Where would you like to live?

I live in the middle of a field in Sussex, England.

Ideally I would like to live in a larger set of fields which I would own, either here, or somewhere in British Columbia. Horse, sheep, a cow, ducks, chickens, pigs... rabbits and pheasants to hunt, deer to shoot.

The theme is still the same, I like living in a field.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I live in Western New York State, US, near Buffalo.  I live in suburbia, but my dream house would be more rural. I love my house, but my noisy neighbors...not so much. 

I don't have a place I'd rather live in. Valkerie, do you know Sanitaria Springs? It's in your area. Dabeagle has a story series centered there. I have a story there too along with several others.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I don't have a place I'd rather live in. Valkerie, do you know Sanitaria Springs? It's in your area. Dabeagle has a story series centered there. I have a story there too along with several others.

I just Googled it. It's near Binghampton, which is about 3 1/2 hours away from me.  I'm not real familiar with that area.  I'll have to check those stories out. I like reading stories set in NYS. 

Currently live between Aberystwyth in Wales, and Cheshire in England... both small towns in the countryside

Id either live here/surrounding areas, same small town living near the country because im an 'old country' kid at heart... or id go wildly different and emigrate somewhere like Canada or the USA... no real specific area desires, long as it wasnt too hot and i had land to collect horses/dogs. Honestly id go in a heartbeat, as long as somebody was looking after the pony for me (if he couldnt come too!)

I want to live somewhere in Europe. Never been to Europe before and I really want to travel there. Maybe preferably the UK because I heard the men are great there. Especially the difference between American men and European men. :gikkle:

[Currently reside in California, US]

Edited by Menace
  • Like 1

I'm currently living in Georgia (US, not the former Russian Republic) but if I had to choose somewhere to live I would pick Australia.  I love the country and the people I've met from there.  I wouldn't have to learn another language either - well sort of.  lol 

• Like 1

I live in Finland in the middle of a forest in a house that´s been in our family for couple of hundred years, only thing I miss is the sea.

If I moved anywhere, it´d be to England.

I'll totally swap with you.

Forest - check!

Snow - check!

Wildlife - check!

• Like 1

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and have lived in the tropics my entire life. Those personality type tests say may personality in compatible with living in Manhattan; love Washington, DC (I went to college there) I'd consider living there. Fell in love with New South Wales and its people a few years ago and Sydney would be a very cool place to live.

But when it comes down to it I'll stay in South Florida.

Don't hate me but-- it's December 29, my windows are wide open, I'm sitting in my office at home wearing boxers and a gold chain around my neck and later today I'll be on my Harley running a couple of errands...

• Like 2

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and have lived in the tropics my entire life. Those personality type tests say may personality in compatible with living in Manhattan; love Washington, DC (I went to college there) I'd consider living there. Fell in love with New South Wales and its people a few years ago and Sydney would be a very cool place to live.

But when it comes down to it I'll stay in South Florida.

Don't hate me but-- it's December 29, my windows are wide open, I'm sitting in my office at home wearing boxers and a gold chain around my neck and later today I'll be on my Harley running a couple of errands...

I don´t hate you, but I´m a bit envious. This morning we had -20C (-4F), now it´s warmer -10C (14F). I´m sitting on my sofa, under a blanket and next to a hot fireplace.....and so looking forward to warmer spring weather....that won´t happen before late April.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I love the change of seasons.  I'll put up with the occasional snowstorm dumping feet of snow at a time so I can enjoy the beauty of fall and the freshness of spring.  It's funny, but I'm actually not that crazy about summer.  I've never tolerated heat and humidity well.  Mid 70sF is perfect for me.  Call me nuts, but I love wintry days when I can stay at home curled up in a blanket in front of the TV or computer, enjoying a cuppa hot cocoa or cooking some nice, hot comfort food. 

Edited to add:  I spent a year in Arizona once and I missed the change of seasons terribly. 

Edited by Valkyrie71
  • Like 1

I love the change of seasons.  I'll put up with the occasional snowstorm dumping feet of snow at a time so I can enjoy the beauty of fall and the freshness of spring.  It's funny, but I'm actually not that crazy about summer.  I've never tolerated heat and humidity well.  Mid 70sF is perfect for me.  Call me nuts, but I love wintry days when I can stay at home curled up in a blanket in front of the TV or computer, enjoying a cuppa hot cocoa or cooking some nice, hot comfort food. 

Edited to add:  I spent a year in Arizona once and I missed the change of seasons terribly. 

It´s just that when winter lasts five or more months and is very cold and dark, it´s not fun anymore. This year in November we had seven hours of sunshine, that´s not much per day. But I do love all four seasons, only wish winter would be shorter.

• Like 1

Interesting how most people who have posted in here are rural country dwellers.

Now my turn! I'm from Spain, and even though I love this country I don't find this as my place to live.. Hope to find it somewhere in the USA or Australia!

Any advices?

That depends on what your looking for. The US is massive and incredibly diverse. We have everything from hyper-urban places like the cities of the Northeast Corridor to vast rural stretches in just about every corner of the country. You can find every kind of possible living situation in the US, which makes it unique. 

I live on the peninsula between San Francisco and San Jose. I love it, and probably wouldn't change unless it was for a more "walkable" place. There are really few places more so in the US, though. I think at this point it's mostly a question of determination.

• Like 2

depends - are you going on the Harley in just your boxers?

• Like 2