Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

4 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Tak, min ven!  It looks like you changed your pic, and what's up with the signature pic for somebody else?

@Slytherin gave me a profile pic of Denmark from SATW so I'm using that from now on. :2thumbs:

You can see the reason for the signature banner here:

and

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Yes I really like your new avatar, Timothy *cheers*happytim.jpg.fd1a25e14d789637b877df42302e0fa8.jpg   Now that was weird :unsure2:  Is that Sweden or Norway..norwaysweden.jpg.0cf3ea7a24eb46ac813b90a5ebba7876.jpg Where is that evil twat Sweden ??

I found him            loserlbo.jpg.4106980fdfbe9d6df754218cc8c9900f.jpg                  :funny:   very off topic, sorry, I couldn't resist 0:)

Sorry tried to add Pictures, they disappeared.. brb

Edited by Slytherin
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Had an appointment yesterday with my regular doctor--just a follow-up.  They drew some blood, listened to my heart, lungs and did blood pressure...the usual.  Then Mike and I had pizza for lunch before he went to work.  They gave me scripts for a new glucose meter and a bp cuff to use at home...I forgot about them and left them in Mike's car when I got home.  Senility at work I guess.

Writing is moving right along on Chapter 51, length has doubled again!  :)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Had an appointment yesterday with my regular doctor--just a follow-up.  They drew some blood, listened to my heart, lungs and did blood pressure...the usual.  Then Mike and I had pizza for lunch before he went to work.  They gave me scripts for a new glucose meter and a bp cuff to use at home...I forgot about them and left them in Mike's car when I got home.  Senility at work I guess.

Writing is moving right along on Chapter 51, length has doubled again!  :)

Doubled length? Should I be worried? ;) 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Just sent Chapter 51 off to Gary...not a magnum opus, but it is 6600 words to weed through.  Have to see what he trims as there's a section which really needs work.  :)

Chop, chop, chop...

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Just sent Chapter 51 off to Gary...not a magnum opus, but it is 6600 words to weed through.  Have to see what he trims as there's a section which really needs work.  :)

Chop, chop, chop...

Okay... got it, buddy... I'll start it as soon as I have my chores done tomorrow :)  Good night, dear friend xoxo

• Like 4
16 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Yep, gotta make sure that axe is nice and sharp... :P

Okay, buddy... I sent it back... hope it suits you :)  Please let me know you received it ASAP...  Great chapter, my friend xoxoxo

• Like 2

I see I've picked up more followers--I want to thank each one of you for liking my story enough to sign up!  I can't send each one of you a personal note now, as much as I'd want, so I'll do it via this forum.

I answer every single review and comment--if I've missed one, please let me know where it is, and I'll do it right away.  I don't always catch things right away since my surgeries, so if you haven't heard anything from me--tell me please! 

:hug: to you all, and :thankyou: for reading my efforts.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Had my vision appointment today...things are looking good, pressure is normal, maybe even a tiny bit of improvement in the vision.  Next one in early January.  Back to writing!  :)

Awesome, buddy :D  :D  :D  xoxoxoxoox

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I asked her today about something that's been bothering me: A1C levels seem to keep changing what is considered good.  If I remember right when I was first diagnosed, 7 or 8 was considered good-well, mine was at 11, so I knew that was very bad (this was almost fifteen years ago)... I told her today that it seems the preferred levels now are 4-5, which seems impossible to reach to me after a lot of work to get mine down to 7.1...she said that for vision problems to become less of a factor, they liked to see levels in the 6 range, and I was SO close she urged me to try just a bit harder.

One funny part that's always irked me was the main way they would check was to ask how many fingers they were holding up--in addition to pressure readings and views of the interior of the eye.  Well, that for me depends on the contrast I see them against and it's not always easy to tell, so today I said it would be better if I could read something since I could read a 15 point font on my pc, with most pages set at 100-110%.  The intern handed me a small card with lines of numbers and I got down to the fourth row.  Not bad I guess since it was black on a white background, which is a problem and why my pc is set to reverse those colors in high contrast mode.

• Like 3

Today has been a good day for Jayland--the first section of Chapter 52 is done!  Two more to go, and I know who's telling those parts, and even have some idea of where they'll go--I'm Miles ahead of the game this time.  :P

Even read an awesome story by Geron in the afternoon....

• Like 5