Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

I'll begin by saying that I'm the oldest of two, but I was afflicted by a host of cousins, who all wanted to know about and discuss my (minuscule) love life at the tops of their voices. And if Rob volunteers any more information to anyone, his parents need to get involved and sit on his exuberant little head till he learns some self control. For god's sake, being gay doesn't mean you give up all privacy. 

• Like 4

Thank you, Irri.

This began as a single prompt short story, but then I couldn't let go. So far all of the chapters are based on comicfan's First Line prompts.

Prompt 352: "I can't believe you asked him that."

Prompt 213: "You want me to do what?"

Prompt 356: "Since when do I have to tell you everything?"

Prompt 323: "Can I talk to you?"

Prompt 344: "Why didn't you just tell me that?"

you can find the whole story here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/timothy-m/timothysterriblepromptstories

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

This began as a single prompt short story, but then I couldn't let go. So far all of the chapters are based on comicfan's First Line prompts.

Prompt 352: "I can't believe you asked him that."

Prompt 213: "You want me to do what?"

Prompt 356: "Since when do I have to tell you everything?"

Prompt 323: "Can I talk to you?"

Prompt 344: "Why didn't you just tell me that?"

you can find the story here: http://www.gayauthor...lepromptstories

Oh. Right. Thanks for adding that, Tim. Sorry, I just leaped straight into my grievances  :blushing:

Well, as long as everyone gets a say and a vote in this romance, I suggest both sets of parents get one as well.  Eric and Rob's at least. Edit: I'm not sure I'd want my freshman dating a junior  :thumbdown:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

I'm having so much fun with this story even if it's quite a challenge to keep to the three basic 'rules':

•  it has to come from a prompt
  •  it has to be short
  •  each chapter should be self-contained

I think I may have to give up on the third one after a while, but so far I think it has worked.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Thanks guys (or should I say ladies and gentlemen).

I'm flattered that one of my characters remind you of Mann's MC - and I get the point.

I'm intrigued by the fact that Rob is so popular, but I guess that's what happens when a story takes off and runs away with you.

I promise there will be a long Rob focused chapter soon - with lots of typical Rob behavior. :lol:

• Like 2

Dear all,

I want to join the Rob fan club ;-). But I don't think he is a "puppy," whose brain is slower than his mouth ... I think he instinctively understands that Eric and Nelson have such a rare and amazing support system (family, friends, etc.) that they have no excuse not "to go for it hard." Rightly (I think ;-)), he thinks: "Men, man up and get going. Stop playing Virgin Mary!"

JAR

Ceterum Censeo: I want Rob to get a boyfriend!

• Like 2

Dear all,

I want to join the Rob fan club ;-). But I don't think he is a "puppy," whose brain is slower than his mouth ... I think he instinctively understands that Eric and Nelson have such a rare and amazing support system (family, friends, etc.) that they have no excuse not "to go for it hard." Rightly (I think ;-)), he thinks: "Men, man up and get going. Stop playing Virgin Mary!"

JAR

What happened: Gary and I are of the same opinion? ;-)

JAR

(let me quickly check whether pigs started to fly as well ;-)

• Like 2

Dear all,

JAR

I have to admit I also preferred Gary's bull in the china shop description to the puppy :lol:

and does anyone else think Rob should be a tiny bit gay (bi-curious maybe) ?

• Like 1

Meddling friends and relatives...I like Rob! And would you shut up about Priest?  :evil: I want to read that story when it's finished! Gah.

Yes, I thought you might relate to that, LOL.

don't worry, nothing has been spoiled with the comments about Priest. But you should go read it now, it's every Sunday, and we have so much fun over in Mann's forum. shame to miss that.

• Like 2

What happened: Gary and I are of the same opinion? ;-)

JAR

(let me quickly check whether pigs started to fly as well ;-)

First of all, I didn't say that Rob's brain was slower than his mouth. I said  " He loves his brother so much and wants to see him happy. His desire to help is so strong that his brain can't keep up...like a big overbearing puppy. Who doesn't love a puppy?

Dear all,

JAR

Secondly, I respect everyone else' opinion...I am a very agreeable guy...

JAR, differing opinions does not make one wrong or one right...they can both be right....I agree with you on many things...just not everything.. :P Cheers...Gary

P.S.  If you see any pigs flying...let me know...

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1

I have to admit I also preferred Gary's bull in the china shop description to the puppy :lol:

and does anyone else think Rob should be a tiny bit gay (bi-curious maybe) ?

I would love it if Rob was gay/bi just cuz I love hm so...It's why I compared him to an adorable puppy. Rob was getting some flack for outing his brother...we all know that that is not a cool thing to do to anyone...so I was sticking up for him and his actions and why I thought he committed the faux pas...he just got ahead of himself but it came from a good place. Usually when someone outs someone else there is an element of malevolence or they aren't thinking about what they are actually doing. Rob was motivated by his love for his brother IMHO and while still not cool, I really don't think it was intentional...just saying...Cheers...Gary

• Like 2

The prompt line I used for chapter 6:

Prompt 179 : “Well that sure didn’t go as I had hoped.”

Hope you like it, and I look forward to your comments.

A special :thankyou: to AC for being patient and honest and for solving my problem in the text.

Edited by Timothy M.

Well I am glad the first lines are working for you. If you need to just look up the tag line and you should find all the first line prompts. See if any of the earlier ones fit for you. Good luck. :)

• Like 2

Well I am glad the first lines are working for you. If you need to just look up the tag line and you should find all the first line prompts. See if any of the earlier ones fit for you. Good luck. :)

Thanks - prompt 179 was actually one of the early ones, and in fact it was archived, so I couldn't add a link to the story.

Renee made a book mark list in one of the Help threads, so I use that to find all the first liners. I've already found the next one.

You can also "preview" the topic with the little down arrow. As an example, since he tags everything. If you want only first line prompts, click the "tag" of first line and you'll get a lot of first line prompts. Then you can just click on the down arrow and get a preview of the post instead of having to open it.

List of Words Prompts

First Line Prompts