So! as my current story is progressing very well, I have started on my next story and it's very early on in it's progress. And I really thought about if I should share a sneak preview of it and after tossing the idea around in my head and going through what I wrote, I picked two scenes that I felt would be good ones to share, I hope, anyway lol. It's basically a story about reincarnation but I feel like and hope that I put an interesting and unique spin on it, I have decided that high supernatural/fantasy isn't so much my cup of tea, but Defied Reality has been written to it's completion and will be posted to that and this story, safe to say, will lean more towards a drama vibe, it's really a blank slate with a concept and not so much of a direction.

So, I am hoping to see where it goes and I hope it turns out well.

Anyway, here are the two scenes that I picked out and the story should be out and begin pretty soon, so be on the look out for "Rebirth"

Preview Scene 1

"Hi, hi, hi, hi!" Lily ran up the steps, catching Adam with his three other friends as the four stopped and looked at her.

Johnny grinned. "Look who it is. Have you come to grace us with your prescence? Finally see the light?"

Lily ran up to Adam and Johnny, and glared at Johnny. "Funny, I'll never see the light around you, just the darkness of a closed well." She looked at Adam. "I do have a note for you.." She handed him what looked like a single piece of paper, folded into a square.

Adam's eyebrows lifted and he took it. "Thanks. Is this from you?"

"Maybe, or it could be from one of my girl friends." She leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Just check it out..." She then stuck her middle finger up at Johnny. "And you can eat it."

Johnny brought his hand to his chest. "Oh! I'm heart broken! I'm going to fall to my knees!"

Lily laughed as she jogged side ways up the steps, gracefully. "Do that...and you might tumbleweed down the steps for us like a Texas ghost town!" She then spun around and picked up her speed, running into the school building.

"What does it say?" Max asked.

Adam started unfolding the paper, slightly turning his back to the guys. "It's private." He said, picking at it with his index finger and that was when he noticed another page taped to the back of it. His eyes widened and he quickly clamped the back page to the first page to try to keep it together, like a single page.

"Oh come on!" Jared laughed. "Read it before we have to start chanting on the steps."

He read Lily's forged note. "All it says...is, I like you, take that for what it's worth, Lily." He turned around and let the guys see the cover note.

Johnny's eyes narrowed as he wondered why Lily would waste the time to write something like that, track them down, just to give it to Adam. He stared at the note, then as a gust of wind  blew, he saw one of the bottom corners of Shane's note fall loose from it's hold by the tape and watched it fall, though the other two didn't seem to notice.

"I'm going to go...need to process this." Adam then jogged off.

"Wait." Johnny reached an arm out to stop Jared and Max from pursueing him. "That...was a cover note, there was another page taped behind it. I saw a corner fall loose."

Jared looked up and made a face, confused.

"You guys know who Lily hangs with." Johnny said.

"Yeah, the cheerleading squad, some of those free spirit, all peace hippies, that go up into the hills after school, uh...she can be a loner sometimes, oh and she loves the bookies, otherwise known as the geeks, but shes particularly picky, shes not into the science or the science fiction, she actually doesn't like education at all. Um...who else?" Max looked at Jared.

Johnny rolled his eyes up. "Shane, you idiot. He is the only one that she sticks to, the rest are just people she drifts through depending on the mood she is in."

Jared's eyebrows lifted. "You don't think? Why would you think?"

"Well, they were made partners for that assignment, there is no reason for them to communcate secretly like that, we all know they were assigned together and that it was out of their control. So...why hide their communication?" Johnny asked.

Max sighed.

"Lets go." Johnny waved them on and the trio ran for the doors.

Adam stood at his locker after taking the cover note and balling it up and tossing it into his locker for now as he began to read the real note that was meant for him.

Preview Scene 2:

He pulled the directions up on his phone and showed it to Ian. "Just follow the purple line."

"Google Maps, brilliant." Ian chuckled and looked out at the road and sighed. "So, you seem okay...compared to this morning."

Aries looked down at his phone after bringing it down to his lap. "I'm much better." He looked up. "Was it...a good memory for you...Adam?"

Ian slammed on the breaks at a red light, the car behind them blew their horn and he looked over at Aries. "Adam?"

"Well, he got a little shred of what he wanted, right? A small taste." He looked at Ian. "Can you feel him inside of you? Because I think...I can feel Shane."

"You feel Shane?"

"I think he's driving me to do this, call it vengence, call it justice...and while I take great joy in the fun of it, I have no motivation to do it, but he does." Aries looked down at the directions.

"To do what?" Ian asked, highly concerned.

"You will find out, I promise, it's okay." Aries looked over at him. "So...this morning, tell me what Adam felt."

"Nothing, it was just me, at least I think it was me, sometimes I wonder if I can even differentiate." He looked down. "When you pleaded for me to help you, though, he felt, I felt, a deep longing to make you happy, to love you, to touch you..." He shook his head. "Only one of the three could I do." He said, taking a left as the light turned green.

"Do you think he will win?" He looked out of the window. "Do you think Shane will make me do what he wants?"

"They can't control us, Aries, they just have feelings...and thoughts, of course, memories too. None that you've been able to pick up so far." Ian saw the correct street and turned onto it and started eyeing the house numbers.

Aries looked over at Ian and his eyebrows lifted. "I'll just say this much to you, if I were to be in love...you would be a good guy to be in love with...I think." He looked down with a saddened expression. "You made me feel...like...I mattered this morning, like...I was someones world."

Ian stopped at the correct house and then looked over at Aries and put the car into park and his head tilted to the side. "Why are you doing that? All these hypothetical things you say when...I know damn well they are really what you feel, you just don't want to admit it."

Aries looked at Ian and smiled. "I don't know, that's just me." He took his seat belt off. "Now I have to do this." He opened the door and climbed out and shut the door and looked at Ian through the open window. "And you have to go, because you can't know anything yet. I'll be fine."

Ian frowned and then reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet and thumbed through it. "I don't know where all you plan to go...but, I don't want you to have to walk." He handed over two hundred dollars worth of twenties. "All the cash I have on me."

Aries stared at Ian and then looked at the money and slowly took it. "Thanks...I don't know what else to say..."

"Just promise me you'll be safe."

"Do you believe I'm safe at home?" He asked Ian.

Ian looked down at the console. "You're safe at a hotel, away from your step father."

Aries nodded and pushed away from the car, stepping back, watching Ian drive away moments later. He folded the money up and put it in the pocket of his jeans and turned around and looked at the boarding house. "This is it..."

Edited by x Trevor x
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That sounds really interesting! I'll definitely read the story when it's posted (if it's already out, then even better XD). Normally, I'd find a 'reincarnation' idea a bit boring (if you're not yourself then who cares who you are lol) but I really like the 'twist' you added, as you said :D

I'm off to see if 'Rebirth' has been posted yet lol. Good luck with it! :)

• Like 1

That sounds really interesting! I'll definitely read the story when it's posted (if it's already out, then even better XD). Normally, I'd find a 'reincarnation' idea a bit boring (if you're not yourself then who cares who you are lol) but I really like the 'twist' you added, as you said :D

I'm off to see if 'Rebirth' has been posted yet lol. Good luck with it! :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and the compliment. Yes there is an added twist, though I did freak last sunday because I thought my idea was completely original and I watched "Witches of East End" don't know if you watched it, but they did an idea so close to mine it wasn't even funny, of course I found that out after I had already come up with my story and had wrote several chapters in. So I was like "Wtf? They stole my idea!" Though likely they planned way ahead of time as shows do. Though I do promise you this is not a typical reincarnation story, I thought that to be way to boring and had to add a twist to it. It's not out yet as I want to finish posting "Defied Reality" and it only has two or three chapters left that are already written and completed, but as soon as it's posted to completion, Rebirth will begin.

• Like 1

Yes there is an added twist, though I did freak last sunday because I thought my idea was completely original and I watched "Witches of East End" don't know if you watched it, but they did an idea so close to mine it wasn't even funny, of course I found that out after I had already come up with my story and had wrote several chapters in. So I was like "Wtf? They stole my idea!" Though likely they planned way ahead of time as shows do.

Haha as long as your idea was your own, who cares if it's already out there :P. I'm sure it won't take away from the quality of your story :lol:

It's not out yet as I want to finish posting "Defied Reality" and it only has two or three chapters left that are already written and completed, but as soon as it's posted to completion, Rebirth will begin.

Can't wait! :D

• Like 1

Haha as long as your idea was your own, who cares if it's already out there :P. I'm sure it won't take away from the quality of your story :lol:

Can't wait! :D

Thank you! And I can't wait to start posting it. I hope you enjoy it once it's out here, I kinda feel like it's a twisty little tale lmao.

• Like 1