ok. I m gonna b soooooooooo grounded 4 stayin up soooooooooo late 2 get the last part. But it feel sooooooooo good 2 b readin it. Huggles 4 Unka Dom 4 an awesome story :2thumbs:

O an I got 2 post 1st :lmao:

Huggles

Edited by Mikie

Hmm, I have negative comments but I'll save them for later in this post. Suffice to say, that that that was an emotionally rigorous event. It's not the ending I would've wanted, it's not the ending I expected, but it's an ending. I'm happy that Rory's story has come to an end and that we can move on. This was definitely the most cathartic story I've read online and I'm glad that it ended up having more depth than it originally appeared.

My problems with this chapter can best be summed up in one word: "timing." Or for a more thorough explication:

"The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday" To me, the ending seemed contrived. Am I just being cynical?

//shadows

P.S. If I'm being harsh, my apologies, I wouldn't have missed reading DD even if it meant failing Physics (which may in fact occur). Okay, I freaking loved it and the withdrawals are already occurring. Forgive me!

Edited by shadows

Wow, Dom. That was harsh, but wonderful, too. Like Rory said at the end of the chapter, he is where he needs to be. It was sad to learn what it took for Aaron to get things to turn around, but I think getting him there was necessary. I feel that Luke got his closure, and that everything is going to be okay for all of them, even if we don

Wow, Dom. That was harsh, but wonderful, too. Like Rory said at the end of the chapter, he is where he needs to be. It was sad to learn what it took for Aaron to get things to turn around, but I think getting him there was necessary. I feel that Luke got his closure, and that everything is going to be okay for all of them, even if we don

I'm still in Post-ChapterBliss (I just finished it 5 minutes ago) so this will be brief...but I really felt that all the loose ends have been tied up.

What a great chapter!!!!

Thanks for the ride and thanks for Aaron finally coming clean on the Luke-Stolen-Car situation.

I'm going to have to re-read this one again!

Thanks Dom!!!

Vic

That was... an experience. My emotions were all over the place in that chapter. I'm glad Aaron came clean on the stolen car. I'm glad Luke is finally moving on from his past with Aaron. I'm happy that Rory and Eddie are developing a great father/son relationship.

But I'm dissapointed that this is the end. :( I was really growing attached to the characters and now it's finished.

Oh well, I loved this story and I thank Dom for writing it. :)

Oh my God Dom!

I said please don't kill Eddie but I was actually sorry for Aaron by the time it was over.

Maybe Cody wasn't the most sympathetic character but jeez- karma landed on Aaron with both feet.

WOW ... that was a long (and emotional) chapter. It seemed that there were a lot of loose ends being tied up, with the intention of tying up all of the loose ends, making it feel a little contrived (as Shadows mentioned), but it was still a good ending to a very good and unique story.

Part of me is, of course, a little sad that it's over, as we've all been following these characters for so long now, and in a way, it seems like we know them. And now, they'll be off living their own lives in fantasyland, and we aren't privy to the every day goings on of their lives ... but at the same time, that's ok, too. I'm really looking forward to reading more of WT, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It seems to me that WT is a very special one for Dom, and his affection for the story is clear from his writing ... so I think it will be hard not to like it.

Thank you, Dom, for sharing DD with us. It was a fantastic journey, and well worth the wait between chapters.

David

Is anyone else scared that I jokinly peged that Aaron would be involved? Oh I only have one question, not that Dom will be answering it :( What did Nathan and Jason say/do when the learned of Eddie and Rory both being gay?

Great job dude,

One nice thing about the Hawaiian-Aleutian time zone is: I finished my work at 7:30, found DD35 up, cancelled plans for the rest of the evening, poured over the final chapter for two hours, still leaving me time to write this and be ready for an early morning.

I liked the final chapter. Contrived with pride, and why not? It paid off. Aaron finally got the 2x4 between the eyes we all knew it would take to reach him. And thanks to the contrived accident, we finally see the family that molded Aaron. You learn a lot about folks when they're under pressure--Aaron and his family, Rory and his family, Seth, and Dave--I feel I know them all that much better.

Each of Dom's stories is better than the last. The most important thing for me is his accurate pitch, getting closer and closer to perfect. (William Faulkner was perfect. Bush 43 is tone deaf. Just so you know what I mean.) WT promises to be even better. What a treat.

I understand that Dom doesn't usually read our comments here in the forum until after he's finished writing the entire story. So in case you're reading this now, Dom, I have one thing to say ... if you don't get your writing out there professionally, I am going to be one unhappy camper :angry: .

Kitty :)

I second that motion. Dom's stories are far better than most of the "published" gay fiction that I have read ... much, much better.

Nevertheless, the way the gay fiction genre has be going, Dom can reach a much larger audience with his stories than they would in book form. And with the current state of the publishing world, only very small publishers would go for that type of material, which would mean that although Dom would get paid, it probably wouldn't be enough to make a living ... at least not right now.

With that said, the prestige of being a "pubished author" is still nice, and Dom's writing skills are certainly good enough. The only problem is with the publishing industry itself, which definitely sucks. If that charlatan author of A Million Little Pieces could make millions of dollars, it's certainly not fair that Dom couldn't do the same. His stories are much more meaningful, IMO.

On the up side, there are probably a lot of confused and scared gay teens out there who Dom has touched with his stories ... perhaps given them confidence and hope. Scared, closeted gay teens are not very likely to go to the "gay" book section of a book store and buy a book, and don't have credit cards to buy books online ... the only way Dom can reach people like that ... perhaps the people who *need* his stories the most, is the way he's doing it now. I can only speak for myself on that one, but I think that makes it all worth it in the end. I have a feeling Dom would probably feel the same way.

WOW! What a chapter! LOL it normally takes me about 2 hours to read a chapter (I re-read almost all the paragraphs, stop and think about/analyze stuff, and of course get up 15 times for more water and to go to the bathroom :P ). This took me over 4 hours! What an awesome chapter!

I definitely feel like everything was sorted out. Aaron, poor Aaron, mostly got "redeemed" as I had always hoped. Still sucks for him though :( . We got to see even more of what a great guy Seth is, as well as what a great family he comes from. We heard about the success of Rory/Seth and Dave/Angela's relationship. Luke started dating again. And most importantly Rory and the gang are in a very "family" place. So woo hoo!

Of course one of my absolute favourite outcomes is Luke forgiving Aaron :2thumbs:

The only two downers that I could possible think of was 1) as someone pointed out, I'd hoped Rory and Seth would say those "magic words" before the end. But on the other hand that really wasn't what this story was about anyway, and they're still going strong so yay anyway. 2) We didn't get to see Jason and Nathan's reaction to Rory coming out. But again that probably isn't that relevant to the story either.

So anyway I completely loved this story and I loved the ending! I expected to cry a little more, but only did at the part with Aaron in the hospital talking about what happened :( "he wouldn't stop" :,( Although a few other parts were rather emotional too. I'd definitely say for me the two most emotional chapters were the one where Rory opens the stuff from his mom and hears the tapes etc. and chapter 35. But actually it's probably good that this chapter wasn't a "big cryer", gave me the chance to really focus on what was going on and not get completely swept away.

So way to go Dom! Awesome job :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: , I enjoyed every moment of this story :D:D

I second that motion. Dom's stories are far better than most of the "published" gay fiction that I have read ... much, much better.

Nevertheless, the way the gay fiction genre has be going, Dom can reach a much larger audience with his stories than they would in book form. And with the current state of the publishing world, only very small publishers would go for that type of material, which would mean that although Dom would get paid, it probably wouldn't be enough to make a living ... at least not right now.

With that said, the prestige of being a "pubished author" is still nice, and Dom's writing skills are certainly good enough. The only problem is with the publishing industry itself, which definitely sucks. If that charlatan author of A Million Little Pieces could make millions of dollars, it's certainly not fair that Dom couldn't do the same. His stories are much more meaningful, IMO.

On the up side, there are probably a lot of confused and scared gay teens out there who Dom has touched with his stories ... perhaps given them confidence and hope. Scared, closeted gay teens are not very likely to go to the "gay" book section of a book store and buy a book, and don't have credit cards to buy books online ... the only way Dom can reach people like that ... perhaps the people who *need* his stories the most, is the way he's doing it now. I can only speak for myself on that one, but I think that makes it all worth it in the end. I have a feeling Dom would probably feel the same way.

Very well said David! And I can certainly attest to the fact that he'll reach a larger (and more crucial) audience here. To be honest I've never even seen a "Published gay book", I guess I assumed they existed but I've never actually heard of one.

I hope eventually Dom can get published and reach a large audience, but you're right there's something about the anonymity of the internet which makes it more likely he'll reach the people most vulnerable and in need of hope. Perhaps it's different in other cities but I really don't think there IS a bookstore in mine that carries gay-themed fiction books (informational books perhaps, but not fiction).

Anyway have an awesome evening everyone and take care,

Kevin

Thanks again Dom, DD was unbelievably good!

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Thank you Dom for a such an amazing story!! I actually feel a little numb now knowing that it's over.

I'm very glad that Rory has finally found himself a part of a family again and that Eddie is officially his "dad"!! :D

As for the ending, I have to agree with shadows, it does feel contrived, but I couldn't and wouldn't imagine it any other way.

Thank you again Dom!!

-vt

Edited by vpt
What a painful catharsis for everyone. But I guess the sacrifice was necessary.

Geez, I HATE ends. It's really like loosing friends when you liked the story. I'm upset now. >_<

It's late at night here and I just tuned into the forum and then saw the announcement that the final chapter of DD was up. I read it immediatley of course and now I have to deal with the fact that I feel grief stricken when I finish a Luka story, but thankfully WT is there to hold on to.

I will just content myself with adding my congratulations to the author. Shadows and LB have struck a slightly different note as well as offering the same congratulations we all have.

I don't necessarily disagree with what they say about the ending, but what to do with Aaron must have been a major problem. I am glad though he wasn't destroyed and I nearly got my Luke + Aaron relationship.

Again, all praise and thanks to the author.

Gearoid

All good things end.

Luckily for us, not only does your writing get better and better but we have 'With Trust' to obsess over now! B)

Thanks for the wonderful tale, and may there be many more.

Camy

I loved it DOM!!

I also loved how one of the lines at the end mirrored the very beginning line:

From Ch.1

Arizona. Ari-fri-kin-zona. Do you know how hot it is in Arizona?

From Ch. 36

Ari-frikin-zona. I wondered if she even knew how hot it was in Arizona.

I thought that was so funny. :D:D:D

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy

i woke up earlier and i had a feeling this chapter was posted and when i got to the forums and found out it was posted i skipped school i read it lol. and now....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its over! its over!!! T_T i hate endings like a lot. i want to cry now. its over!!!! i still cant believe thats its over lol. my mind is like telling me 37 will appear soon when i know it aint going to happen lol.

i need to get this out of my system.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ok i think im over it now. its the ending. and im happy with it. i love ths story. and ive come to term with it being over. (not really but hopfully i will be lol)

YOUR AWESOME DOM!!!!!

Guest Icekid

Wow, I just felt compelled to write something now...

again... wow...

and to put it more simply...

Thank you.

I haven

...Dom can reach a much larger audience with his stories than they would in book form. And with the current state of the publishing world, only very small publishers would go for that type of material, which would mean that although Dom would get paid, it probably wouldn't be enough to make a living ... at least not right now.

Good points David :2thumbs: . Even if Dom was published and his books were widely available, how many confused teens would feel comfortable buying a book with a cover of Luke kissing Rory on the lips? Too embarassing :*) .

Dom reaches a wider audience with his stories being online (think of all of our international readers :2thumbs: ). As well, with them being online, they're free* .

I definitely feel like everything was sorted out.

Yeah, I feel the same way, unlike TOU, it seems like all the DD business has been taken care of. I was especially happy that Rory and Jase seemed to bond during the last chapter.

And I'm very happy for Luke, he still gets Rory in the end (yeah, yeah, as a brother :P ), and he gets to 'Ho' around a bit. 3 different guys in one weekend?????? GO LUKE!!!! :great:

I haven

Wow... What a great ending! I actually cried at the ending, and that has never happened to me while reading before... Thanks for a great story with an even greater ending! Looking forward to reading more WT now.