"Billy Chase #374" Is Posted...

• 3 weeks later...

all 7 kindle versions now read - noticed that book 8 was up on GA .. now finished all 24 chapters there

must                   learn                  to                  read                slower !    :)

didnt help that i'm so hooked that i had to keep sneaking out of the office and find a quiet corner in the server room to keep getting my fix - good job it was a slow week last week otherwise damn users would have kept bugging me.....

when book 8 comes out in kindle format i'll buy that as well (always nice to have a complete set) 

keep up the good works (anything happening on the "New Kid in School" front ? - kindle version ?) - two great magnum opera's.  still never mind i've got your two hard back books to keep me going for a while (although slipping out the office with them might be a little tricky - but that's a challenge i'll like :) )

keep up the good works..

MarcW

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe! Hiya, Marc! You know, I WANT to put "New Kid", "Class", and "My Only Escape" on Kindle...but it's HARD! :P Seriously, I'm intimidated about getting started on those! Hehehe, especially "New Kid". Because it was my very first. So re-editing that whole series from scratch is going to take a looooong time! But it'll definitely happen. I just need to shake the jitters out of my typing fingers and get to it. :P

As for "Billy"...check back on Wednesday night! That's a chapter you won't wanna miss! :: Nods ::

Thanks dude! ((Hugz)) And YAY for hard cover copies! :)

YAY ! new chapter - wow ! - but that needed to be done - i suspect another kiss and tell, but Jimmy's already tried that and it didnt sort of work out as he planed so (fingers crossed - ditto this time) ...

has Billy been paid for all this work at the record store ? - nice story line might be that he blows the lot on getting him & brandon away from every one - some lake motel or some such - just so they can be alone to talk - single beds - just to prove that true love isnt about sex but a look, touch, hug or kiss is all it needs to speak volumes - then if all goes well the beds could be pushed together ( but as a complete after thought of course ;) )  -- but heck you've probably planned out a much better story line :)

as for the other stories and kindle versions - would a rewrite really be necessary ?  the fans love them as they are & the artist is never really satisfied with the brilliance of the work   - or am i just buttering you up a bit too much here  ,... hehe ... going through the shack collection 1 and found "Arcade Junkies" - Matt, Sam ? where have i read those names before ? , then Taylor pops up ... ahhh ... another side of "New Kid" - like "Ryan's Heart" - like it ....

a couple of other manga / graphic books i've recently read (and really liked) are "the Rules of Standing on Tiptoe" by Puku Okuyama - nice japanese high school beginning romance between Kosuke ( a very short kid) and Raku (a tall part japanese boy).

the other one is a set of 3 short graphics novels called "Off Beat" by Jen Lee Quick - now this one had been in the making for over 10 years !! - about a very intelligent science student who gets swept up with the mystery of a boy who's just moved in down the road...

keep up the good works and OXOXOX

Marc 

as for the other stories and kindle versions - would a rewrite really be necessary ?

It's not that he has to rewrite them for story line stuff, its that Kindle books must be written in a certain format (Think Coding: HTML, BB Code, etc}. Considering New Kid is 50+ Chapters deep (And hopefully no where close to being done! :D ) Uploading it to the Kindle would take A LOOONNGGGG Time :P

hi,

totally understand that there's going to be a bit of work, and that's probably a real understatement regarding the conversion - i work for a media company that does digital versions of newspapers and magazines for the airline industry - although ours are based on PDF's - but i'll take a look see for kindle - and that's going to be my last word on that subject - well for a while at least :)

keeps up the good works ...

XOXO's

Marc

Oh yeah...the Kindle versions...

I should explain that a bit more...

Yes, a big part of it is the fact that I type all of my own HTML by hand. And the version that Kindle uses is different. Which means that I have to literally go through each and every single sentence, and every line of code, to make sure that it's formatted properly before I can publish it. So that takes forever. But even more than that...I re-edit, and almost rewrite all of the stories from scratch when I officially publish them. :)

When I started writing, I didn't even have a spell check. But I go back and fix continuity errors, dialogue, take out stuff that's unnecessary, add stuff that's needed...etc. So it's almost like a brand new version of the story. Especially stories like "Gone From Daylight" (And this October, "GFD: Resurrection") where I've added a TON of new material that wasn't there before. So that's why the ebooks and the Premium content on GA takes so long. Because I'm kinda reaching for perfection with anything that you guys have to shell money out for. Hehehe, I fall short, I'm sure. But perfection is the goal. And with something like "New Kid" and "Class"
(I was sooooo 'unpracticed' back then! Hehehe!) I've got a lot of fixing to do.

I definitely want to, though. I'll try to get inspired to give it a go some time soon. Who knows what 2015 might bring! Besides..."Avengers 2" and "Star Wars"! :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..