• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's LGAITE time, baby

Nick, I can't tell you how disturbed I am everytime I read your comments about Luke and Alice. :P

Great chapter though Dom. A lot going on, but it seems that a lot of things have been dealt with. Rory and Luke's talk was, glad to see, a good one. But Rory is way too into Seth for anything or anyone else.

And Grandma Alice. Well this is interesting. Got to love when relatives just drop by unannounced, if Eddie's reaction is anything to go by.

It seems that since all the ducks are in a row on the relationship front, it's time to deal with family. Which makes dealing with romantic relationships seem like cake.

Guest lrite2006

Wow! This was by far one of the best chapters I've read in this series. Seth is soo sweeet! And Luke is gorgeously cocky and funny and cute!! Rory is definitely in the right place right now.

I haven't really been motivated to post a reply till now. I just want to say that I've definitely been a Luke/Rory supporter but have enjoyed reading about Seths/Rory's time together. Rory needed to be with a guy like Seth to rid him of all the insecurities that Aaron planted in him. However I really think that Seth/Rory's relationship is not going to be too serious. I believe they care about each other but are really just having fun gettting to know each other and enjoy being with someone they are compatible with. I think Luke is in it for the long run and Seth is just having fun and enjoying his time with Rory. There WILL come a time when Luke and Rory can't resist each other. When there is a mutual physical attraction and deep respect/admiration with someone it is almost impossible to not have a moment when all thoughts go out the window and you go for it. I'm glad it's not at this moment in the story because Dom is taking his time and we get to enjoy all the in betweens. Seth isn't falling hard and neither is Rory. They are just playing out their casual relationship.

• Site Moderator

It will be interesting to see what happens now that Grandma Alice is actually on scene.

And Nick, it will be SGAITE NOT LGAITE. :devil:

Talon

Dom, this really was a great chapter. Thanks

First of all, excellent chapter, Dom ... and that was really FAST! :2thumbs:

Secondly, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed at how Luke and Rory's conversation turned out. But at the same time, I'm glad that there was some kind of conclusion reached.

Despite what many had predicted, nothing major happened at the lake ... it was pretty much a non-event ... which even surprised me.

And the Grandma Alice cliffhanger ... I didn't really expect that one ... and now I'm anxious to find out what she's doing there ... there has to be some big reason, and I'm sure it will have something to do with Rory deciding very soon to stay in Arizona, because 1) Grandma Alice wouldn't travel all the way out there if she was planning on being with Rory again in two weeks, and 2) Rory's mom's journal said that it was Grandma Alice's idea to find Eddie, so I think she wants Rory to be with him ... I'm guessing they'll all have a nice long chat, Rory will get a lot of questions answered, and it will be a very cathartic experience for them all ... and if Rory gets flustered or upset with Grandma Alice, he'll have Luke there to prop him up emotionally.

Huh. I want to say my first idea was right: the Luke/Rory/Seth thing wasn't going to be a big dramatic thing. But there's a voice in my head saying "Now, gabrielle, don't get too cocky. You know how Dom is". :wacko:

The funny thing is I didn't realize how much I wanted Luke and Rory together until this chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love Rory and Seth and think they were totally cute with the whole playing phone tag thing, but Luke is just... Luke.

Anyways, I actually felt a little bit bad for Grandma Alice in the first time since ever. I want to be mad at Rory for not keeping touch with his grandma, but then again, her attitude brought that on.

I think those of you who said earlier she might be dying could have been on to something. Either that's the reason she came to Arizona or she was feeling guilty or lonely.

I love Dom. He's awesome. 'Nuff said. And this chapter was totally a kickass Valentines gift. :2thumbs:

The funny thing is I didn't realize how much I wanted Luke and Rory together until this chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love Rory and Seth and think they were totally cute with the whole playing phone tag thing, but Luke is just... Luke.

I totaly agree with you and I hope that Luke and Rory still end up together at some point. LIke you said I love Seth but I LOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Luke.

Remember a few chapters back when Rory tried to call his friend back home and found the phone number disconnected? That has always bothered me. I am going to go out on a limb here and say Grandma didnt come to visit Rory and gang by herself, she brought someone with her. B)

Remember a few chapters back when Rory tried to call his friend back home and found the phone number disconnected? That has always bothered me. I am going to go out on a limb here and say Grandma didnt come to visit Rory and gang by herself, she brought someone with her. B)

Hmm..you think? She was by herself though, sitting on a suitcase. Unless of course she stuck him somewhere... Interesting thought though.

Dom has always known when it's time to end a story. i think we're there with Grandma showing up. I never even saw that coming. Nice twist!

So, you think we're nearing the end?

I guessed 35-40 chapters ... maybe that's it ... **sigh**

Although I would like to see Rory going through the whole school thing in Arizona ... that would be interesting, a whole new environment that he'd have to face ... he's basically been sheltered in a "gay friendly" environment the whole summer, so his being "out" hasn't been an issue for him psychologically. I think it would be interesting as well to see Rory break up with Seth and get into another relationship (either with Luke or someone else). In most online gay erotica, the main protagonist's first relationship ends up being their "soul mate" and they're practically married by the time they're sixteen ... which in the "gay world" is extremely unlikely. Rory has grown a lot, but I still see there being a lot more room to grow. Perhaps Dom could finish DD, take a break for a while and work on whatever other great ideas he has up his sleeve, and some time later come back and do a sequel ... unlikely to happen, but it would kinda neat, since I think we've all fall in love with these characters more so than in the other stories (at least I have).

Dom has always known when it's time to end a story. i think we're there with Grandma showing up. I never even saw that coming. Nice twist!

I think I'm going to agree with Ann for the first time ever (well, other than the stuff she wrote about the abusive fans Dom's had to deal with lately..).

The arrival of 'Alice the Evil' marks that the end is near in the DD storyline. Even though I agree with Little Buddha that it would be interesting to see Rory deal with being out in High School once Gramma Alice drops whatever bombshell she has (and no, it's not that she's taking Luke away with her to live in Florida Nicholas! :P ) but I would be surprised if Dom would do that... he hasn't in any story so far (even if I get the impression that DD is by far his most popular story judging by the number of posts in the forums). Before someone brings up the Dennis storyline (the mythical beast we're all waiting to see...), I wouldn't really put that in the same category since it will revolve around a whole different set of main characters.

BTW, I thought that Arizona was a hot desert state. So how the hell did everyone in the state (except poor Seth) learn to skate?!?!?! :blink:

Thanks for the great Valentine's surprise Dom!

Steve

Turely amasing chapter Dom :2thumbs: I was not expecting that plot twist at the end. All i know is that Rory is going to have some decission making comeing up in the next few chapters. And come on we all know that Rory will stay with Eddie, Jase and Luke. And of course he is going to stay for his boyfriend. But i know that he will make the choice on his own, or he will not have matured any at all if he don't.

BTW, I thought that Arizona was a hot desert state. So how the hell did everyone in the state (except poor Seth) learn to skate?!?!?!

I am wondering the same thing as Rabble_Rouser.

But great chapter Dom, it was awesome. I loved what you did with the Luke/Rory/Seth situation.

later ~ nick :read:

P.S.

:boy: I love Seth :wub:

Why do I do this... WHY?! I need to go to bed to get plenty of rest for my exam tomorrow... well it couldn't hurt to check the site, right? I mean it wasn't THAT long ago that 32 came out, right? 33 can't POSSIBLY be out already... it f**king is!

Be back in about an hour...

*ahem* indoor rinks

They're there, yes. But in areas like Arizona people tend to not know how to ice skate. I live in Arizona in the summer and Hawai'i during the school year, both have indoor rinks, neither have that many skaters.

sweetness.. looks like there is still hope for LRITE peeps... well a lil..

anyway.. i really thought that people's guess about Alice moving to Arizona will never be.. but damn.. Dom never seaze to surprise me.. great chapter though.. 2 thumbs up!

hmm Seth.. *giggles*

They're there, yes. But in areas like Arizona people tend to not know how to ice skate. I live in Arizona in the summer and Hawai'i during the school year, both have indoor rinks, neither have that many skaters.

It's hot here in texas too.. but many people know how to ice skate.. doesn't include me though..