Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

Hey Tim, @BHopper2 made me realize that all the links related to your CC chapters are scattered throughout that topic. Do you want me to compile a list of all the links and which chapter they relate to? I want to make it easier for new readers to find them. :) 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
Dammit posted in the wrong one. Meant for this to go in the CC topic. lol.
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Topic. For Clueless camping. I only came in at the end.

Oh, yeah, I should have realized, since you left lots of nice comments for me. :hug: I was so tired last night, my brain wasn't working properly.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Tim!  When might the next episode of The Cardmaker and the Caretaker post, and the next episode of the wonderful Timothy's Terrible Prompt Stories, and the next Angie and Imp story appear?  Looking forward to each!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

Which reminds me of a line in Midnight Express (when Billy Hayes is walking in the ‘wrong direction’ around a stone sculpture in prison)…

I loved that movie... getting out of the movie theater felt like i was getting out of a prison... heavy stuff!!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I loved that movie... getting out of the movie theater felt like i was getting out of a prison... heavy stuff!!

I’ve only seen it on a small screen. I cannot imagine the impact of the big screen!

But it’s too bad they made a couple decisions while fictionalizing the story. One to deny real-life Billy’s bisexuality and his sexual relationship with Erich the Swede (possibly justifiable due to the social conditions at the time). The other was to exaggerate the violence, again for marketing reasons. But the movie is a product of its time. It would necessarily be very different if it were made today.

But Midnight Express is lightyears better than the movie that real-life Billy Hayes directed: Southside (aka Cock and Bull Story in the US).

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

I’ve only seen it on a small screen. I cannot imagine the impact of the big screen!

But it’s too bad they made a couple decisions while fictionalizing the story. One to deny real-life Billy’s bisexuality and his sexual relationship with Erich the Swede (possibly justifiable due to the social conditions at the time). The other was to exaggerate the violence, again for marketing reasons. But the movie is a product of its time. It would necessarily be very different if it were made today.

But Midnight Express is lightyears better than the movie that real-life Billy Hayes directed: Southside (aka Cock and Bull Story in the US).

It in the dark theater, it was astonishingly oppressive. At times I felt ill... but it was riveting... yeah, that scene with Erich was a copout... but for the time, it was still evocative :yes: 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

@BHopper2 if you haven't read Tim's story yet, this is one of many reasons why you should. :D 

It's on the "To Read" list. If it's like Clueless Camp, then I suspect I'll enjoy it thoroughly.

• Like 2
  • Love 2