Ok - under normal circumstances I would not participate in this convo because I know more than you guys do - but since my comment concerns something that happened several chapters ago, I get to play just a little bit too!

Not sure about Damien's disappearance, unless he was Doug's accomplice. The staff said he had a new older boyfriend. Damien would also have hired Killer and tipped Doug off about Grady's investigation. Edit: Can one man lift a dead body into a dumpster by himself?

I am also wondering if Doug's dying sister is Stuart's wife, although he said she was in Denver. And Stuart is hired as the new "property manager"; that sounds ominous. :/  I really want to know what Ian remembered about Sam. :yes:

While Damian may be in the conspiracy up to his eyeballs, he could not have tipped the killer off to Grady's investigation into Sam's death. Damian was already among the missing the day Grady turned up asking questions, had not shown for his am shift. That is why Nikki gave him Damian's card and got one of Grady's.  Cole needed some way to lead the cops back to the Humble Braggart and the bosses card in his pocket was it.

Altho he said his dying sister was in Denver, you can't take it as gospel. If Doug is the murderer, a quick change of venue would be a good idea, and I seriously doubt a man that is behind at least 3 and possibly 4 murders would draw the line at telling a lie!

• Like 2

While Damian may be in the conspiracy up to his eyeballs, he could not have tipped the killer off to Grady's investigation into Sam's death. Damian was already among the missing the day Grady turned up asking questions, had not shown for his am shift. That is why Nikki gave him Damian's card and got one of Grady's. Cole needed some way to lead the cops back to the Humble Braggart and the bosses card in his pocket was it.

Altho he said his dying sister was in Denver, you can't take it as gospel. If Doug is the murderer, a quick change of venue would be a good idea, and I seriously doubt a man that is behind at least 3 and possibly 4 murders would draw the line at telling a lie!

Ah, but Nikki spoke to him on the phone while Grady was in the bar. She asked him about the reporter and thought he sounded evasive.

The best lies are the ones based on truth. I do think there is a dying sister but I don't think she is in Denver. Doug might not even be going to Colorado. Maybe what Ian remembered is that Sam owned the ranch?

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

Talk about chicken soup for the writer's soul! I woke up all sniffly and coughing and read people discussing my plot points. I also had a review about how I transformed Mirabelle! That's what I wanted to do. Give readers a murder mystery that slowly revealed itself as the main characters grew and changed! Yeah! Thank you so much. More to come but what an awesome gift you've given me so far. :)

• Like 1

I was wondering why agent Romer thought Stuart couldn't be the murderer because of the 'signature'. If he has been murdering by proxy up till now, the signature belonged to Killer (or whoever he used). But if Stuart suddenly took matters in his own hands, then he might have his own and different signature.

• Like 3

Tim is absolutely right. There is no way to know if Stuart is not guilty due to the signature idea alone. Rush may be wrong and someone could die because of it. We wont know until the end. However, at this point, Rush Doesnt think Stuart killed Kyle or Grady.

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...