Thanks for setting this up Tim! :2thumbs:

I'll post some relevant pictures in my Gallery as the story progresses, I will provide location links for those interested in seeing a bit more of Washington and I'll be happy to answer any questions as long as they don't mess up the plot. :P

And I promise no more cliffies! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Not to be shallow...but Papa Brett sounds really hot! But more importantly, really solid DAD material. And I think Kitt is right about authors and cliffies....you all end up reveling in the cruelty of them :P

• Like 3

Not to be shallow...but Papa Brett sounds really hot!

Yes, I totally agree. :P  Hot and hunky and ... damn, now you've made me drool all over Carlos' shiny new forum. :blushing:

runs off to find some tissues and the drool proof keyboard cover Kitt sent me...

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Yes, I totally agree. :P  Hot and hunky and ... damn, now you're made me drool all over Carlos' shiny new forum. :blushing:

runs off to find some tissues and the drool proof keyboard cover Kitt sent me...

Awww Tim...not again...messy, messy Boy :huh:

• Like 1

ANYWAY, back to the main topic...

(I'm assuming everyone has read both chapters.)

I sent Carlos a PM after ch 1 saying that I was certain Cesar's SO was a guy. Did you also guess ?

My main reason was that CJ did not hesitate at all about telling his dad about being gay. He would have been a lot more scared after the crappy deal with his mom and stepfather if he wasn't sure his dad would be fine - and Cesar being with a guy is all the guarantee CJ needs. Also, he's upset about being thrown out and not about being gay, which to me was a good indication that he had a couple of great role models.

• Like 1

I suspected the dad might have been gay...also only because CJ didn't seem worried about telling him. Most teen boys seem to have a hard time coming out to their fathers. That didn't seem to be an issue in this case. And I completely agree that Brett sounds HOT!

• Like 3

I knew that thing would come in handy!

I sent Carlos a PM after ch 1 saying that I was certain Cesar's SO was a guy. Did you also guess ?

I don't get to play with this one - I have read a couple chapters ahead of you guys!

I suspected the same thing but with Carlos you never know...what I didn't suspect was that Papa Brett would be hott enough to give your Rob a run for his money :P

Brett is way better IMHO because he is old enough for us to lust after - Rob is a teen and therefore off limits!

• Like 1

Brett is way better IMHO because he is old enough for us to lust after - Rob is a teen and therefore off limits!

That is true, but let's face it Kitt...they are both to young for us...well for me anyway. That's the fun of reading though...we can have our fantasies and in mine I am the same age as Brett and he isn't married :read:

• Like 2

Oh my! I think this may turn out to be a fun place to hang out, thanks again Tim.

I think CJ may have some competition from this crowd in calling Papa Brett, daddy.... oh wait, different situation.

Rob is definitely too young to inspire more than a fatherly interest in me. Although if any of Tim's guys come to visit Washington I'm sure CJ would be willing to show them a good time :P

Brett however is definitely fair game as Kitt says. At the point CJ moves to Washington, Papa is 29, last summer I briefly date a guy who was 24 or 25 so definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

I admit that writing Brett was a most enjoyable proposition while using a picture of Mr Younquest displaying a hairy chest, tattoos and a mop of dirty blond hair as inspiration. We may want to start selling those drool proof keyboard covers on GA. I can confirm Brett will not be the last hunky character in the novel. :o

• Like 3

Clyde's of Georgetown - http://www.clydes.com/georgetown

One of their dining room is the old inner courtyard of the building which has been covered with a glass roof. Great place for brunch.

Their chili is fantastic and you could buy cans of it in many of the stores in the Georgetown area but not certain if that's still going on. Thought about buying a couple of cans last time I was in DC but not a lot of room in my saddlebags for that kind of stuff ;)

Oh my! I think this may turn out to be a fun place to hang out, thanks again Tim.

You're welcome :)

I think CJ may have some competition from this crowd in calling Papa Brett, daddy.... oh wait, different situation.

:rofl:  

Rob is definitely too young to inspire more than a fatherly interest in me. Although if any of Tim's guys come to visit Washington I'm sure CJ would be willing to show them a good time :P

I'll keep that in mind.

Brett however is definitely fair game as Kitt says. At the point CJ moves to Washington, Papa is 29, last summer I briefly dated a guy who was 24 or 25 so definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Hmm, so Cesar is a fair bit older than Brett - unless he got Lourdes pregnant rigth after high school. :o

I admit that writing Brett was a most enjoyable proposition while using a picture of Mr Younquest displaying a hairy chest, tattoos and a mop of dirty blond hair as inspiration. We may want to start selling those drool proof keyboard covers on GA. I can confirm Brett will not be the last hunky character in the novel. :o

I'll keep my keyboard cover ready. :lol:

• Like 2

Yes, Tim, Cesar is a few years older than Brett. I'll hold off on revealing his exact age for now since that may impact the enjoyment of chapter 3. Guesses are encouraged and here are the facts as presented so far....

In May 2013 CJ arrives in Washington at the age of 15.

At that time Papa Brett is 29

This is not the first time CJ has spent time with the two older men at their home in Georgetown.

• Like 1

There are more facts in evidence you didn't mention Carlos!

Lourdes and Cesar split long enough ago for her to have a second son with the asshole who is 5 yrs younger than CJ. That makes Ritchie 10 at this time. Old enough to understand something very wrong is occurring in his older brothers life.

Lourdes has no backbone, and apparently very poor parenting instincts.

The Georgetown branch of the family is better off than most - Cesar drives and Escalade and they live in a very well to do neighborhood.

Not yet enough evidence to call them stinking rich but definitely upper level! Probably a cut or two above what asshole can afford on his military salary.

LOL and please note Carlos - I am sticking to the published material here! No hints of the three chapters I have read the rest have not!

• Like 3

Gary, you're reasonably close...... but you'll find out his age and much more on Friday when Chapter 3 posts. After that one they're set to post every Friday at 1am Eastern Time in the US.

The Escalade is a good pickup by Kitt as is her comment about Georgetown. For those not familiar with Washington, Georgetown is an old tobacco port on the Potomac that was incorporated into the District of Columbia becoming one of the ritzy neighborhoods. It's home to Georgetown University and the Keneddy family has always had a home in the area.

Since Brett is in the military, Cesar must have some sort of high paying job.

Clyde's of Georgetown looks awesome, Carlos. I'm not too keen on chili, I like the taste but if it's too hot, I can't eat it, worse luck.

I heard of someone who did pain tests with the active ingredient of chili (capsaicin) injected under the skin. Brrr. 

Anyway, I look forward to Friday and finding out more concerning César and Brett.

I also picture googled Nick Youngquest...

:blink:  :P  :worship:   :blushing:  :P  :glomp:  :whistle::P   :wub:  

runs off for more tissues...

• Like 2

Their Chili is not hot, it's simply tasty. Hot is the organic red and green chili powders I bought last summer at a Farmer's Market in Albuquerque. The couple grew the chiles, dried them and ground them and then sold them t the market on weekends. Wicked stuff. New Mexico is known for their chiles and I had the stuff with every meal while I was there. Scrambled eggs with green chiles and onions is now one of my favorite breakfast meals.

Nick seems to have that effect on a lot of people. A few years back he was the model for a Paco Rabanne fragrance and those pics were just gorgeous. By the time we get done with the story I think there will be a few more Rugby fans on GA.

Great emos!!!!!

Anyway, I look forward to Friday and finding out more concerning César and Brett.

I also picture googled Nick Youngquest...

:blink:  :P  :worship:   :blushing:  :P  :glomp:  :whistle::P   :wub:  

runs off for more tissues...

We sooooo need to request a drool icon from AJ just for Tim!

• Like 3