Sign in to follow this  
Solo_DR

I'm not sure if my story is published

I posted a story, but it doesn't show up in my content. Am I doing something wrong, or does my story need to be approved or something?

Are there any extra steps I need to take after I've purchased the group thingy?

Fyi

*I've only been a member for a few hours..

• Like 1

When you have under 50 reputation, your story needs to be manually approved. Once you're over 50 and under 100, your story is automatically posted, but is udner peer review, meaning it won't show up on the front page of the site. However, it'll appear on the right hand side, in the modules on the /forums page and on /stories.

Once you're 100 reputation and above, you're completely free! Your stories will be visible everywhere and will appear on the front page, as well (but with a slight delay.)

[Edit: I replied to your status with a link to the general FAQ, but this is more specific to your question. Although, I'm 95% sure it was changed from 75 to 50.]

Edited by advocatus diaboli
  • Like 2

Ok thanks. But how do I build up my reputation when my stories aren't approved yet? Do I just talk and interact with people.

And how long usually does the manual approval take?

• Like 3

Usually stories/chapters are approved within 24 hours.  Additionally, it requires 75 reputation points to be out of the mod queue now and 100 to be out of peer review.

Just for reference, all of this can be found in the posting FAQ.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/authorhelp/faq23

Welcome to Gay Authors!

• Like 2

Ok thanks. But how do I build up my reputation when my stories aren't approved yet? Do I just talk and interact with people.

This was answered in chat, but I just wanted to explain here as well, so others can see the answer, in case they're wondering too.

But yeah, pretty much! As AJ said, your stories are still approved, it just doesn't happen instantly. You gain one reputation for each "Like" that you receive. You can get a like from posting (either on the forums, a blog comment or a picture comment), on a picture or a blog entry you've posted or on a chapter of your story or the story itself.

The best thing to do is just put yourself out there! I wouldn't actively seek out rep+ though, just let it happen. :P

• Like 1