Hello all!

We are just over one week away from the first chapter of the newest Ship Logs of the Santa Claus! Posting begins on Sun, Aug 31st. (Are you as excited as I am?)

This time we will be following the life and antics of our favorite rogue, Priest (from A Cook's Tale) as his life intertwines with a new crew member and a new passenger. Both of which have their own issues that he can't walk away from.

Stay tuned! Announcements will follow!

:D :D :D :D :D

• Like 5

I just finished A Cook's Tale for the second time and I loved it, and being back on The Santa Claus again...It feels like home!! Bring on Priest and Pariahs...I am ready and very excited...

Edited by Headstall

Until I got to the part about the cheating cards, I hadn't caught on to the fact that one of the main characters was someone I disliked from a cook's tale. But at least I like Costa the para, and I loved the way he dealt with the nosy brat. Oh and as I said in the review I loved our clever, vengeful Arbor. I have the feeling he'll get on well with Mac, even if they can only be friends (at first?).

Are we getting a weekly posting schedule, Mann?

• Like 1

I was excited for this story to start and I was not disappointed. The characters so far introduced have captured my interest. From the little we learned of Priest in Cook's Tale and his thoughts while piloting in this one, he seems to be a player who is all about the conquest. For that reason I hope he falls hard and fast where he learns about the shoe being on the other foot. Karma can be a bitch lol. I can see that remote getting him in trouble again...I like the spunk we learned about, that is present in Arbor and I hope he finds a place that is all his own on the good ship lollipop...I mean Santa Claus...Great start for a first chapter and if this story is anything like the first two, we can't go wrong....cheers...Gary

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1

After I read the first chapter, I discovered your short story, "Ones and Zeros." Definitely intrigued now.

I read this story a little while ago and made the connection to the title of this new story which suceeded in ramping up my anticipation. Having this background to go on, puts a whole new dimension on the character of Costa, from the moment he is introduced. Because of this, like you I am intrigued and already immersed in his character and what it means to be a "Pariah". Cheers...Gary

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this latest chapter. Priest is a very interesting character. He seems like a bit if a jerk that floats through life by the skin of his teeth. His come on to Costa was pretty pathetic and showed no respect at all but for some reason I can see myself liking him eventually. I couldn't help but laugh when he said to Costa "I have an idea how we can pass the time" after all that had happened. He is nothing if not persistent...or is that stupid? lol. I loved Costa's smugness at the end when he said "I'm very resourceful".If a relationship manages to happen between them, it sure as hell is off to a bumpy start. Cheers...Gary

• Like 1

It sort of surprises me that people have not made the connection between some of Mann's shorts/prompt responses and his longer works before this. One went on to become a part of A cooks tale, and two more  to be prominent scenes in So Little Magic Left.  Prompt responses have this way of evolving in Mann's mind and continuing to entertain us well past their initial posting.

• Like 1

I think we'll get the real measure of Priest the first time he meets Arbor. Is he an insensitive jerk, who'll crack jokes and look down on Arbor not just physically but mentally as well? Or does he actually have a speck of humanity and respect for his fellow crew members in his silly pea brain? After all there must be some redeeming traits in Priest since Danverse hasn't thrown him of the ship yet. Even if he is a brilliant pilot.

• Like 1

Really great chapter...I loved it! I get the feeling, when Priest was dreading the message from Costa, that he is already falling for him and he is not used to that. The thought that he would be told to F off  by Costa rattled him pretty bad and I gotta say, that looks good on him.....cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Having read Ones and Zeros before ch 3 (thank you Impunity and Gary for the tip), I wasn't too surprised at the Mrs Claus glitch on Costa's monitor. But the question is whether it was the presence of Priest - and his dirty thoughts - which rattled Costa so much he was unable to control himself and act sensibly. Letting Priest see the scar on his neck was stupid and sending him a giggly, sexy-playful text was even more silly. But I guess it all goes to show that Costa is not as unaffected by Priest's allure as he'd like to pretend.

Mann, why don't you set up a poll on who'll get to bed who first in this triangle ? I'm voting for Arbor to top Priest after winning the poker game. :P

• Like 2