Welcome to Gay Authors

Confused? Check out our FAQ guide to using Gay Authors. I am here to ... Read Write Socialize

If you need assistance, click  Contact Us  on the bottom of all the pages. You can remove this help box by  Signing In  or  Creating An Account  for free today!

Photo

Internet Safety

Staying Safe Browsing Safe Private Information

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cia

Lead Writer Support/Signature Author

• Admin: Site Administrator
  • 7,221 posts
  • Sexuality:Ask Me

Posted January 09, 2015 - 07:19 PM

This is for links to topics regarding staying safe online--from tips and reminders about personal information safety to ways to browse more safely.

30854287935_c89c4eae04_o.jpg

Cia

Lead Writer Support/Signature Author

• Admin: Site Administrator
  • 7,221 posts
  • Sexuality:Ask Me

Posted January 09, 2015 - 07:21 PM

For information on keeping your personal life private online, please review this topic titled, Safety on the Internet.

30854287935_c89c4eae04_o.jpg

SolarMaxx

Diamond Member

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Sexuality:Bisexual

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:28 AM

I watched a show called "catfish" yesterday. It's about Identity-thieves on the Internet who trick unsuspecting victims into falling in love with them! Really! These retaliation-ships can be really long and last for years -- with people they've never actually met, largely based "borrowed" photos and a lot of excuses "not to video chat or meet in person" I've chatted with lots of people on-line that I've never met, or even seen, and sometime I like not knowing what they look like, but there's a limit to how attached I could get to someone under such
nebulous circumstances! I guess I just don't get it!

Tolerance & Acceptance -- the uniquely human ability to embrace what we don't understand in others simply because it is vital to treating them with the dignity and respect we all desire and need to feel whole.

Arpeggio

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

• Author: Author
  • 1,349 posts
  • Sexuality:Bisexual, leaning male

Posted January 12, 2017 - 01:21 AM

I keep it simple, but it wasn't enough, I'm currently dealing with a very unstable individual. This person has catfished me at least twice and tricked me into adding him on Skype by pretending to be people I know,trying to trick me into divulging personal information like my last name and address, and etc. I've taken preventive measures like not having a Facebook, and I may have to change my email and Skype soon. It's rough. I never gave him so much as my phone number, and he's discovered a lot about me. I was surprised, because I always felt like I was being safe. Only one person I know online has my address and phone number now and I trust him immensely. You have to be careful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users