So, it has been a while, but I thought I post the two links to Clockwise, as the stories belongs to the RRS world and some of you already want to slap/kick Romeo around. There will be two more stories for Clockwise if everything goes well, I already have an idea for the fall anthology.

• Like 1

So, it has been a while, but I thought I post the two links to Clockwise, as the stories belongs to the RRS world and some of you already want to slap/kick Romeo around. There will be two more stories for Clockwise if everything goes well, I already have an idea for the fall anthology.

Can't wait to read the next installment Adi! And yes, I wanted to smack Romeo upside the head. :P he is endearing though :)

• 1 year later...

I read the first page here and was just going to post a comment I forgot to add in my last review when I find my name mentioned! Thanks?

I think I should have skipped the Epilogue. I would have been happier with the ending. But I'm definitely in the minority!  ;-)

What I forgot to mention earlier was that I was told the real reason why all those tennis shoes are tossed over the electric & telephone wires: it's an advertisement that there's a drug dealer in the neighborhood. That's why they're so common in my current city and relatively uncommon in suburbs. Some undercover cop is going to be searching in vain for the new drug dealer!

Ahh, Gary, I guess it's hard for someone like you, who is eminent at reading between the lines, to understand what life is like for people with blunt antennae. :no:

I've pissed off more than one friend (guys and girls) by being totally oblivious to how they were feeling, until I learnt to tell them: "If you're feeling down or need help, tell me. But don't expect me to notice by myself."

More than one person has later said to me: "You are one of the most caring, loyal, helpful persons I know - once you find out that something is wrong. But you sure weren't joking about needing to be told !"

I have a difficult time identifying my own emotions. I have an even worse problem reading other people's emotions.

I have a friend who I met when I was homeless. She has a long history of being physically and emotionally abused. For some reason we just connected. I felt like I understood her on a very deep level.

Her boyfriend (and apparently they're still together 5 years later) is emotionally abusive. I was sitting across a pair of desks from my friends and I noticed she was cringing as she looked up at his face while they were supposed to be watching a movie on his computer. I didn't want to confront her publicly, so I texted her asking if she realized she was cringing. She told me she wasn't aware of what she was doing.

Her kids had been taken away from her and placed in foster care. She would get to see them infrequently. When she would get back to the Shelter after having seen them, she would always be very happy. But her boyfriend would start telling her all the things she did wrong. Why didn't she demand this or that. What didn't she ask the question he wanted her to ask. Why, why, why. He is clearly very assertive, but she is not, She could never confront someone or challenge them. She was much too shy. And she'd start getting upset and he'd never notice since he's oblivious to other people's emotions and feelings. I'd see all that and I decided I needed to cheer her up, so I'd ask her about her kids. I'd remind her what she felt like when she saw them. I'd try to counteract the effects of his interrogation. And, of course, he'd never notice even though he was sitting right there the whole time!

Edited by Former Member

Um... Door#23....

Just in case we didn't recognize Noah Jonah and Ren in their holiday disguises?  ;-)

Edit: I've been reading too many stories at the same time! All the names and situations are starting to blend together – I knew it was one of those Biblical names. Not bad for an Agnostic!

Edited by Former Member