Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

After all the PMs, I thought you’d realize by now I’m more likely to be begging for more Jazz! When we start coming after you with pitchforks and torches, I hope the flames remind you of a certain redhead! (Oh Mary, Flamin' Jazz would be an interesting theme!)

When we start coming after you with pitchforks and torches, I hope the flames remind you of a certain redhead! 

Imp has flaming red hair. :lol: And he may have a pitchfork hidden somewhere. 

Now I need to get back to him and Angel, because matters are getting :X:P

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After all the PMs, I thought you’d realize by now I’m more likely to be begging for more Jazz!

Your wish may come true soon, the chapter is sent to AC for editing. :D I finally managed to do a current prompt. I've even started a chapter for last Friday's first line prompt, but I'm not sure it will work out. 

I only need another 94 likes and I'll hit 9999 rep points :D  Hopefully, a prompt (or two) can get me there.

• Like 1

I think that makes you a LikeWhore™.

No, just a number geek. ;) Otherwise, I would care about hitting 10,000 rep points.

I have screen dumps of the moments my like counter was 3333 - 4444 - 5555 - 6666 etc. :*)

Check out my status update from January 10th (or see below)

Timothy M.
Only 15 more likes and I hit 8888. :D So please don't like me too much while I sleep tonight. Godnat :-)

ipb.png Jan 10, 2017 10:01 PM

and later

Timothy M.

Made it - thanks LL, Gary and Reader. Got my screen print so I'm good. Next goal 9999 

Jan 12, 2017 06:21 PM

Like Lux said

Lux Apollo

*shaking my head trying not to laugh* 

Jan 13, 2017 08:33 AM ·

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I remember that. I stand by my statement, but I’ll modify that to ‘a weird LikeWhore™.’ Is that better?

I think I'm more of a ReviewWhore. I'd happily trade 100 of my rep points for a review to one of my stories. I very rarely check who has liked a chapter but I come back and read reviews quite often. Even a short review makes me :D

I'm also much more proud of being 2nd on the prolific reviewer list and about my prompt story being 13th on the Most reviewed stories list (thanks for helping with that btw) than about me being 6th on the author list by rep point.

• Like 1

I think I'm more of a ReviewWhore. I'd happily trade 100 of my rep points for a review to one of my stories. I very rarely check who has liked a chapter but I come back and read reviews quite often. Even a short review makes me :D

I'm also much more proud of being 2nd on the prolific reviewer list and about my prompt story being 13th on the Most reviewed stories list (thanks for helping with that btw) than about me being 6th on the author list by rep point.

I think it’s odd that author rep points aren’t done in reverse order. Instead of being author with 5,843,976,072 points, why isn’t that author listed as 1, clearly indicating that author’s position? When a newbie looks at pages that include the Reputation number, it doesn’t say Reputation Points, it says Reputation xxxxxxx. So the Droll Dane (who looks like he’s holding a giant red box with white ribbons on it [my, what a big package you have!]) looks like he’s only the 9910th most popular author on GA.

I think it’s odd that author rep points aren’t done in reverse order. Instead of being author with 5,843,976,072 points, why isn’t that author listed as 1, clearly indicating that author’s position? When a newbie looks at pages that include the Reputation number, it doesn’t say Reputation Points, it says Reputation xxxxxxx. So the Droll Dane (who looks like he’s holding a giant red box with white ribbons on it [my, what a big package you have!]) looks like he’s only the 9910th most popular author on GA.

Uhm did you remember to sort the list after reputation highest to lowest?

• Like 1

Uhm did you remember to sort the list after reputation highest to lowest?

I’m talking about pages like Newest Stories where the Rep Points are listed, but not the main focus. Presumably, Rep Points are included to encourage readers to try stories written by more popular authors, but to a newbie it’s just confusing.

And now I think you’re responding with weird answers just to get a few more Likes!  ;-)

I’m talking about pages like Newest Stories where the Rep Points are listed, but not the main focus. Presumably, Rep Points are included to encourage readers to try stories written by more popular authors, but to a newbie it’s just confusing.

:huh: Uhm, the Newest Stories list is meant to show the most recent story at the top. So of course it cannot have authors listed by rep point. That would make no sense.

I suppose we could have a list of stories by rep point (of the story), but right now we only have Most read, Most reviewed, Longest and Favorite (the ones with most followers).

If you want to see authors by rep point, you have to go here https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/author/ and sort by reputation and highest to lowest. The default is by name and Lowest to highest.

Oh wait :blink: NOW I get it. :facepalm:

I wouldn't like my story pages or my profile page to say I'm the 13th most 'liked' member or author at GA, that would be really awful. :puke:

I’ve figured out how to add to my posts without editing them – if no one else has posted anything in the meantime.

And if not much time has gone by.

The system does it automatically, when - as you  say - no one else has posted and not too much time has passed.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

But wouldn’t that make it more obvious than if you were thought of as the 9910th most popular author?  ;-)

Modifying the current setup to add the word ‘Points’ and including a colon or moving the numbers ahead of the wording would make it clearer that larger numbers are better. If space is an issue, this could be abbreviated as ‘Rep Points’ or even ‘Rep Pts.’

Not gonna respond to the package comment? You are aware of the double meaning of the word?  ;-)

But wouldn’t that make it more obvious than if you were thought of as the 9910th most popular author?  ;-)

Not gonna respond to the package comment? You are aware of the double meaning of the word?  ;-)

I don't want anyone to think of me as a popular author based on rep points, because it wouldn't be true. Rep points are earned by many other things than stories. If people want to find out whether I'm any good as a writer, I'd want them to look at where my stories are placed by reviews or favorites.

and yes, I do know both meanings of package ;) - as you'll see in the up-coming chapter (unless AC axes it during editing).

• Like 2

With all those little background stories that paint Rob in such a glorious light, there can’t possibly be a woman perfect enough for him!  ;-)

…Which leaves only men (and a few who don’t believe in the gender binary)!  ;-)

Perhaps a new student could begin on campus who does not fit the gender and/or orientational norms. Sir Rob could decide to befriend the ostracized and misunderstood student and discover a connection, unsettling Rob even more than a GSA President could. This new student wouldn’t necessarily need to be Transgendered, they might be somewhere else along the multiple gender, sexuality, and orientational spectrums. Intersexual? Anywhere other than asexual, if the goal is for Rob to become intimate with them. Rob (and your readers) could learn more about human sexuality in the process.

Yikes, drought, as if I haven't got enough challenges on my plate, lol.

I just signed up for a Grid&Dice prompt, and I have to deliver before April 1st.

Oh, and AC just returned the next prompt chapter with edits. :D  He liked it, so I'll try to post it later this week.

Don't say I'm not feeding the hungry birds. But now I need to get some sleep.   :yawn:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4