United Sports of America- If Each State Played 1 Sport

Here's a pretty interesting map that shows what sport each state would play were they restricted to one sport. My home state, Delaware, got the Punkin Chunkin. It's basically this competition where people try and see how far they can launch a pumpkin. It's apparenty spreading to other states now, which is cool.

Other states that I've lived in were assigned to these sports:

Louisiana- Bass fishing (I haven't been there since 1989 so I can't vouch for the veracity.)

New Jersey- Youth soccer (I can see that.)

Texas- High school football. (No-brainer.)

Maryland- Lacrosse. (Again, a big "Duh.")

Pennsylvania - Field hockey. Kinda weird to me, but okay.

So for you Americans out there, what sport did your state get, and did you agree?

Not sure how Kansas ended up with college basketball, seeing there are several other states that I feel have a stronger claim, and I'm not sure why Georgia got tennis.  Trust me, I don't see a lot of rackets or tennis courts in the area, unless I'm looking in the wrong places. 

• Like 1

Spring training baseball?!?

That's not even a sport. And it has nothing to do with Arizona or Arizonans, it's a bunch of out-of-state baseball teams practicing here. Like, WHAT THE HELL?!

My home state of New Hampshire got cross-country skiing. That seems pretty fitting, as we have a ton of alpine/XC ski mountains around up there. 

I don't understand Pennsylvania getting field hockey. Around the city here I don't think its that popular. But maybe its more a suburban thing or more popular in the central and western part of the state?

Edited by TetRefine
  • Site Administrator

Hmmm, they could have made it the Sports of North America,

Wonder what the different sports would be for the 9 provinces and 3 territories for Canada would be? 0:)

Shew, Kentucky had something nice. Horse Racing, I knew it would be something like that.. because of the Kentucky Derby. I did squint to make sure I didn't see something like, Red Neck Log Rolling or Hillbilly Hand Fishin' something like that.. :P 

• Like 2

Hmmm, they could have made it the Sports of North America,

Wonder what the different sports would be for the 9 provinces and 3 territories for Canada would be? 0:)

Let's see, there would be ice fishing, dog sleding, lacrosse, Canadian football, curling, snowshoeing, hockey, x-country skiing, St. Bernard training for rescue missions, Salmon fishing, Polar Bear hunting, figure skating.  There's 12 sports, now you match them up for us.   lol   

Yep, I'm a gun carrier too.  Mississippi.  Deer Hunting.   Though, I'm kinda like Krista, I was afraid they might have designated beer can crushing or tobacco spitting as a sport :P  :funny:

Edited by joann414

Yep, I'm a gun carrier too.  Mississippi.  Deer Hunting.   Though, I'm kinda like Cia, I was afraid they might have designated beer can crushing or tobacco spitting as a sport :P  :funny:

Cia :huh: don't see her name here - step away from the beer cans Ms Jo Ann :lol:

I guess I'm gonna move to Michigan, Minnesota or North Dakota - I like hockey !

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 1
:funny:  :funny: 

Cia :huh: don't see her name here - step away from the beer cans Ms Jo Ann :lol:

I guess I'm gonna move to Michigan, Minnesota or North Dakota - I like hockey !

Remind me to muzzle your little blue butt the next time I see you :P  :funny:   And you know I'm not a beer drinker -_-   Bourbon is my tipple :P

• Like 1