Good News Thread

Even if they don't support alien life or complex alien life, if there is an oxygen/hydrogen atmosphere, we should probably consider them a good backup colony site for a generational expedition. It's like house hunting, Mars is a fixer upper within the neighborhood, and these guys maybe perfect suburban two story with a yard :P

It'd be one long ass commute. :P

• Site Administrator

I'd love to know more about this man's life story.  I hope they find the funding they need to complete the film. 

http://aplus.com/a/95-year-old-comes-out-as-gay?utm_campaign=i2984&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=a102380&utm_content=inf_4_459_2&tse_id=INF_511d0d4002a411e78c985b6a21c9be24

• Like 3

Modern day Good Samaritan, through snow and sleet... oh wait, that's for postmen. Well read on anyways.

Rider in a Storm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rider-in-a-storm-teen-rides-horse-through-snowstorm-to-help-stranded-truck-driver-1.4017976

The 'Lone Ranger' (one of my favorite shows, growing up) theme music really felt appropriate to play here for this young Lady.

sandrewn

(Hiyo Silver)

• Like 1

It is sad that it took the deaths of two Beluga Whales, to finally tip the scales. The result though is a happy ending, in that Cetaceans will no longer be imported or displayed there. One down, so many others to go.

bc-090605-qila-pregnancy-vancouver-aquar

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-park-board-votes-to-end-display-of-cetaceans-at-aquarium-1.4018872

sandrewn

(never give up, never surrender)

• Like 1

The Boy in 7 Billion

Mum of teen boy 'saved by cannabis' reveals drug DIDN'T cure his cancer - but did stop him dying - Mirror Online

This video was in the above article, but this one is the full video, not just a clip.

I Secretly Gave My Son Cannabis to Save His Life | This Morning - YouTube

Since then, he has recovered and is now 17 and at college.

sandrewn

• Like 1

Seven year old Filip Kwasny lost his last battle and his time with us is over. Thanks to people with kind hearts and the ability to make a difference, this young boy's last wish will come true.

Seven-year-old boy whose last wish was to be buried with his mother dies from cancer | The Independent

To all who gave and made the wish come true,

thank you

sandrewn

• Like 1

Good News: Looking through my Google Drive, I have been able to recover most of my files. :D Only the most recent files on my old laptop weren't saved on Google Drive. All in all, I think I have 80 to 90% of my files!!! :2thumbs: 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...