Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm. :D

I also have a theory as to who Killer could be. :)

I've read the reviews, and I've read the thread. Somebody was right the first time. The only difference is, at the time the guess was made there was no proof to justify the guess. Now, it's there - somebody else has pointed to it without realizing it. ;)

• Like 1

Wait. What now?

What evidence? I'm willing to believe that the orange-haired guy is the murder client rather than the actual person who slipped Samuel the drug.  BUT, but but but, if another individual actually spiked the drink, then that individual would surely have been recognized after the fact by the restaurant staff, even without realizing that they'd done anything wrong, and someone would've commented on it when they returned on innocuous business, right? And no one did.

Edit: Furthermore, look at this:

What bothered him was how that one person at the restaurant looked at him so funny, like they could see through the disguise and if he was there tonight, would he be recognized?

And this from Ch1:

Brody looked over at the guy with the orange hair and tilted his head, looking at him carefully.  He knew the guy from somewhere.  He could swear.

Which definitely raises questions about where Brody knows him from. Client or operative, Orange Hair is bad news.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

A clue? Okay. We know someone hired Killer to slip someone something. Killer had to have been at the Humble Braggart to do so. Has there been a murder yet? We dont know. Sure, Brody thought Vic looked familiar but how so? Here is the clue. Kat knows something important. No one has asked her anything yet because where is the crime? And, what did Killer stuff into that box?

It is a mystery. I will offer more clues at a later date. Lets see what happens next ;)

• Like 2

Edit: Furthermore, look at this:

And this from Ch1:

Which definitely raises questions about where Brody knows him from. Client or operative, Orange Hair is bad news.

This is what makes me think Vic and Killer are one and the same. That and the reference to the "new guy" at the restaurant who doesn't show in Ch. 3.

Can't be Kevin or Trey, Killer refused to go back in Ch. 3 and both turned up there.

As to a throttling smiley - wouldn't this do? :fight:

• Like 2

This is what makes me think Vic and Killer are one and the same. That and the reference to the "new guy" at the restaurant who doesn't show in Ch. 3.

Can't be Kevin or Trey, Killer refused to go back in Ch. 3 and both turned up there. 

As to a throttling smiley - wouldn't this do? :fight:

No thank you, because I want to throttle Kitt while she holds still, and the slapfest smileys are both moving  :P

But look, if 

Vic and Killer are one and the same, then why does Killer make such a point of having lovely brown hair? Damien has brown hair, right? And disappears at odd times? And he's broken up with his boyfriend but he was taking his boyfriend lunch? But surely he couldn't put on a wig and go unrecognized all of a sudden?

• Like 2

:( guess I should just stay quiet. Playing to the limit of what has been posted seems to upset people.  And my comment was strictly within information you guys do have!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 1

Just finished Chapter 2--running a bit behind because of writing my own story...but I have to say that Trey isn't looking attractive to me--I'd prefer Brent and Brody being together.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I had sympathy for Kevin in Button...he seemed to get the wrong end of the stick no matter what he did.  I really hope he isn't 'Killer'! I'd like to see him straighten himself out and find someone to love and be loved by.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I had sympathy for Kevin in Button...he seemed to get the wrong end of the stick no matter what he did.  I really hope he isn't 'Killer'! I'd like to see him straighten himself out and find someone to love and be loved by.

I agree, I really want Kevin to get better and have things work out for him.

• Like 1

Kevin was a very unsympathetic character in Button. He was self centered ass, who was a bully and a terrible friend and by tale's end, an absolute mess. What I see now is someone who has paid the price...mentally, emotionally and physically. He hit absolute rock bottom and is just struggling to get through each day. How can we not root for him to climb out of his darkness and back into the light. The humanity in me wishes for him to reclaim his. It is unthinkable to kick someone when they are down and I think that is why we want to see him redeemed. Cheers all...Gary

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1

I've already been thinking of Kevin and Killer as two separate people. If anything, could Kevin's Tina-using ex fit into this picture, and if so, where? Not sure Killer is the ex...that seems like a development that would be all too easy.

And then there's Killer's employer......or is it employer-slash-dealer? :P

• Like 2

This is a list morning for me.

1) I'm all sad for Sam's husband and can't enjoy the mystery today.

2) How could you, Cole? I'm was in college on the cusp of the 90s and I love Eternity. I have such good memories of that scent. How could you give it to Damien? 

3) Hmmm. Is Mirabelle a flight risk?

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Irri, I'm sorry you're sad. Dealing with death isnt easy. Mir is struggling with some things. She is young and it is hard dealing with a big transition like this. Damien has good taste. He is high maintenance though and so that shouldnt be a surprise.

• Like 1

This is a list morning for me.

1) I'm all sad for Sam's husband and can't enjoy the mystery today.

2) How could you, Cole? I'm was in college on the cusp of the 90s and I love Eternity. I have such good memories of that scent. How could you give it to Damien? 

3) Hmmm. Is Mirabelle a flight risk?

1) That was heartbreaking...I didn't really want to find out that he had died that way...however, it was very moving

2) I occasionally still wear Eternity as does one of my sons...right now prefer -- Terre D'Hermes which has nothing to do with anything...

3) I was kind of getting that vibe myself...

• Like 2

2) I occasionally still wear Eternity as does one of my sons...right now prefer -- Terre D'Hermes which has nothing to do with anything...

The ONE (1) out gay guy in our dorm in 1992 was really sweet to me and absolutely soaked himself in Eternity, which fortunately worked extremely well with his body chemistry. That entire end of the hall smelled wonderful. Around that time I was working with Gap Grass (ok), and then later CK Be (a serious mistake). We were in writing workshop together... now that I think of it, he wrote the first M/M love scene I ever critiqued. I've tried to find him several times over the years and failed.  I wore Rochas Tocade today because it's so utterly not Eternity and doesn't make me miss him.

So where was I... Clearly Damien has a guilty conscience. But did he hire Killer or is he Killer?

I love this insight into Lloyd:

Mary talked with him about things.  She argued with him, didn’t talk down to him or degrade him.  Mary made him feel like a man again, her father not an invalid, a nothing.  She was as high strung as he was and when he’d get her going it felt so good.  It drove her away, bit by bit though.  She started coming by less and less.  He knew it was because he goaded her and drove her up the wall.

He couldn’t stop himself.  Those were the only times he felt completely alive.  Now she was only coming by about once a month for a visit.  Lloyd tried to be friendlier and less combative but the look in her eye was wary. 

Nicely done, Cole. I think we all know a family where there are two people who do that to each other. In mine I'm afraid it's me and my mom.

Edit: Yikes. Grass came out in 1994 and be in 1996. I have NO idea what I was wearing in 1992. I'm guessing some kind of patchouli.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

The ONE (1) out gay guy in our dorm in 1992 was really sweet to me and absolutely soaked himself in Eternity, which fortunately worked extremely well with his body chemistry. That entire end of the hall smelled wonderful. Around that time I was working with Gap Grass (ok), and then later CK Be (a serious mistake). We were in writing workshop together... now that I think of it, he wrote the first M/M love scene I ever critiqued. I've tried to find him several times over the years and failed.  I wore Rochas Tocade today because it's so utterly not Eternity and doesn't make me miss him.

So where was I... Clearly Damien has a guilty conscience. But did he hire Killer or is he Killer?

I love this insight into Lloyd:

Nicely done, Cole. I think we all know a family where there are two people who do that to each other. In mine I'm afraid it's me and my mom.

I was a real CK guy for quite a while...also wore Escape and Obsession(smells really spicy on me) but the only one I replenish now is Eternity...switched to D&G original for quite a while and still wear it fairly often....Good question about Damien..Don"t think he is Killer just because Killer seems just too weird to hold down a steady job...but maybe his boyfriend hired Killer...I don't have anyone in my family like Lloyd(although there is tension between me and a brother) but I know a couple of deliberately abrasive old bastards who enjoy pissing people off..it is both amusing and annoying. The thing is, if you call them on it, they can take it as well as they give it. I agree that as a character study, it WAS nicely done. He adds interest to the story much like Kendra does in the Roy and Chad saga so I hope we keep seeing him around...Cheers...Gary

• Like 2