy to get bogged down in linguistics.

But for definitions for promiscuous you should check the entry which reads: Jahke

But at least Tobias won't have to explain fuck and promiscuous to the Angel. :gikkle:
  • Like 1