I have been following the Leopards adventures from the beginning on another website, because my eyes get less sore there. ;)

As I am not into sports at all I had my doubts in the beginning, but you soon got me hooked, Graeme.

A great story and my Sundays won't be the same without the weekly dose of Australian champs.

Thank you so much for all the pleasurable reading hours and whenever you will be ready for more I will be as well ... along with many others.

Peter.

• Like 4
  • 7 months later...

LOL, Drew, that's exactly the reaction I had.

Hehe, I wonder if anyone didn't think he was a creep initially. :P

Anyways, I disliked Ty's real father in the last book, but I really despise him in this one :pissed:

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3

Hehe, I wonder if anyone didn't think he was a creep initially. :P

Anyways, I disliked Ty's real father in the last book, but I really despise him in this one :pissed:

I definitely thought he was a creep, albeit a very sad creep.  :unsure:

I usually refer to the man as "Ty's crappy dad." And he hasn't improved with time.  :P

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm further along in the story. :) I'm at the end of chapter six, after Deon meets his dad for the first time in years. And the end had me laughing with the banter about "aerial ping-pong" :lol: I wonder if the Leopards will be able to convert Marcus into an Aussie Rules fan.

• Like 3

Okay, I'm further along in the story. :) I'm at the end of chapter six, after Deon meets his dad for the first time in years. And the end had me laughing with the banter about "aerial ping-pong" :lol: I wonder if the Leopards will be able to convert Marcus into an Aussie Rules fan.

Sam and Marcus are lovely!  :wub:  I'm sure it's not too much of a spoiler to say they end up watching a whole lot of Deon's games and Marcus hasn't died of excessive football watching yet.  :lol:

At one point, I commented on the predominant theme of fatherhood in this book, and the contrasts among the various fathers and father figures: Neil's dad, Deon's dad, Ty's crappy bio dad, and (of course) "dad."  

Edit: Actually, I just remembered there was another dad in my original comment, but I think that would be a spoiler. :) 

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2
On 5/18/2016 at 2:05 AM, impunity said:

Edit: Actually, I just remembered there was another dad in my original comment, but I think that would be a spoiler. :)

:huh: now I'm trying to figure out which dad you're thinking off.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
On 5/18/2016 at 6:51 AM, Graeme said:

If it's who I think it is, he's Irish...

:blink:  Arrrggggh, now I'll have to go back and read until I get it. :facepalm:

No wait, I have it. :huh: but he's not a Daddy, just a Paddy or ... :unsure:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I was wrong. I found the post that Impunity was referring to and it was someone else: Neil's big brother (if that's a sufficient hint without being a spoiler)

• Like 1
On 5/18/2016 at 7:17 AM, Graeme said:

Neil's big brother (if that's a sufficient hint without being a spoiler)

Uhmmm :unsure::blink:  OH ! Of course ! :facepalm:

how could I forget Becky ! :rofl:

You looked, Drew, right? ;)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Haha! I had no idea I was going to cause so much intrigue. :rolleyes: If it weren't for the time zones (and the need to sleep occasionally), I'd have PMed you both.

Drew, the dad isn't that exciting. The spoiler is whose dad it is. There's a main character you aren't aware of yet. This character's dad is fairly perpheral but contributes to the overall theme.

Graeme, I'm not sure I'd consider the Irish guy a father figure so much as a facilitator (and a relatively self-serving one at thst), but I hope we get to see more of him in the future. ;)

Edit: And I just realized (somewhat belatedly) that Graeme picked an entirely different spoilery father figure than the one I had in mind. :huh: "Big brother" kind of confused me, but I shrugged it off initially. I had to dig out that old post to make sure. Next time I'll do that first before making cryptic references. :*)

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Drew, how are you getting along with this? Are you caught up with the rest of us yet?  :)

Edited by impunity