• Announcements

• Myr

Bug? Read This. Updated 3:30 PM May 20   05/20/2017

If you are experiencing a bug, Please Read Here before posting or submitting a support request.
    • Cia

Chapter "Error" and the Purple Circle/Clock   05/20/2017

Hey everyone,      We keep getting support requests from readers who are trying to access unpublished chapters. These chapters are supposed to be "invisible" to anyone but the author and staff, but a bug keeps coming back making them visible. If an author has a chapter or chapters on their story with the purple circle/clock and you get an error message when you try to open it, that's because it's unpublished. It's not a bug, site staff don't always know why an author has the chapter unpublished, and you can either ask the author directly or wait for the chapter to go live.   Thank you, Site Staff

4 posts in this topic

This is for links to topics regarding staying safe online--from tips and reminders about personal information safety to ways to browse more safely.

1 person likes this

For information on keeping your personal life private online, please review this topic titled, Safety on the Internet.

1 person likes this

I watched a show called "catfish" yesterday. It's about Identity-thieves on the Internet who trick unsuspecting victims into falling in love with them! Really! These retaliation-ships can be really long and last for years -- with people they've never actually met, largely based "borrowed" photos and a lot of excuses "not to video chat or meet in person" I've chatted with lots of people on-line that I've never met, or even seen, and sometime I like not knowing what they look like, but there's a limit to how attached I could get to someone under such

nebulous circumstances! I guess I just don't get it!

I keep it simple, but it wasn't enough, I'm currently dealing with a very unstable individual. This person has catfished me at least twice and tricked me into adding him on Skype by pretending to be people I know,trying to trick me into divulging personal information like my last name and address, and etc. I've taken preventive measures like not having a Facebook, and I may have to change my email and Skype soon. It's rough. I never gave him so much as my phone number, and he's discovered a lot about me. I was surprised, because I always felt like I was being safe. Only one person I know online has my address and phone number now and I trust him immensely. You have to be careful.

2 people like this