Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Guys...I don't know what to say--for some reason unbeknownst to me anyway--Chapter 52 is moving at a nice clip right now after days of musing.  I can't tell you why this section of it is so difficult-- :X --but it seems like I might be 'channeling' someone now who wants to get a story across.  That will leave one (third) section to go, and that will be easy as pie.  I can picture G-Man getting his axe on this one in a few days!

Have a drink on me, smoke 'em if you got 'em... :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just sent Chapter 52 along to Gary The Axe...it didn't quite make 7k words, so I asked him to fix it--whether that means it'll reach that mark, or fall even shorter is anyone's guess.  :P

This one had a section that was very hard to write for me...  :X

• Like 4
Just now, ColumbusGuy said:

Just sent Chapter 52 along to Gary The Axe...it didn't quite make 7k words, so I asked him to fix it--whether that means it'll reach that mark, or fall even shorter is anyone's guess.  :P

:2thumbs: to the first part

:hug:  for the rest.

Loved you contribution the the anniversary blog.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Okay, buddy. I'm on it. You sent it to the wrong gmail account, but that's okay :) 

• Like 2

Dang, now I remember you sending me another address there, but it didn't show when I typed in 'G'...use it to return my chapter so I'll have it again!

Oh, of course I found an omission after I sent it to you--I'll see if you spot it--I'll need to fix it, but at least a few words will take care of it.  So maybe I'll hit 7k after all.  :P

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Chapter 53 will begin this week, and we'll see what Jay has planned for his celebration...probably Finn and Lee's movie date too.  I'd have started already, but am working on a short story set in an alternate world, but even that got derailed when I came down with either the flu or something equally vicious which kept me in the bathroom for three days not knowing which end was up, and getting no sleep on top of that.  Yesterday I was feeling a little better, and wrote a little of the AH story, today I feel about the same, still tired and worn out, but I'm on the mend.

I'm hoping 53 will be out on the 14th for the third JM anniversary...fingers crossed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
18 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Hey Guys,

Chapter 53 will begin this week, and we'll see what Jay has planned for his celebration...probably Finn and Lee's movie date too.  I'd have started already, but am working on a short story set in an alternate world, but even that got derailed when I came down with either the flu or something equally vicious which kept me in the bathroom for three days not knowing which end was up, and getting no sleep on top of that.  Yesterday I was feeling a little better, and wrote a little of the AH story, today I feel about the same, still tired and worn out, but I'm on the mend.

I'm hoping 53 will be out on the 14th for the third JM anniversary...fingers crossed.

Don't worry about deadlines... take care of yourself, my dear friend :heart: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Darn my evil brain anyway...Chapter 53 is going good, just not in the direction I had thought it would!   You sit down to write, and some force inside you grabs your hands and makes things come out that weren't in the plan...Yes, the 'anniversary' will be there, and the trip to the drive-in for Finn and Lee...but there's a detour first by someone we haven't heard from in a while.

Sigh.  :)

Update: first section is done after some pictures just flowed onto the screen...now it's time for the ones I'd planned from the start!

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

...but there's a detour first by someone we haven't heard from in a while.

Sigh.  :)

So, Now I am wondering.........Who?   If it is someone we have actually "heard" from I am thinking Sam or Mikkel.  If not it could be either Jerry or even Timmy Zane.  Or could it even be Miles's parents????

This is just idle speculation on my part, please do not feel the need to answer.....I am more than willing to wait for the chapter and the surprise.  Thanks CG....

• Like 4

I always seem to do this at weird times!  Just sent 53 off to Gary, and it's a bit longer than usual at 10.3k words, so it might take longer for him to get it back.  Timothy M was a huge help with his Danish this time, so give him a cheer too.

:heart:   :hug:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

I always seem to do this at weird times!  Just sent 53 off to Gary, and it's a bit longer than usual at 10.3k words, so it might take longer for him to get it back.  Timothy M was a huge help with his Danish this time, so give him a cheer too.

:heart:   :hug:

Hey, buddy... just want you to know I've been working away, but I'm only about halfway through... I'll keep going till I'm done :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, buddy... just want you to know I've been working away, but I'm only about halfway through... I'll keep going till I'm done :) 

Just a strange coincidence, but when I went to write on my alternate history story this morning, I noticed it was one word short of being half the length of 53...I have no idea yet if that one will be as long since it keeps changing when I see a new scene in my head--but at least you've already seen part of that.  :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Just a strange coincidence, but when I went to write on my alternate history story this morning, I noticed it was one word short of being half the length of 53...I have no idea yet if that one will be as long since it keeps changing when I see a new scene in my head--but at least you've already seen part of that.  :)

Okay... all done... please let me know right away that you received it. buddy :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Almost forgot, I have an appointment Friday at OSU's Low Vision Center to see what sort of glasses I might need.  Technically I don't need my old ones since the new lens is supposed to be right based on measurements when they did the surgery, but I'm thinking something for reading might be nice.  I was told it will take two hours to do tests and things, then I need to go somewhere and get the glasses done.  I have no clue what they'll find out.  But so far as I can tell there haven't been any changes to my vision since August, and my next appointment for that is in mid-January.

Now I have to think what else goes into 54 besides Anniversary Part II.  :)

• Like 4

Doctor's appointment went great.  About two hours, and I came home with a bag of new tech.  And I'll be getting some new glasses mainly for reading that won't cost me anything when I said I have no secondary insurance.  The Low-Vision Clinic is linked to some groups that supply things for people in my circumstances, though the designs aren't the full range you'd find at an optician's store, she found ones very close to the style I have now in metal frames.

The new tech she gave me is an older model of something used to read mail and other stuff via a camera and screen, called a CCTV reader.  New ones you can pay between $200-$3,000 for.  She had a new one in her office which had me reading something she put under the camera which I wouldn't have been able to do with my own eyes as the text in most mail is too small, and the white background blurs out the text.  This thing you can magnify the text size as you move it on the page, and you can choose different contrasts--including white text on black for the display, which was perfect!  She set the older one up to test it, and showed me how it worked, and said she had kept it around because it worked fine even if it wasn't as slick as the new ones, and she hoped she'd find someone who could use it.  That was me!  I think it can be hooked up to a television if you want, or perhaps a computer, but she's not positive about that.  It comes with it's own screen about 15 inches across, which worked for me, so not sure if I'll try hooking it up differently.  Need to ask my local pc guru Mike about that, since the big one Derik is in California.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1