• Site Administrator

I have a good outline for Chapter 17 and it's about halfway written.  I think you will want to alternately hug and kill me.  ;)  lol  I am hoping to get a lot of writing done this weekend.  I have another story for the special anthology almost completed.  Thanks for your patience with this story.  I really appreciate it! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Chapter 17 is back from Cole (thanks, Cole! :hug: )  I just need to make a few tweaks and send it on to Lisa for the final edits.  I should be posting it soon! :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I'm just waiting on getting Chapter 17 back from my editor.  She's pretty busy, so I'm guessing another week maybe?  The good news is that I'm about 1k words into Chapter 18, so it should post fairly quickly after 17.  Thanks again to everyone for your patience.  I hope you like the chapter :) 

• Site Administrator

Chapter 17 is finally posted! :D  It's time for another change in perspective.  I'd love to hear your thoughts about the end of the chapter, along with any guesses/theories as to what happened. 

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/valkyrie/thehollowhills/17

No matter how upset he was, Galen wouldn't have ditched his cat or his job. Therefore, it has to be accident or foul play. The latter would be more dramatic...especially if (angry, jealous) Roger were involved. :unsure: So, that's my guess.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

No matter how upset he was, Galen wouldn't have ditched his cat or his job. Therefore, it has to be accident or foul play. The latter would be more dramatic...especially if (angry, jealous) Roger were involved. :unsure: So, that's my guess.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts.  I'm hoping to finish up Chapter 18 this weekend and you'll get your answer ;) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Chapter 18 is almost done :D  I had a bit of a delay while I focused on my anthology story, but it's coming along nicely now.  I'm guessing it will take a couple of weeks to get through my team, and then it will be posted.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Chapter 18 is done and with Cole :D  We get some answers and more questions.  Any other theories as to what happened to Galen?  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Chapter 18 is now with Lisa.  As soon as I get it back and make the final edits, it will be uploaded.  I already have a start on Chapter 19.  :D  Which is a good thing, since you will all be coming after me with pitchforks and torches after reading 18...  :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Cole and I had a great chat today about the next few chapters of this story.  Even though I've already started Chapter 19, I think I'll be making some revisions before sending it on to my team.  I guarantee it will be worth the wait. :) 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I'm hoping to start on Chapter 20 in the next couple of weeks.  I've been busy working on another project (which will be revealed tomorrow) and the Fall and Special anthologies.  I am hoping to have four stories to include in the Special Anthology, so I have been doing quite a bit of writing lately.  I hope that makes up for the big gap between chapters in this story.  Thanks for your patience!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I am finishing up my last story for the Special Anthology.  It's going through one more round of beta reading, then on to editing.  Since there is a nice, long break until the next anthology, I will be devoting that time to focusing on writing more of THH.  So fingers crossed I can get chapters out a lot quicker than I have been, since my attention won't be as scattered as it has been with writing so many antho stories.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my three stories based on the Blizzard, Fairy Tale, and Legend themes.  :D  

• 5 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I've started working on Chapter 20, finally! :D Since there is now a nice long break until the next contest/anthology, I'm going to put all my writing focus and energy into getting this story completed.  My question to followers of the story is... would you prefer me to post chapters as I complete them or wait until the story is actually done and I can post them on a regular basis?  I'm not sure how many more chapters are left, but we're about at the halfway point.  I'm not guaranteeing 20 more chapters, though.  It may be 10... 20...5... no idea until I start getting more into the meat of it. So please reply here, send me a message, status update, whatever, but please let me  know your preference as far as posting.  Thanks, and I appreciate all the support and patience.  I hope it will be worth it in the end. :) 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I'm with Clo: post them as they come. Having said that, I'm okay with the other way too. Whichever way serves you and the story best, is the route you should take, Val. 

How's that for giving a decisive answer, eh? :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, clochette said:

This story is wonderful, very powerful. 

Personally I'm team "give them as they come" but in the end it's up to you, how you feel about the story :)

Awww... thanks, Clo :hug: 

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I'm with Clo: post them as they come. Having said that, I'm okay with the other way too. Whichever way serves you and the story best, is the route you should take, Val. 

How's that for giving a decisive answer, eh? :P

Very decisive, reader ;)  :gikkle: 

I'll probably continue to post as I complete each chapter.  There will still probably be a lag in between chapters, depending on my writing speed and how busy my team is.  Hopefully just a matter of weeks vs. months, though. ;)  Thanks for your support!  

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, aditus said:

Hurry up already! I wanna read this.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...  I'm 1100 words into chapter 20 :D 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I've started working on Chapter 20, finally! :D Since there is now a nice long break until the next contest/anthology, I'm going to put all my writing focus and energy into getting this story completed.  My question to followers of the story is... would you prefer me to post chapters as I complete them or wait until the story is actually done and I can post them on a regular basis?  I'm not sure how many more chapters are left, but we're about at the halfway point.  I'm not guaranteeing 20 more chapters, though.  It may be 10... 20...5... no idea until I start getting more into the meat of it. So please reply here, send me a message, status update, whatever, but please let me  know your preference as far as posting.  Thanks, and I appreciate all the support and patience.  I hope it will be worth it in the end. :) 

Either way, but I would lean toward post as you go, and then readers can decide whether to read or wait for the completion :) 

• Like 2