*ahem*

Born Wolf

(click the link)

A novel about Kurt Smith, who's a werewolf born a wolf. like, a puppy. And Tahryn, a werewolf who can't read body language, because he's 'wolf-dyslexic'. Two big strong dominant wolves are not supposed to mate each other - you'll see why.

Chapters update every Tuesday 7am GMT and the novel is over 100k (i just have to tweak the ending a little).

NOTE: Born Wolf and it's characters exist in my other universe of shifters (what self respecting person has two shifter universes?) and therefore all the characters, regardless of gender, can be werewolves. Any questions?

• Like 1

I thought I'd asked this, but is this the continuation or part of your Christmas story?

No. Born Wolf was written back in the Spring and takes place on the south coast of england. the 'follow up' to the christmas story is called MUSH! and i currently being written. we're waiting on a few chapters before posting starts.

Sad about our two main characters getting off on the wrong foot again, but actually I feel more sorry for Koby. He's caught up in the mess, and having his hopes raised by Tahryn's sisters is not helping. After all Koby is just acting instinctively and correctly as a submissive wolf. I can't help hoping you'll let him have just one time in a threesome with Kurt and Tahryn. Even if I know you have this concept of mates not being able to do anyone but each other.

But apart from being hot, I think it might even be necessary with two dominant tops having to come to terms with the mutual attraction. And maybe Koby will get his crush out of his system as well as gain some selfrespect (and maybe even jealous admiration from other gay boys) if the two hottest guys in the school do him in the locker showers. It would be fun if Koby was actually pursued by a human guy who really wanted him.

Oh well I know you're probably gonna do something completely different - and even better - but it's still fun to imagine what will happen.

Happy New Year, Sasha.

Sad about our two main characters getting off on the wrong foot again, but actually I feel more sorry for Koby. He's caught up in the mess, and having his hopes raised by Tahryn's sisters is not helping. After all Koby is just acting instinctively and correctly as a submissive wolf. I can't help hoping you'll let him have just one time in a threesome with Kurt and Tahryn. Even if I know you have this concept of mates not being able to do anyone but each other.

But apart from being hot, I think it might even be necessary with two dominant tops having to come to terms with the mutual attraction. And maybe Koby will get his crush out of his system as well as gain some selfrespect (and maybe even jealous admiration from other gay boys) if the two hottest guys in the school do him in the locker showers. It would be fun if Koby was actually pursued by a human guy who really wanted him.

Oh well I know you're probably gonna do something completely different - and even better - but it's still fun to imagine what will happen.

Happy New Year, Sasha.

Mates can do other people, some wolves never meet their mates. and you can have more than one mate - as will become obvious during MUSH!

will Koby be having a threesome with Tahryn and Kurt? Can you imagine a wolf like Kurt ever sharing?

Cheater!  Hehehe  I can't blame you.

I'll still read it here - and I'm sure I'll enjoy the improvements due to your editing. I couldn't help wondering if Sasha read through the chapters more than once before posting them over there. Sorry Sasha, but at least I'll stop bitching about the few mistakes that may be left in the GA version. But it's an awesome story no matter what.

I'll still read it here - and I'm sure I'll enjoy the improvements due to your editing. I couldn't help wondering if Sasha read through the chapters more than once before posting them over there. Sorry Sasha, but at least I'll stop bitching about the few mistakes that may be left in the GA version. But it's an awesome story no matter what.

hun, i never read them through at all before posting on LitE (let it's name never be spoken again, bastards who run the site won't let me delete my account...) they were uploaded exactly as they were typed. it's not like that place has any stamp of quality, and as one reader said, "authors are not beholden to use, contractually or otherwise. this stuff is free, quit bitching" so i didn't care so much.

Here we have a readership who are accountable and honest and who care and so i want to make sure the story is in tip top condition for you to read. 

also, bad Tim, you lose points for cheating!  :P

This is a difficult story to have come out in serial format as the plot is subtler and nuanced rather than just action driven. As a result each chapter builds on the previous and leaves the reader hanging. When the next one comes out i find it necessary to reread the last one to regain the rhythm. Not a criticism just and observation. 

The good part about it is that for the most part the story is written and we are well ahead of you, so you can be assured that the updates will be on schedule!

Now Sasha, don't make a liar out of me and make sure you get that ending re-written the way you want it before we are rushing to post it on schedule!

You have stories on LitE - what's your name, what's your name ??

I am so not telling you. i'm trying to get out of there actually, but the admin's are holding my content to ransom.

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 1

This is a difficult story to have come out in serial format as the plot is subtler and nuanced rather than just action driven. As a result each chapter builds on the previous and leaves the reader hanging. When the next one comes out i find it necessary to reread the last one to regain the rhythm. Not a criticism just and observation. 

It does work much better as an actual book - one day soon we will have a real book one hopes.

The good part about it is that for the most part the story is written and we are well ahead of you, so you can be assured that the updates will be on schedule!

Now Sasha, don't make a liar out of me and make sure you get that ending re-written the way you want it before we are rushing to post it on schedule!

oh god deadlines!!!!

Excuse me for asking - I removed tha happy smiley too

But if you read it there - you won't be all excited for the GA postings! plus it's not edited or even correctly spelt on LitE 

jesus - chapter 3, which means it's been 3 weeks since christmas. ouchie

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 1

This is a really fascinating story. I am enjoying the commingling of complex social structures (human and wolf) into a unified whole. How the pack operates is as interesting as the action revolving around the 2 mail characters. The Koby twist was great as well, showing how passive characters can try to lead from behind so to speak as Koby jumps Tahryn followed by the pack's reaction. Once again you prove that you are not just another "serial soaper" (i'll let you decode that last phrase)

This is a really fascinating story. I am enjoying the commingling of complex social structures (human and wolf) into a unified whole. How the pack operates is as interesting as the action revolving around the 2 mail characters. The Koby twist was great as well, showing how passive characters can try to lead from behind so to speak as Koby jumps Tahryn followed by the pack's reaction. Once again you prove that you are not just another "serial soaper" (i'll let you decode that last phrase)

Koby is your classic passive-aggressive bastard. and i like that phrase of leading from behind. you decode me well. 

now if only i could work out what you mean by serial-soaper... is this a Luke and Erin in the showers reference? Am i often seen strolling up behind young men with soap? I should shut up now...

And now we all know why my suggestion of a hot threesome with Kurt, Tahryn and Koby died a very fast and nasty death. 

But I liked the fact that Kurt managed to make a bid for both solutions proposed: a job and a mate. Though I'm not surprised at Whelan's comment to his son (good luck). Because the odds are really stacked against them, and even more so now.

Oh and I completely agree with Rndmrunner, the social structures of the pack are a huge part of what makes this story fascinating.

And now we all know why my suggestion of a hot threesome with Kurt, Tahryn and Koby died a very fast and nasty death. 

But I liked the fact that Kurt managed to make a bid for both solutions proposed: a job and a mate. Though I'm not surprised at Whelan's comment to his son (good luck). Because the odds are really stacked against them, and even more so now.

Oh and I completely agree with Rndmrunner, the social structures of the pack are a huge part of what makes this story fascinating.

Yeah, not sorry about that. you can keep it in your head and have fun though eh? I never liked Koby.

As for social structure, that's going to get and whole lot more complex. hang on to your hats.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!

we uploaded the rest of the manuscript, which means you get happy doses of werewolves to last you through until the end of April. The last chapter posts on my birthday (May 3rd) as a little present to myself). There is a chapter each Monday, plus some sneaky extra ones in the thurs/fri slot to keep y'all on your toes.

In other news, the manuscript version is with editor number 2 (Vincent, but since he's not on GA, you can't try and get information out of him, sorry) and we are looking to publish by mid February, which means the book in actual solid paperback will be available from my publishers and then amazon and also as an ebook on itunes and bookNook 6 weeks thereafter.

See, i told you it was good news.

• 4 weeks later...