Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Five Million Words

Wow.  Thank you!  I wasn't even paying attention. 

And that gives me another opportunity to thank my team, who had to read and/or edit all 5,000,000 of those words, and to my readers, who consumed them. 

No wonder Sharon needs a vacation.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

So, the algorithm that counts words at GA was changed yesterday to something which defines words much more conservatively, dropping most word counts by ca. 10%. The upshot is that Mark's total as of this moment now registers as a mere 4,997,244. The next posted chapter will presumably push it back over five million again.

• Like 1

Hmm...and now it says 4,989,798. Perhaps the algorithm is recounting slowly?

Edit: Apparently the algorithm was tweaked again a little bit ago and the counts were re-run.

Edited by apjordan
  • Like 1

Hmm...and now it says 4,989,798. Perhaps the algorithm is recounting slowly?

Edit: Apparently the algorithm was tweaked again a little bit ago and the counts were re-run.

LMAO!

Yeah mine keeps going down also. Although that doesn't apply to everybody the same way since a bunch of people who supposedly had posted less word than I had, now show more... Oh well, out of my hands. Being an accountant, i fixate on number and statistics; I kinda kept track but I think that spreadsheet is headed for the recycle bin! :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just popping back to this thread to note that, with today's generous double posting of new chapters, Mark has returned to his rightful place atop the list of prolific authors. Thanks, Mark and team, for your continued gifts to GA's readers...

....Allyster

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..