Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

I hope the nose bleed isn't a symptom of high blood pressure!  I have that, and am on a med for it, so it's under control...but I did get those once in a while before then.  Hmm, the blacksmith...thinking of you and horses--what was that line about horses again?  :P

No rush, dear friend...get him to sharpen your axe while he's there!

• Like 3

I hope the nose bleed isn't a symptom of high blood pressure!  I have that, and am on a med for it, so it's under control...but I did get those once in a while before then.  Hmm, the blacksmith...thinking of you and horses--what was that line about horses again?  :P

No rush, dear friend...get him to sharpen your axe while he's there!

It's back in your box, buddy... all done... a couple of title suggestions... might have more in a bit... or not... great chapter xoxo

• Like 2

I may be wrong, but I think the mighty axe can also paste on some words...it seems longer now.  :D

Yeah, guilty... I added some here and there... nothing that really changed anything, though....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I started Chapter 50 tonight...just in time to occupy myself during tomorrow's update.  Not much else to do since I'm caught up at Nifty with the stories I follow there.  Been reading a couple at Awesome Dude on Ivor's recommendations, but I'm caught up on those too.  Sigh.

Time for meds and snack, then I guess I'll nap, or work on Geron's latest chapter some more--that's fun, but I'm trying to save it for the downtime too.

I wrote a short story which is in AC's hands now, waiting to appear on here for a special project, but I don't know when that will post.  I've also had an idea for the Spring Anthology, but haven't begun it yet.  It came to me as I was drowsing, almost fully blown.

Happy Updating--may see you after if the bugs don't get us!  :D

• Like 2

LOL - that's why Germany carries a sausage in the SATW comics. https://satwcomic.com/no-invitation

Humon has this comment:

I've read that when Germans go to America they often get yelled at and called Nazis. Most people here are way beyond that because we live right next to them and see them quite often. Instead our German stereotype is a loud guy with really bad hair and clothes, who loves sausages. 
My father’s sister married a German, so I did everything in my power not to make the character look like him.  :funny: 
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, I missed some entries here--I don't recall getting notices for this until today!

I'm definitely a German, with all the brats I eat...and I have to admit to unruly hair too!  :P 

Working on Chapter 50--been getting distracted by GA problems and stories...but I'm resolving to work on it now.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
duplicate
  • Like 2

Well this has been a wasted day for writing so far!

I answered a  review by Geron, then checked the entry page and found the character page didn't link right, so eventually got that fixed, and the other links...and somehow the story lost it's tags, which I had to restore...AND THEN the story unpublished, so I had to fix THAT....so, it looks like things are working again.

I also found out my signature wasn't working, so fixed that...stupid idea to move some pics off-site, so it wasn't showing up as the right link!

• Like 2

Okay, after a nap, I'm in a better mood, and that was helped when I found out I can edit my chapters again--so that means going back and fixing my picture links which were all screwed up!  Please ignore the chapter update notices--I just fixed the pics in the first ten--and I'm not going to do them all at once.  Y'all lucked out because there's a huge stretch with no pics to fix after my surgeries last year.  :D

Writing today, honest to god!

• Like 1

btw, I think you need to do another edit to Jay's Sister. You have him (bold) and her (italics) speaking in the same paragraph, and normally you'd need a new paragraph for a new speaker. I would break before the words Jay’s sister waved

“It’s only for pizza, for Chrissakes!  He’s a nice guy, and…” Jay’s sister waved that aside with one hand.  “He’s not even in 4-H!  He isn’t in any groups except Art Club...I heard he got switched out of Algebra Two so he could take Poetry!  What sort of guy does that?”

In addition, you have two extra lines between each paragraph, which necessitates a lot of extra scrolling. 

(go look at Date Day chapter, that has the perfect spacing)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

.AND THEN the story unpublished, so I had to fix THAT....so, it looks like things are working again.

An interesting side-effect of your story unpublishing is that it's now listed as the Latest story on the Forum and Stories main pages.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

btw, I think you need to do another edit to Jay's Sister. You have him (bold) and her (italics) speaking in the same paragraph, and normally you'd need a new paragraph for a new speaker. I would break before the words Jay’s sister waved

“It’s only for pizza, for Chrissakes!  He’s a nice guy, and…” Jay’s sister waved that aside with one hand.  “He’s not even in 4-H!  He isn’t in any groups except Art Club...I heard he got switched out of Algebra Two so he could take Poetry!  What sort of guy does that?”

In addition, you have two extra lines between each paragraph, which necessitates a lot of extra scrolling. 

(go look at Date Day chapter, that has the perfect spacing)

Thanks, Tim...the early chapters were all done on different programs, and things didn't seem to work the same...I should have fixed all that when I took out the manually inserted paragraph indents.  :)

I'll fix the dual speakers in one paragraph too...I did that once or twice early on before G-Man came onboard!

Tusind tak!

• Like 2

Had a doctor's appointment Wednesday afternoon with the eye surgeon...she said everything looks good: no more fluid leakage since the laser surgery last time...in fact it seems to have diminished in size.  I'm back on the eye drop for pressure in that eye since it went up a few points to 27.  Images taken showed all is well.

Working on Chapter 50 still...been a crappy week or so with red-tape to untangle, which took all day yesterday with my friend Mike...only to hear I didn't need to run to the second place the first one sent me to...after a four hour wait to be seen!

I need my Jay fix...so I'm going to write tonight and tomorrow!

GRRRR.

P.S.: Oh--Jay is now starting to appear at IOMFATS!

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news, everyone!

Just sent Chapter 50 to G-Man...it's about 5900 words at this point, so we'll see how it goes, and maybe he can think of a better title than my 'Seeds of Doubt'....

What's it about?  :X 

• Like 2

Oh--by the way, I want to apologize to all my Readers out there!

As far as I know--and I tried fixing one Saturday--the pics show up in Edit mode, but not in the Save mode, and none of the song or vid links work either.  No idea when it will be fixed...sorry you have to hunt them down yourself.  The Upgrade has caused a lot of problems, and I know these things take time, so I am hoping for a remedy soon.  Fingers crossed!

Myr and the Programmer/Hunters are doing their best to round up all the pesky bugs.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Good news, everyone!

Just sent Chapter 50 to G-Man...it's about 5900 words at this point, so we'll see how it goes, and maybe he can think of a better title than my 'Seeds of Doubt'....

What's it about?  :X 

I'll get to it as soon as I can, buddy, but my poor eyes need a rest... Morningstar Monday :) 

• Like 1

G-Man is very sick, so lets all send him good vibes.  I don't dare post without him since he makes my story a zillion times better...guess I'll work on a Three Worlds piece, or just read.  Windy and chilly today...it's been a 'wonderful' May so far.

• Like 3