Good News Thread

• Site Administrator

Wasn't sure where to post this, here or in the Sports Bar. Here won out.

Yesterday was the annual Labour Day Classic between the Calgary Stampeders and the Edmonton Eskimos in the Canadian Football League.

Usually this sell out game has one or two disruptions from streakers or just fans trying to run across the field. Yesterday, something happned that must go down as the best endzone celebration EVER in football!!!

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

When my generation thinks that the younger generation has no hope, this comes out to probably show that more of them are like this then not. Wonder if you could do the same?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/special-needs-man-comforted-by-stranger-164303259.html

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

The video was posted back in July :) His fiancé gave him a very special gift.

That was amazing and wonderful and super cool! The things we take for granted... :thumbup:

PS: I think this is my 600th post..it's a nice one :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Members of the Canadian chapter of Achilles International enabled visually impaired runners to compete in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon this past weekend.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I read that on FB yesterday.  What a great story.  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

This should give you a smile.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-23/ethan-hall-hiccups-national-anthem-internet-star/6963098

To keep going like that! I reckon this little fellow had enough bravery to fill the stadium.

Damn, I missed that one... :P Thanks, Palantir! :thumbup: