This is for links to topics regarding staying safe online--from tips and reminders about personal information safety to ways to browse more safely.

• Like 1

I watched a show called "catfish" yesterday. It's about Identity-thieves on the Internet who trick unsuspecting victims into falling in love with them! Really! These retaliation-ships can be really long and last for years -- with people they've never actually met, largely based "borrowed" photos and a lot of excuses "not to video chat or meet in person" I've chatted with lots of people on-line that I've never met, or even seen, and sometime I like not knowing what they look like, but there's a limit to how attached I could get to someone under such

nebulous circumstances! I guess I just don't get it!

I keep it simple, but it wasn't enough, I'm currently dealing with a very unstable individual. This person has catfished me at least twice and tricked me into adding him on Skype by pretending to be people I know,trying to trick me into divulging personal information like my last name and address, and etc. I've taken preventive measures like not having a Facebook, and I may have to change my email and Skype soon. It's rough. I never gave him so much as my phone number, and he's discovered a lot about me. I was surprised, because I always felt like I was being safe. Only one person I know online has my address and phone number now and I trust him immensely. You have to be careful.

• Like 2