But you have an out if you only get around to putting out a single chapter of just one of your stories by the conclusion of the second year!

Of course, if you took that long, you'd have to be concerned about Brother Finland, not just virtual pitchforks! He'd be aiming to keep you at your keyboard, but not hurt you!

Ping! Why is there a hole in that can of Coca-Cola? Ping! Now there's a dent in the door knob! Oops! Better get back to the computer…

From your reply to a Review of TCaTC chapter 14: 

If you knew the time I have spent trying to work out the meaning of various English three-letter abbreviations and coming up with wrong definitions.  :facepalm:  :lol:

Thank you so much for the beautiful description of what this chapter showed you. I love the image of them and their lives becoming filled with love and happiness.

There's an ad for the syndicated reruns of Modern Family where Phil, who like to think of himself as a hip parent, defines WTF as "Why the Face."

Thank you for the new chapters. I'll call off Brother Finland. …for now.

Edited by Former Member
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of LitLover, Bucket1 seems to have found Kristin’s Tor wandering around in Choices. It’s very strange because I’m certain I’d have noticed a sexy Dane roaring around Ontario on his motorcycle. Liam needs to rest, he doesn’t need the excitement of the exotic straight ex-soldier!  ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Oh! Speaking of anything Denmark, I just read something pretty cool about Denmark, I'll share it on the CC thread later this weekend. :D 

I look forward to hearing about pretty :great: stuff in relation to Denmark. We were all relieved our Prime Minister survived the Handshake. :lol:  (see the second video here)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
41 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I look forward to hearing about pretty :great: stuff in relation to Denmark. We were all relieved our Prime Minister survived the Handshake. :lol: 

I'm pretty sure you already know it :lol: then again, you are Danish. ;) 

• Like 1

Okay, a while ago, I was perusing through my collection of National Geographic magazines, and one issue caught my eye- the May 2000 issue, because the main article was about Vikings! :D The author delved into the rise and fall of the Vikings, and also explored how a lot of that culture still lived on throughout Scandinavia.

However, that isn't the cool bit, because right after that article, is a supplement called The Mystery Ships From a Danish Bog. Well, that caught my attention! :D And so, I read it. The article was about the ships discovered in Nydam Mose. The author mentions that the bog used to be a lake over a thousand years ago, and he goes on to say that for ancient Danes, lakes were sacred places, and so, they would place offerings in the lakes- including ships! 

And since this particular lake became a bog, all the offerings made in them are remarkably preserved. :)

Why I find this article so cool, is these artifacts give us a glimpse to what life was like in pre-Viking Denmark. Yep, pre-Viking, archaeologists have been able to date these artifacts to the 4th Century CE, several centuries before the first Vikings began raiding Europe.So, this means that the ships found in this bog, were early versions of the famous Viking ships; the only noticeable difference being that the Nydam ships were smaller and had no sails. The article actually goes on to describe one of the ships as the great-great-grandmother of all Viking ships.

That ship is housed in a museum in Schleswig, Germany.

Nydamboat.2.jpg

Overall, I was amazed by this article. When I read Clueless Camping, it always escapes me that Russ is in a country with a deep, rich, and ancient history. This article helped remind me how amazing Denmark is. 

Tim, I hope to one day visit Denmark. :hug: 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 5
28 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Overall, I was amazed by this article. When I read Clueless Camping, it always escapes me that Russ is in a country with a deep, rich, and ancient history. This article helped remind me how amazing Denmark is. 

Tim, I hope to one day visit Denmark. :hug: 

Wow, that's pretty amazing, Drew. I did know about the Nydam boat, and actually Danes are not too happy about it being in Germany, even if it is Slesvig, which is very close to the border. ;) 

I hope you'll one day get the chance to visit Denmark and see all the places mentioned in my story. Until then, you'll have to make do with the links with pictures. 

:thankyou: for posting this. :hug: 

• Like 3