[Sasha Distan] Ladies' Man - American Songbook Track 9

Ladies' Man

inspired by the song by RaeLynn

This is the first of the American Songbook series to have multiple chapters, though how many chapters (or verses) is not yet clear.

Clem Linton is a rough and ready farm hand: six-four, big, manly, and proud. His boyfriend Nathan is almost exactly the same, only he's a cowboy. If opposites are supposed to attract, then what kind of clashes are you going to get between two men so equally matched, who are both keen to be top dog?

• Like 4

I think Clem is better off finding someone else and forgetting about Nathan. They cannot even be friends as long as Nathan insists on this sort of behavior.

There is a difference between being butch and manly and being a homophobic dick.

Edit: Thinking it over, is Nathan scared of being stereotyped? I guess he has a point, and the fact that he has to act this way in order not to be associated with being 'queer' is probably a sign of how much stereotyping takes place. We are having the same type of issues over here but in other ways.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

I think it is so sad that Nathan doesn't get it ...and is his own worst enemy. He is acting like a homophobic dick as Tim says...and Clem needs to really try to get through to him before he throws him away. If Nathan refuses to open his mind and heart, then Clem will have no choice but to walk away. It is hard to walk away after three years...we don't know if Clem has ever really laid it on the line for Nathan....or if he has been an enabler of sorts...

• Like 1

I get the impression neither Clem nor Nathan have any exposure to anything but each other... But Clem is open to new ideas and

Nathan is not... But he may actually value Clem in his Neanderthal way. Which makes me feel a tiny bit bad for him.

• Like 2

LOL :rofl:

PS but I bet you like to see us speculate...

I love to watch the speculation. oh yes.

:X   doesn't seem a good enough emoticon for times like these.  We need one that looks more like the Tom and Jerry cartoon where the cat bites his tongue off!

agreed!

• Like 1

just as a general update on the "is the a full sized novella?" question posed by ColumbusGuy in the reviews, but I am currently working on Chapter 9 - so it looks that way.

as for what happens... a wolf must have his secrets...

just as a general update on the "is the a full sized novella?" question posed by ColumbusGuy in the reviews, but I am currently working on Chapter 9 - so it looks that way.

as for what happens... a wolf must have his secrets...

Tell us this much: does Nathan play a major role in Chapter 9?

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

I get the feeling, from Sasha's responses, that Nathan will be toast by then. I don't think this is a feel good story...at least for Nathan...and I don't think he will be redeemed. Right now, I feel sad for that...I know most of us think poorly of him and rightly so. Right now, he doesn't deserve Clem. Is it because he is a bad person...or just clueless. I guess we can't be certain yet. I don't know why, but I almost feel sorrier for Nathan than I do for Clem...probably because I think he is going to lose something that he will one day pine for. I would feel different if he was a cheater and a liar. It seems like he is oblivious to how selfish he is.....but maybe he is just a coldhearted bastard. Cheers...Gary

• Like 4

he's in it. but I will give you no other details.

Chapter 9?!?!?   <scours my in boxes>

I haven't gotten chapters 7 and 8 yet!

I so sent you seven... I think on Skype. I sent eight... just now.

• Like 2

No dear - that was ch 6.  7 is MIA!

i'll go hunt it down.

sorry readers, please fell free to chat amongst yourselves while your author and editor scramble around trying to pin chapters to the floor.

• Like 2

Your question is leading, sir. :P You can't ask questions like that when you already know the answer.

But to answer - No, not necessarily. There are plenty of people who don't see, or choose not to see, the signs of discontent until it's too late. Then they're hit upside the head with it, or act like they are. Besides, I can only speculate based on the information on hand. If you want me to have more information, you must post faster. ;)

Your question is leading, sir. :P

...I can only speculate based on the information on hand. If you want me to have more information, you must post faster. ;)

Gosh I am mean!interesting point, but I really can't let you in on any future events, that would be cheating.

If I post faster, it'll be over faster, and then our enjoyment would be limited...

• Like 1

:pissed:

Okay, how about this then:

Clem sneaks over to Nathan's place at night and scratches RAPIST on both sides of his truck. DEEP into the paint.

Nex day he makes sure to always be in the company of someone, preferably with girls included.

When Nathan comes storming up, shouting: "Asshole, what did you do to my truck?"

Clem looks at him in surprise and says: "What are you talking about, Nate?"

If Nate says: "Somebody scratched rapist on my truck!"

Clem goes: "Now, why on earth would I do that, Nate? How come you accuse me rather than anyone else?"

(and obviously Nate can't say 'beacuse I raped you' - since he doesn't think he did, and he'd be admitting to a crime, so he'll go with:)

Nate: "As revenge, because I broke up with you."

Clem: "Well, since I was the one to leave you, why should I want revenge? Anyway, if I really wanted revenge, I'd just tell people what a shitty and selfish person you are. Although I guess they can work that out for themselves. Bye Nate."

Only problem is I don't think Clem has the guts to do this after being mentally and physically abused by Nathan for so long.

But he could set fire to Nathan's truck...

Oh wait, you don't want the truck to get hurt, damn.

snapback.png Reply from Sasha Distan (author)

stop wishing for my characters to get run over by trucks. think of the poor truck!

• Like 3

:pissed:

Oh wait, you don't want the truck to get hurt, damn.

oh Tim! Nice idea, but not quite how it goes... You'll have to wait and see.

So, general question for the forum... how committed do we think Clem is to his decision? and is he strong enough to give Nathan what for in the future?

• Like 2