Despite having attained age sixty-seven today and being busy as all get out.  Abel III should post as expected around midnight tonight Central US Daylight Savings Time.  

It's your birthday and we get the present? That doesn't seem fair some how - still glad to have the chapter  :thankyou:

• Like 1

Now that I have a bit of time to reflect, I should be able to write a few more words.

I still find the chapter a bit mind-blowing - what a terrible situation to be in.

I guess thats more words that before... I sort of feel as if I have been slapped on the face. It was a bit of a shock.

• Like 1

The really tragic thing is that there were no good choices, and they had to pick the less horrible one.  It was still horrible and how they deal with it over time may be the hardest thing of all....

It was a hard chapter to write.  While I have an outline blocked out, I am now at a crossroads and the next few chapters may be a little late in posting.

• Like 1

Well, I still think they made the right choice. Those two young guys will probably be relieved that nothing intrudes on their minds again. And since they ran away from one group of people trying to dictates their lives, I'm sure they would have hated to be government slaves. Maybe it can't be said hat Abel saved them from a fate worse than death, but he did give them a good chance of living a life of their own choice - plus I'm sure they'll never mess with drugs. :lol:

• Like 2

Would be interesting to find out if the attitude towards recreational drug use is more enlightened than ours or just as misinformed and repressive....

An interesting question that I haven't thought about addressing in the story.   Hmmmm.

• Like 1

It may be only a cargo ship, but there is a main deck, middle deck, shuttle bay, mess hall, crew quarters, gym,  crew showers, medical bay, conference room, bridge and what not. You should see me wandering around in a middle sized house in search for the bathroom. So it is indeed an accomplishment that I think I could find my way through the ship. :)

• Like 1

If that were your only living space for weeks and months at a time, I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding the facilities.  

I am glad that my description of the ship allows you to easily visualize your way around.   Speaking of bathrooms, I've been told my story spends entirely too much time in the shower. Especially the one in Abel III's and Dennis' cabin..... :*)

• Like 1

If that were your only living space for weeks and months at a time, I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding the facilities.  

I am glad that my description of the ship allows you to easily visualize your way around.   Speaking of bathrooms, I've been told my story spends entirely too much time in the shower. Especially the one in Abel III's and Dennis' cabin..... :*)

Too much time in that awesome shower????? If it was me the story line would be short - wakes up, eats, lives in shower with lovers, sleeps - repeat

• Like 1

It is looking more and more like I will be late in posting a new chapter to Abel III's Awakening.   

Baseball is my passion and it has been real distracting all week.   Did you see that the KC Royals just took the second game from the Orioles on the road in Baltimore?

And of course my Cardinals finished off the Dodgers this past week and are playing tonight.   We also play tomorrow.   My point is that it could be some time before I can post the next chapter.  

Sorry for the delay, but I've been a baseball fan for more than sixty years and a writer for  a much shorter time.....

What a journey! This was a "drama free" chapter but the changes in Abel III's powers opens up so many possibilities. I love it.

I also loved the engineer and master telepath working together to formulate awesome filters. This worked well with the shields and once again there are so many possibilities. I can definitely see Abel Sr looking at marketing these improvements to the other families. Always the business man.

• Like 1