Favorite PS2 games?

I just inherited a PS2 and am wondering what game(s) are the best to get into. Obviously it depends on personal taste but if you have any games you'd like to rave about, I'm all ears. Meaningful storylines and strategy make a game enjoyable for me.

Here are some of the ones that stick out:

Dark Cloud 2 (includes a Town Building element? But might be too cutesy)

Beyond Good and Evil (anthropomorphic beasts, plot with depth, sci fi, photography, apparently similar to Zelda)

ICO Shadow of the Colossus (looks fun, fight big bosses)

FFX (I've beaten at a friends place but worth playing again)

Kingdom Hearts (I think I played this while sick once but can't remember how far I got, something about a library)

Any other ideas?
  • 4 weeks later...

If you like slower games, Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland or A Wonderful Life are pretty good. Raise animals, fall in love, etc. Pretty decent. Kingdom Hearts is a good series, pretty easy to get into the storyline. Radiata stories is a pretty good RPG-type game if you like knights and castles. If you like JRPGs, Tales of the Abyss is really good.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

So I've been playing in this game and I can say that FPS shooters is a great genre for multiplayer games. It reminds me of the times when I've played in Half-life. Moreover I can say that with times I've chosen a MMORPGs since they can give me much more pleasure than I want to feel after a work but I don't like that it's hard to raise the profile level. So I've decided to take an elo boost service that can solve the problem quickly and not expensive.

Edited by emmanuelglover