Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

1 hour ago, ColumbusGuy said:

So the furnace guys showed up?  I'd hate to picture you huddled on a stool wrapped up in woollen robes scribbling by the light of a single candle like some medieval monk!  :)   Worse still, like poor Bob Cratchit....

Yeah, the furnace still worked fine, but it was making a noise... I was warm the whole time. :)  Cratchit? Seriously? :P 

So, I just finished and sent your chapter back with one title suggestion... please let me know right away that you received it, so I can relax. :) 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Wow, lay down to listen to my original again, and the new and improved one shows up while I accidentally nap.  :)

Just checking it over now...I never have problems with G-Man's suggestions, as he well knows.  It's just been so long he must be nervous... :P  :hug:  :kiss:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G-Man, you did it again!  You made things much better.  I have to say your title was better than mine, but as I was about to type it in, a little variation hit me, so I hope you like it.  I never would have had it without yours!  :hug:  :heart:  :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm eager to hear what my two superheroes think of my efforts.  The boys are resting after a night of healthy activity, so they'll be bright eyed and bushy-tailed when you let them know how they did.

So, Robin got bored sitting around Wayne Manor with Aunt Harriet and Alfred?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm still here--working on a Tales of Three Worlds chapter, and also just started Chapter 55 for our boys in Ohio.

Joy of joys, Tuesday (my birthday) I have my appointment to fit my partial--no drilling, no shots, no extractions...so at least that's something.  I never did like the dentist, but at least the one I have now tries to make it as pain-free as possible.  Judging from my older sisters, I didn't get all the bad dental genes like them, but a good amount.  Mom's side, of course...sigh.  :)   Despite being German, my dad's genes lost the war on most fronts except the height and bone structure....

Not that I'm complaining...okay, I am...nothing to be done about it now until somebody invents the nano-bots from Tales!

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry about the dental stuff, but hope it's painfree.

If I'm not around on Tuesday: Tillykke med fødselsdagen :hug: 

Just doing a quick visit to congratulate you on the actual day. :kiss: 

Edited by Timothy M.
It's your birthday !
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2018 at 6:26 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Hey, I'm still here--working on a Tales of Three Worlds chapter, and also just started Chapter 55 for our boys in Ohio.

Joy of joys, Tuesday (my birthday) I have my appointment to fit my partial--no drilling, no shots, no extractions...so at least that's something.  I never did like the dentist, but at least the one I have now tries to make it as pain-free as possible.  Judging from my older sisters, I didn't get all the bad dental genes like them, but a good amount.  Mom's side, of course...sigh.  :)   Despite being German, my dad's genes lost the war on most fronts except the height and bone structure....

Not that I'm complaining...okay, I am...nothing to be done about it now until somebody invents the nano-bots from Tales!

I hope the dentist appointment went well... I just wanted to wish you...

Image result for birthday vintage images

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Okay, it's been a little while, but I'm here to let you know that Chapter 55 is moving along at last.  I had a problem with Win10's latest update yesterday, and got it sorted out this evening.  It screwed with my narration software and I was left with that seriously annoying yet nearly incomprehensible Microsoft robot voice that prevented me from doing any reading...so I wrote a bit.

Now that the problem is fixed, no thanks to Microsoft, I can once more listen to my British narrator as it also reads my typing...so I'm on a roll with the new chapter!  Part of my earlier distraction was reading the stories by Sequoyal and most recently David Lee...now it's time for me to take up the pixellated cursor again.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Had my visit with the eye doctor today, a follow-up, but she also did some laser work for something she saw last time that wasn't urgent or serious--a little bubble or cloud near the lens that only took a few minutes to fix and it should help a bit more.  On a new eyedrop for a week to keep down chances of infection, and a second one for the pressure in the eye to aid the drop I'm already on.  That one may be temporary too, just depends on the pressure readings in future.  She'd like to see them in the 'teens', and today's was 23 which was just a bit higher than she liked.  Next visit a month from today.

Pictures of the eye interior looked great, so all seems to be going well.  :)

Back to writing!

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Had my visit with the eye doctor today, a follow-up, but she also did some laser work for something she saw last time that wasn't urgent or serious--a little bubble or cloud near the lens that only took a few minutes to fix and it should help a bit more.  On a new eyedrop for a week to keep down chances of infection, and a second one for the pressure in the eye to aid the drop I'm already on.  That one may be temporary too, just depends on the pressure readings in future.  She'd like to see them in the 'teens', and today's was 23 which was just a bit higher than she liked.  Next visit a month from today.

Back to writing!

Awesome news, my friend. :hug:  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Great to know your eye sight is staying satisfactory. Don't strain your eye by writing, we can wait for the next chapter till you're ready.

No worries, min ven--only stress came from being in the waiting room.  :P   Two hours plus at the clinic, say ten minutes for the initial update, ten for the eye pics,  ten for her review of them with me and another ten for the laser...all the rest was sitting around doing nothing...and starving since I didn't eat before going.  Picked up sandwiches on the way home.

I've gotten lazy because I don't always follow along with my narrator as I devour stories, but if I lay down doing that I can fall asleep!

Will do more on 55 today now that the eye stuff is done.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Back to writing!

I too am glad things went well for you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm lazy I admit it, and got distracted reading some authors online that were new to me.  One reader elsewhere commented that my stories reminded him of David Lee, so I had to check it out...and while there are some similarities, I got hooked on his stories and had to read all he has posted on the internet.

I'm still working on 55, never fear, and hope it will be sent off to G-Man soon.  I had two scenes in my head I wanted to put in, and couldn't find a way to link them until a few days ago.

In other news, I had an appointment today with my eye surgeon.  The two drops she has me on for pressure in my eye are working well, and she said the images of my eye looked nice and clear, but she wasn't entirely happy with the results of the laser surgery she did in her office last month--it seems the area she worked on was covering part of my pupil, and she decided to do more to reduce it even more....so I'm back on the anti-infection drop for another week, and see her again toward the end of July.  I think this new round has improved it a bit, so fingers crossed.

You'll be glad to know I'm running out of reading distractions!  :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Hey guys, I'm lazy I admit it, and got distracted reading some authors online that were new to me.  One reader elsewhere commented that my stories reminded him of David Lee, so I had to check it out...and while there are some similarities, I got hooked on his stories and had to read all he has posted on the internet.

I'm still working on 55, never fear, and hope it will be sent off to G-Man soon.  I had two scenes in my head I wanted to put in, and couldn't find a way to link them until a few days ago.

In other news, I had an appointment today with my eye surgeon.  The two drops she has me on for pressure in my eye are working well, and she said the images of my eye looked nice and clear, but she wasn't entirely happy with the results of the laser surgery she did in her office last month--it seems the area she worked on was covering part of my pupil, and she decided to do more to reduce it even more....so I'm back on the anti-infection drop for another week, and see her again toward the end of July.  I think this new round has improved it a bit, so fingers crossed.

You'll be glad to know I'm running out of reading distractions!  :hug: 

Awesome news about your eyes, buddy. :D  I've been taking a little break from writing... I'm kind of worn out, so I've been busy getting stuff done around the farm. It's been good for me because I've been accomplishing a lot. I'm here when you're ready. :hug:  :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ColumbusGuy said:

This is off-topic, but while I was having trouble fitting JM together, I got half a chapter of 'Tales' done and it may be up by Monday...we learn a bit more about the visit to the Triad Board....

It's OK to talk about more than one story in a topic. I asked Myr, and he said you can have one topic for all your stories, but each story can only have one topic. I'm thrilled to hear about the possibility of a Triad Tales chapter. 

Held og lykke fra Danmark (on the improved eyesight)

• Love 2

Tusind tak, min ven!  It's nowhere near pre-2016 levels, but at least I can still read online and write when y'all aren't doing things like publishing to veer me off the straight and narrow road of creation....

Two years before the loss, it was suggested I go to the OSU eye clinic for an exam, but no reason was given, so I didn't give it high importance--my vision had been essentially unchanged for decades.  If they'd said I had signs of glaucoma I'd have gone, but they didn't...so I figured it was the usual urge to get rechecked every few years.  Until that final night what change there was wasn't really very noticeable...sigh.  Could the loss have been prevented?  Possible, but I'll never know.

JM is in the works too, and the file with my alternate history story has been glaring at me from my desktop for months on end without a glance...other stories came first.  I need discipline, but a temporary bf learned I wasn't into spanking when he wanted me to do it to him and I could barely avoid laughing when we tried it...dare I say, crash and burn for a potential relationship?  He even picked me up and met all my fantasies!

• Like 3

Yeah, yeah--he's said it before--so where is it?  Chapter 55 I hear you grouse.  Well, it's all my fault for setting deadlines that get put back.  So here's some real news:  Chapter 55 doubled in length in just a few hours this evening, and things are looking pretty good for it to be done soon. 

In trying to work the approach to a scene, I very nearly decided to start over and move the section already done further down to connect the two differently, but when I looked again I got a new inspiration and not only kept the section as it was, but added another onto it!  And it's flowing good, the boys are whispering in my ear again!

😺

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sending Chapter 55 to Gary now...he should have it in a few minutes.  Once again, I'm off normal people hours, so I don't expect he'll see it until tomorrow.  I hope he likes it, and can come up with a title!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Sending Chapter 55 to Gary now...he should have it in a few minutes.  Once again, I'm off normal people hours, so I don't expect he'll see it until tomorrow.  I hope he likes it, and can come up with a title!

I just saw it, buddy. It's insufferable here with the heat, but I will get to it as soon as I can. It may take a while to get through because my typing is a little impaired. :) 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Headstall said:

I just saw it, buddy. It's insufferable here with the heat, but I will get to it as soon as I can. It may take a while to get through because my typing is a little impaired. :) 

I broke down and put the little window air con unit in my computer room, and that helps a lot...thank goodness I almost live in there anyway.  :)

For some reason things just clicked yesterday, and the pieces all came together--at least it's under 7500 words!

• Like 2