Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

19 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

I broke down and put the little window air con unit in my computer room, and that helps a lot...thank goodness I almost live in there anyway.  :)

For some reason things just clicked yesterday, and the pieces all came together--at least it's under 7500 words!

My son and his girlfriend broke up, and he's pretty depressed, so I'm trying to keep him company. I'm not much help, but I'm trying. I should be able to get to your chapter soon. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can empathize with him...I've had more broken relationships than good ones over the years, and it was always a shock to me when it happened.  I wasn't needy, clingy or inattentive...it just seemed that the other guys were looking for someone better to mess with, while I was more serious.  All that was decades ago, but I figure it works the same way now, straight or gay...both have to want the same goals and work for it.  My parents found they didn't have that after 21 years, my sisters in less time than that.  Kevin was my longest at over ten years and it ended with his death for personal family reasons...I think we'd have made it if things had been better for him in the rest of his life.

No worries, my dear...there's some humor in this one, so maybe it can help your mood when you need it most?  Family first!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

I can empathize with him...I've had more broken relationships than good ones over the years, and it was always a shock to me when it happened.  I wasn't needy, clingy or inattentive...it just seemed that the other guys were looking for someone better to mess with, while I was more serious.  All that was decades ago, but I figure it works the same way now, straight or gay...both have to want the same goals and work for it.  My parents found they didn't have that after 21 years, my sisters in less time than that.  Kevin was my longest at over ten years and it ended with his death for personal family reasons...I think we'd have made it if things had been better for him in the rest of his life.

No worries, my dear...there's some humor in this one, so maybe it can help your mood when you need it most?  Family first!

Okay... all done and sent back. A wonderful chapter, my friend. You never disappoint. :hug:  Please let me know it arrived. :) 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Hey guys! 

Had a doctor's visit yesterday and they gave me a look over and took blood for tests, gave me a tetanus shot since it had been more than ten years.  Waiting on the test results, likely an email tomorrow.  They suggested two tests for people over 50, one for Hepatitis C and the other an HIV one.  The former they said it could be years before symptoms showed up, so I went along with that one...I opted not to do the latter as I haven't been with anyone for more than eleven years, and had no symptoms at all...and had been only with Kevin for ten years or so before that.

They asked questions to figure out if they needed to do a prostate exam, and since I didn't have any symptoms for trouble with that either, they decided to skip that--whew!  They did suggest a check for polyps in my colon since I had surgery for that back in 2014, but don't know when that'll happen.  I suppose it depends on whether my blood looks anemic?

Anyhow, got a visit Wednesday with my eye surgeon, just a follow-up, so that should be a piece of cake, I hope.

Starting 56 now!

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Ivor Slipper said:

Fingers crossed - yes; eyes crossed - NO! :lol:

Sorry Ivor--you're sixty years too late!  Along with the bad vision I was born with, it included crossed eyes, which meant a conscious effort to angle my head just right to avoid seeming to look away from another person's face.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
32 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Record time getting through the eye doctor labyrinth!  Hour and a half, including a pic of the interior of the eye, and things are looking good.  She said down the road we might do a little more laser to deal with the remins of the 'bubble', but it wasn't interfering right now after the other one last month, so it can wait.  Next visit December 5th. 

Now I can see about writing more JM--got an idea or two... :X

That's awesome, CG... :hug:  xoxo

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Just a note to let you know--the first section of Chapter 56 is done, now on to the next one!  How long will the chapter be--I'll let you know when it's done, because I have no idea until it's there...I try to aim for around 7-8,000 words, but looking at the ones already posted, I can go way over that.  Remember the mall one?

It's flowing pretty good so far.

Shorter chapters would be well received. :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Complaints from the Caped Crusader?  Say it isn't so!  :X

Hey, my alternate history piece I've been doing is longer than most JM chapters now, and I don't know how much more there is to go on it...it's looking like it'll beat the 14k of the mall chapter easily.

Working on a Tales one too, but those are tiny things in comparison.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Complaints from the Caped Crusader?  Say it isn't so!  :X

Hey, my alternate history piece I've been doing is longer than most JM chapters now, and I don't know how much more there is to go on it...it's looking like it'll beat the 14k of the mall chapter easily.

Working on a Tales one too, but those are tiny things in comparison.

Not complaining, no... just letting you know shorter ones... chapters...................... or the other ;) ... are fine with me.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Any body done a word count on Geron's stories?  I knowthey vary, but I think three or four of them would total the count I've racked up for Jay alreadu....  I love every word of his, but I do often need to pack a lunch before I start the journey.  😺  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Any body done a word count on Geron's stories?  I knowthey vary, but I think three or four of them would total the count I've racked up for Jay alreadu....  I love every word of his, but I do often need to pack a lunch before I start the journey.  😺  :lol:

I've started a Geron story numerous times, and have fallen asleep... not because they weren't great, but because they were long, and I need my beauty sleep. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

@Headstall don't worry, I've done that with more than one author thanks to my weird schedule and the fact that I can lie down and listen to them being narrated instead of having to do it with my eyes....of course, that means I have to go back to the last thing I remember and try again.  Sigh.....

• Like 4
On 8/3/2018 at 4:33 PM, Headstall said:

I've started a Geron story numerous times, and have fallen asleep... not because they weren't great, but because they were long, and I need my beauty sleep. :) 

I got you beat! I fall asleep in the middle of writing my stories! :)

• Haha 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just sent Chapter 56 off to Gary...at least it's not 2AM.  I hope he doesn't have a lot of trouble with it.  I'll be posting it as soon as I get it back and revel in his axe-work.  I know there are some exclamation marks that will have to go....

• Like 2
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Just sent Chapter 56 off to Gary...at least it's not 2AM.  I hope he doesn't have a lot of trouble with it.  I'll be posting it as soon as I get it back and revel in his axe-work.  I know there are some exclamation marks that will have to go....

Hey, buddy, I just got it. I've had a tough day doing manual labor, and building a headboard, and I'm heading off to bed now. I will try to get to it tomorrow sometime, but I don't know when. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, buddy, I just got it. I've had a tough day doing manual labor, and building a headboard, and I'm heading off to bed now. I will try to get to it tomorrow sometime, but I don't know when. :hug: 

That's funny--gotta make your bed before you lie in it--literally!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3